SportsWrath

Free Agency Underway!

Sephiroth

All reports are saying that the Giants are losing out on the guys they've set out to acquire...McCourty, Graham, Suh...

Safety, DE, LB are all real concerns at this point...though I did see we restructured Beason, so at least he'll be here for a couple of games. Still need a lot of signings.

75% of players already signed while Jerry Reese was watching JPP do backflips and offering him 14 million a year.

I have no problem with that... the Giants can not overspend... and shouldn't.

We can only hope the Giants make a big splash on day one and go out and sign a high impact player like Geoff Schwartz!

They focused their efforts on another backup for the Chiefs in Ron Parker. Seriously I have had enough of given career backups starter money because they played well in a few games

That's debatable... JPP suffered from lack of talent around him... and retarded DC. I think a healthy Beason will do wonders to our front 7.

Still need someone on the defensive line outside of JPP to either command a double team or beat the other guy consistently. I've seen JPP get double teamed, but honestly, it doesn't always even take that. Teams chip him with a RB or TE as they're heading out on a pass pattern and that's often enough to deem him ineffective.

I think given the injury years, he's been overrated a bit. Is he still a top 10 DE, yes...but I'd hit the brakes before calling him a top 5. So is he overpaid...I'd argue no. Only because of his value to the Giants THIS year. Without him, our DLine is completely screwed. Further, if he has another injury year, or he doesn't perform to expectations...paying him a little more this year to afford the flexibility next year to cut him or sign him long term at a lower rate...that flexibility is worth it to me.

Whelp, this has been one hell of an underwhelming offseason so far. Trades all over the place, people moving heaven and earth to get players they want... and we got "depth signings."

A question: how do you get "depth signings" when you don't have any starters at those positions in the first place?

I get the Giants are cap-strapped and all, but I'd much rather see 2-3 (hell, even ONE) solid starters signed and instead of 5-6 "depth" guys that are probably going to turn out like J.D. Walton and Eric Curry.

Keeping my fingers crossed that somebody ends up on the team to actually get excited about, but I'm sure as hell not holding my breath.

im not a fan of spending this kind of money on special teams players. if you're doing it right these players should be later round young players on their rookie deals

Let the Bill Cowher sweepstakes begin! :TU:

I think some people are making a mistake looking at Dwayne Harris as exclusively a special teams player are going to be surprised at his impact on the offense. I think McAdoo is excited to be able to have him in his arsenal, and I am too. He's a dangerous player and I love his game. I also think he can play inside or outside, so let's see how this one plays out.

I think some people are making a mistake looking at Dwayne Harris as exclusively a special teams player are going to be surprised at his impact on the offense. I think McAdoo is excited to be able to have him in his arsenal, and I am too. He's a dangerous player and I love his game. I also think he can play inside or outside, so let's see how this one plays out.

An insurance policy for Cruz and more if Cruz is healthy. Allows Cruz to be 110% ready to go as opposed to coming back to early...in other words we can err on the side of caution when it comes to Cruz. I'm still slightly surprised by the money though...a 3rd WR at best on this team and a special teams player...contract is a bit high I think. But I don't diminish what he can bring to the table.

I wish that we would've attacked the safety position with the same emphasis. We've gone after guys, but don't seem willing to put up the money that is necessary.

An insurance policy for Cruz and more if Cruz is healthy. Allows Cruz to be 110% ready to go as opposed to coming back to early...in other words we can err on the side of caution when it comes to Cruz. I'm still slightly surprised by the money though...a 3rd WR at best on this team and a special teams player...contract is a bit high I think. But I don't diminish what he can bring to the table.

I wish that we would've attacked the safety position with the same emphasis. We've gone after guys, but don't seem willing to put up the money that is necessary.

I would've wished we addressed safety also, but Parker is still out there, so fingers crossed. I think the money for Harris reflects the belief that he's a player on the rise, and when you watch the plays he's made and the impact he's had on games, it's hard to argue that. Honestly it's not like he got a superstar contract, but we weren't going to get him for pennies. I think he would've gotten similar money elsewhere.

I would've wished we addressed safety also, but Parker is still out there, so fingers crossed. I think the money for Harris reflects the belief that he's a player on the rise, and when you watch the plays he's made and the impact he's had on games, it's hard to argue that. Honestly it's not like he got a superstar contract, but we weren't going to get him for pennies. I think he would've gotten similar money elsewhere.

I'm very comfortable with Harris. I think you labeling him as a player on the rise is spot on... besides my heart skipped a few beats every time we had ODB out there on returning kicks.

An insurance policy for Cruz and more if Cruz is healthy. Allows Cruz to be 110% ready to go as opposed to coming back to early...in other words we can err on the side of caution when it comes to Cruz. I'm still slightly surprised by the money though...a 3rd WR at best on this team and a special teams player...contract is a bit high I think.

That's a great theory, but this is Tom Coughlin we're talking about here. Why play your "depth" when you can play a starter at 30% and ruin his career? Hakeem Nicks and Jason Pierre-Paul will tell you.

Let the Bill Cowher sweepstakes begin! :TU:

Cowher = Disaster! He's through, yesterday's news. Nobody is looking for him anymore. You have a better chance of seeing Knute Rockne.

Cowher = Disaster! He's through, yesterday's news. Nobody is looking for him anymore. You have a better chance of seeing Knute Rockne.

Agreed! All he did was make the playoffs every year with Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Mike Tomczak, and Tommy Maddox at QB! Any coach could win with that stacked lineup!

A) He also had the league's top defense and running game.

B) NFC North was not a deep division. His career record against the usually weak Browns & Bengals combined was 40-14, giving him one foot in the playoff door before the season started.

B) That was then, this is now.

It also occurs to me that all the things you seem to hate about TC - stubborn, (supposedly) thinks injuries are a lack of toughness, (supposedly) more of a cheerleader than X & O guy, conservative play caller (in fact, the old Steelers were downright predictable!).....that's pretty much where Cowher lived! You'd be screaming for Cowhers head before Thanksgiving!