SportsWrath

Redskins fire their GM

BlueInCanada

Just when you think the team is headed in the right direction.

I guess losing your two starting WRs and not being able to work out a contract with your franchise QB is a deal breaker

lol

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000792082/article/redskins-fire-general-manager-scot-mccloughan

The Washington Redskins will trek through NFL free agency without a full-time general manager.

Hours after the start of free agency, the Redskins announced the dismissal of general manager Scot McCloughan. The Washington Post first reported the story.

"The Washington Redskins have released Scot McCloughan from the organization effective immediately," team president Bruce Allen said in a statement released by the team. "We wish him success in his future endeavors. The team will have no further comment on his departure. The organization remains confident in our personnel department as we execute our free agency plans as well as prepare for the upcoming NFL Draft."

He likes vodka more than football.

The problem I have with all these reports is that they make it seem that the moment that Scot stepped into office he had a drinking problem.

So basically the Redskins put up with his drunken antics for two years with no problem then SUDDENLY they decide it's enough.

I just think baby Snyder got his panties in a bunch when he finally had a GM telling him "No"

The problem I have with all these reports is that they make it seem that the moment that Scot stepped into office he had a drinking problem.

So basically the Redskins put up with his drunken antics for two years with no problem then SUDDENLY they decide it's enough.

I just think baby Snyder got his panties in a bunch when he finally had a GM telling him "No"

he did

But they put up with it until now?

It doesn't make any sense at all.

Not to mention his drinking buddy with Allen from all the reports.

he had a well known drinking problem. whether he was drinking all this time is unknown.