SportsWrath

Devin McCourty > Antrel Rolle

boohyah

3-year, $11.25 million deal that includes $5 million in guaranteed money

That is a reasonable deal

I would've considered paying him that if I were the Giants...especially if we're going to lose out on Moore and McCourtey both.

I really dont see how he did anything negative to the team.

But hey guess we have to look forward to the new C.C.Brown to patrol the secondary.

Rolle was also a run stuffing safety who, while better than CC, was still pretty mediocre in pass coverage. There wasn't a tight end out there that antrell role could cover going up the seam. And his constant presence in the media is obnoxious. It's like, 'Trel, dude....I watched the back of your jersey chasing down plays from behind all game last week, give me a break!

I really dont see how he did anything negative to the team.

But hey guess we have to look forward to the new C.C.Brown to patrol the secondary.

Rolle was also a run stuffing safety who, while better than CC, was still pretty mediocre in pass coverage. There wasn't a tight end out there that antrell role could cover going up the seam. And his constant presence in the media is obnoxious. It's like, 'Trel, dude....I watched the back of your jersey chasing down plays from behind all game last week, give me a break!

Being a leader in the locker room can't cover up the fact he didnt have a good year. Remember, this guy was one of the highest players on the team, and he never had the impact based off the money he was paid would indicate. I think hes getting a hell of a deal from the bears

It's a head-scratcher that none of the safeties we drafted has panned out.

Why, we're picking projects in the later rounds. We drafted cooper taylor, and one of the first things said was that this guy was big enough to play lb. Huh.

I love Rolle as much as anyone, but his best days are behind him.

He was an amazing Giant and FA signing by Reese, but last year he most definitely lost a step or two. He is still serviceable as fuck, but he can't be a number 1 safety on a successful team anymore tho, Imo. Wish him the best tho, he was a warrior for us and earned every penny. Never missed any games or practice, was a fierce competitor and he trained like hell 12 months a year, and his body was always in the best shape possible.

I will miss you Rolle, you are a Giant for life my man.

It's a head-scratcher that none of the safeties we drafted has panned out.

Too early to say that Berhe or Taylor haven't panned out. I'd argue that Kenny Phillips DID work out. Chad Jones obviously didn't, but you can't pin that one on the Giants. Who else are you thinking of?

Too early to say that Berhe or Taylor haven't panned out. I'd argue that Kenny Phillips DID work out. Chad Jones obviously didn't, but you can't pin that one on the Giants. Who else are you thinking of?

It just seems since Kenny Phillips we've had no one... Rolle was overpriced even when he played well.

It just seems since Kenny Phillips we've had no one... Rolle was overpriced even when he played well.

The overpriced tag is highly debatable.

Rolle never missed a game.

Rolle played multiple positions when called upon without complaining.

Rolle was a leader in the locker room evidenced by comments made by teammates.

Rolle was a leader on the field.

Was he perfect, no. Was he very much worth the investment, I argue absolutely.

I think Rolle was a win as far as having him as a giant. I think he earned his paycheck fine by me.

It's sad to see him go but you always want to try to let someone go a year early than a year late. He seemed to slow down last year.

Safety is a huge hole on the team, hopefully we do something to fill that hole. (that's what she said).

The overpriced tag is highly debatable.

Rolle never missed a game.

Rolle played multiple positions when called upon without complaining.

Rolle was a leader in the locker room evidenced by comments made by teammates.

Rolle was a leader on the field.

Was he perfect, no. Was he very much worth the investment, I argue absolutely.

That is pretty much how I've felt about his time here as well.

Not saying he wasn't solid but still a bit overpriced given his leaderhip didn't produce results.. he was part of those "miscommunications" we've seen all along... a good leader can make up for the DC being an idiot...

Not saying he wasn't solid but still a bit overpriced given his leaderhip didn't produce results.. he was part of those "miscommunications" we've seen all along... a good leader can make up for the DC being an idiot...

Won a superbowl, didn't he?

A good leader taking up issue with an idiot DC can stray to malcontent status pretty quickly.

Won a superbowl, didn't he?

A good leader taking up issue with an idiot DC can stray to malcontent status pretty quickly.

I woudln't go that far... He was part of a 53 man team but I think his mouth outperformed his play given the huge chunk of salary he was commanding. Let's just say he was an Accord getting payed like a 525i.

I woudln't go that far... He was part of a 53 man team but I think his mouth outperformed his play given the huge chunk of salary he was commanding. Let's just say he was an Accord getting payed like a 525i.

You strike me as a "You don't know what you've got, till it's gone" kind of fan.

We paid him to be an elite safety and he wasn't. It isn't a case of you don't know what you got till he's gone, I've been saying this for years he was average, at best above average. There were plenty of games where you wouldn't here his name called at all during the game.

We paid him to be an elite safety and he wasn't. It isn't a case of you don't know what you got till he's gone, I've been saying this for years he was average, at best above average. There were plenty of games where you wouldn't here his name called at all during the game.

Eli is gettting paid top 5 QB money.

JPP is getting paid like he actually makes a difference.

Beatty is making 8 million a year.

Prince is getting paid like he doesn't disappear when it matters.

David Bass is wasting 4 million in dead cap money this year.

It's a habit of the Giant's.