SportsWrath

Giants trading for punter Dixon.

Mr. P

I like how the article goes on "The Giants made a move today, a punter who was ranked bottom in all the NFL was just...traded.....for......whaaaaaa?"

Makes Brad Wing not seem that bad...dude was just inconsistent and would botch a kick at an integral moment in the game.

Makes Brad Wing not seem that bad...dude was just inconsistent and would botch a kick at an integral moment in the game.

how's that not bad? They needed someone for practice. this guy hasn't landed the job.

how's that not bad? They needed someone for practice. this guy hasn't landed the job.

Doesn't sound very efficient to give up a conditional draft pick for a player to punt balls for training camp. Sounds more like it is his job to lose.

Yes, that's my take on the condition. what else would it be?

I don't think you can make a pick conditional in terms of not trading the pick altogether.

They still traded for his rights, if he makes the team or not is only relevant in determining if the pick goes higher or gets pushed to another year.

The Giants have two seventh round picks in 2019, I would think the condition is Denver gets the higher of the two depending on like you said if he makes the team.

I don't think you can make a pick conditional in terms of not trading the pick altogether.

They still traded for his rights, if he makes the team or not is only relevant in determining if the pick goes higher or gets pushed to another year.

The Giants have two seventh round picks in 2019, I would think the condition is Denver gets the higher of the two depending on like you said if he makes the team.

I think you can, for instance the recent Cody Kessler trade is for a 7th only if he's on the roster for a certain amount of games.

I think you can, for instance the recent Cody Kessler trade is for a 7th only if he's on the roster for a certain amount of games.

Really?

See that seems like something more NFL teams should abuse more.

I just didnt think it was possible to trade for a player, and not have to trade the pick, I dont recall the instance anyways.

Learn something knew every day.

Actually I just read the trade as well, it's a conditional 7th that will either be the higher of the 7th round picks the Browns have, or the lower depending on how many games he's on the team.

Actually I just read the trade as well, it's a conditional 7th that will either be the higher of the 7th round picks the Browns have, or the lower depending on how many games he's on the team.

Well. Shit.

Sorry Dub, I'm just starved for anything NFL since the Leafs are giving me a heart attack EVERY GAME.

So when I can read and research anything NFL I'm like Defiler on the trail on some hot 'tang.

Skimmin for some trim.