SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fuck ....... Italy will not be at the World Cup after losing their playoff to Sweden ......... what a catastrophe ! ( no Netherlands either )

Italy are a poor team UK. Same with Holland. I'm not sure this result today is a shock, Sweden could be a legitimately better team.

Don't be surprised if the Republic goes through tomorrow. I watched the first game and the Danes showed me little. O'Neill has that team maxing out it's ability.

• 1 month later...

Man City are just too good aren't they guys !

Probably the best British team i've seen for many many years ......wouldn't be surprised if they went on to win the Champions League.

( i went to Huddersfield ( 1 ) Chelsea ( 3 ) on Tue night ...... and to be honest Chelsea looked like a bloody good side too.

Important away win that for QPR against lowly Birmingham there yesterday JR !

It doesn't help matters UK that United played City without the guy who they paid 100 million for and who happens to be on form right now. But you're right, Pep has them playing like Barca before he left. I still think they'll lose a couple of games, they've been pretty lucky with injuries but they're intreraction upfront is impressive. I watched them one week playing DeBruyne behind the forwards and he was stifled but they switched him and Silva against United and he was controlling Midfield. They had over 75% of the play against us at home which was ridiculous.

By the way, the purchase of the year is Salah. What a player.

Yes Boo , Salah is the signing of the season. His combination with Coutinho and Firmino is impressive and his 20 goals before Christmas is remarkable. Shame that our defence is so bloody poor though.

I can see Man City dominating for a few years .......... the rest of us are miles behind in terms of squad depth and consistency. Spurs , Utd , Chelsea and Liverpool show flashes of brilliance one week ......... and then put on a pathetic performance the next week ( eg draw against West Ham or lose to West Brom ).

Ive hardly watched any English Football this season ( due to family health issues ) but when I do ........ City are just sublime.

Hope things are better with your family.

Thanks Boo , my youngest daughter has a serious heart condition and has been in hospital since early Sept , but she is allowed home for 3 days over Christmas , which is great. Sport comes second sometimes nowadays, regards James

Bad trend starting with Jose. They were childish on Saturday and today we don't spend enough money. No mention of him starting Ibra and Lukaku and then taking Ibra off due to the lack of cohesion , he actually took the wrong guy off because they were putting crosses over and needed the taller player to get his head onto them. Not a good week.

fuck me ! Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool for £ 75 M ......i know we need a defender but Jesus that is a lot of dough

That's insane money for a defender. He cost the same as Lukaku. He's a good defender though, I liked him at Celtic and I was surprised Saints got him that easy.

With all the money Southampton have made selling guys, you'd think now they'd splash out a bit and get some decent players in.I like the manager down there mind you.

As for Liverpool, you got the defender, now you might want to address goalie and midfield. Jordan Henderson is not the guy to be hanging your hat on if you want to compete.

i didn't watch the highlights yet, but people are pretty high on Smyth. Yes I still follow, but its hard to pay attention sometimes. I think they will have plenty to stay up, but i think their squad is better than their position right now. I am hoping Olly steps aside at the end of the year. I would love for them to steal Jackett off of Pompey.