SportsWrath

Jeff fisher fired

Herc

Apparently the extension had been on his desk for a month. He was waiting to see if he could salvage the season and hold them up for more. When he realized the handwriting was on the wall,he quickly executed the contract, then he got executed.

Yeah, he should have been fired the second he insisted on keeping the #1 overall pick on the bench for Case Keenum. The kid looks like he hasn't developed at all.

The thing I find funny about that criticism is every single draft "expert" out there talked about how Goff isnt "ready" and he'll have to sit behind someone a few years before he gets it all.

Meanwhile post draft no one understood why Fisher didnt want to throw the kid into the fire.

The thing I find funny about that criticism is every single draft "expert" out there talked about how Goff isnt "ready" and he'll have to sit behind someone a few years before he gets it all.

Meanwhile post draft no one understood why Fisher didnt want to throw the kid into the fire.

Sit behind who though? Sit behind Case Keenum? It might make sense if the team that drafted him had a decent quarterback but you're drafting that guy to be the face of your new franchise in a new city. Eli Manning wasn't ready, either.

I thought the pre-draft chatter was the other way around; Wentz was the one that was supposed to sit, Goff was the consensus #1 pick because he was ready to go.

"I think Goff may be more ready to start Day 1" https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-debate-should-the-browns-draft-jared-goff-or-carson-wentz/

He should have been alot better because of the Bob 3 trade and he hasn't.

None of those guys developed as well as they hoped or are on different teams.

Janoris Jenkins was one of those picks and he's playing like a shutdown corner this year, he's been unbelievable.

Every single one of those players involved in that trade has been mediocre, cept for Michael Brockers and Jenkins. That's the type of trade that sets up a team for years, instead they sucked balls with it.

Yeah their gm is even worse than fisher. I remember watching hard knocks and them saying what Austin was asking for and was like lol well I guess they are just starting high for negotiating purposes but their gm was like ok here's the money