SportsWrath

Giants Sign WR Dwayne Harris

Mr. P

I'm excited to see how good of a blocker he is. He was talked up and to have someone in the slot or outside that can make blocks in the secondary, hopefully that will translate into some big plays for us. You can definitely see, with the kinds of signings so far, that there is a vision for this offense and they aren't going to overpay for stars, but get good players that are the right fit for what they want to do. Optimistic so far.

Its a good signing and shows the team is continuing to attempt to fix the special teams unit. I understand he is also a pretty good gunner and if he takes some carries away from Beckham Jr. I believe many of you will start breathing again on punt returns.

Its a good signing and shows the team is continuing to attempt to fix the special teams unit. I understand he is also a pretty good gunner and if he takes some carries away from Beckham Jr. I believe many of you will start breathing again on punt returns.

That's me lol.

From NFL.com's "Biggest Head Scratching Moves" article:

Dwayne Harris to the Giants

From the moment it was reported that Harris would sign a five-year, $17.5 million deal, with a preposterously comical $7.1 million guaranteed, Giants fans have been doing double checks to see when those numbers will be refuted. Don't get me wrong, Harris is a good kick returner and one of the best all-around special teams players in the entire NFL, however he hasn't shown an ability to be a viable wide receiver target in four seasons -- 33 catches. We know Tom Coughlin values special teams, but $7.1 million guaranteed for a player who hasn't had a kickoff return for a touchdown in two straight seasons, was not in the top 10 in return yards in 2014 and rarely catches passes? Really, Jerry Reese, really? --Kevin Patra

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479878/article/biggest-headscratching-moves