SportsWrath

"Giants shopping Beckham" looks like it might have legs.

Sephiroth

The 4th overall and 2nd round has me sold

This.

But for those of you who say just pay him... fine.. at what price... at what point does your star player hamstring the team financially to the point where everyone else on that team is medicore? Then we don't know how good he will be post injury...

The Steelers are doing just fine paying Brown top wr money. So are the falcons. Youll be lucky if you see another Beckham in blue in your lifetime. Hes what you dream of when you trade for a number 1 pick. Its extremely unlikely that you can equal his value with the players you draft in return for him

The Steelers are doing just fine paying Brown top wr money. So are the falcons. Youll be lucky if you see another Beckham in blue in your lifetime. Hes what you dream of when you trade for a number 1 pick. Its extremely unlikely that you can equal his value with the players you draft in return for him

Defense wins championships... I'm not discounting ODB's star power but there comes a point when his contract becomes counter-productive...

Serious question, are you just not a fan of building a team with superstars because they cost too much? If we got lucky and drafted another Beckham at another position would you not want to pay him fair market value when his rookie contract was up?

Serious question, are you just not a fan of building a team with superstars because they cost too much? If we got lucky and drafted another Beckham at another position would you not want to pay him fair market value when his rookie contract was up?

That's not what i'm saying... although my philosophy is that I prefer a team of blue blue collar B and B+ players than a team with 2 or 3 A players and a bunch of Cs and Ds because we can't afford anything better.. just look at New England... how many superstars can you name on their team?

There comes a time when the size of a player's contract becomes a hindrance to the team...

Well New England is kind of a unique situation. They have had the greatest qb of all time taking less than market value for many years because his wife makes tens of millions per year. Youre right otherwise though, not a ton of star players but its very tough to pull off. You need a top coach and top personnel man

Everyone has a price. I hope he stays but the front office is certainly right to question investing long term in this guy. I don't know if it's his agent or him but he is not winning friends in NY. LA is desparate for some marquis players so they can fill their new stadium- you listen to desparation deals.

Well New England is kind of a unique situation. They have had the greatest qb of all time taking less than market value for many years because his wife makes tens of millions per year. Youre right otherwise though, not a ton of star players but its very tough to pull off. You need a top coach and top personnel man

I don't think that's the case at all... We can argue that their QB is great because of the B and B+ players around him... blue collar stars that are not super stars and even Brady can be labeled as such. I'm a firm believer in having a philosophy around team work... Humans, we look at how much our coworkers make and if one (super star or not) makes 20 times as much as the next guy, the next guy is going to feel a certain kind of way...

Also, ODB is under contract... so him saying he won't play unless he has a new contract or extension isn't exactly making me feel good about his attitude... I get that it's a business and part of that business is you can be traded. It's my hope we keep Beckham but given his potential price tag and couple that with the potential picks we can get for him, we may end up with the better end of the deal...

Everyone has a price. I hope he stays but the front office is certainly right to question investing long term in this guy. I don't know if it's his agent or him but he is not winning friends in NY. LA is desparate for some marquis players so they can fill their new stadium- you listen to desparation deals.

I like this guy ^^^^

Maybe, maaaaybe one player in any given draft is as good as Beckham.... I don't see how you can trade him away and improve the team more than you can simply by paying the man.

You can.. with all the draft picks and the money saved... Just think of our DLine being Snacks, Vernon, and Chubb...and think of our OL being Older, Nelson, Jones and whoever else end up starting... Football is won in the trenches and if you end up with 2 out of (Chubb, Barkely, and Nelson) AND at their rookie price tag, you're clicking on all cylinders.

That is true.... If its a Herschel Walker kind of trade, well.... that changes the math a bit...

You can.. with all the draft picks and the money saved... Just think of our DLine being Snacks, Vernon, and Chubb...and think of our OL being Older, Nelson, Jones and whoever else end up starting... Football is won in the trenches and if you end up with 2 out of (Chubb, Barkely, and Nelson) AND at their rookie price tag, you're clicking on all cylinders.

Well, there's only one ball on the field, and 11 guys playing for your team at a time, so there's only so much you can improve - if at all - by trading an A+ player for a bunch of B-/C+ players. Which is all most rookies will ever be if they're even lucky.

So if they trade him.... it had better be a Herschel Walker kind of lop sided fiasco.

I think a lot of this has to do with there being nothing really going on right now, we are pretty far off from the Draft still and the rush of free agency is over so writers need something to do.

I do not like the idea of ODB negotiating through the media with statements like wanting to be the highest paid player in the league. I could not imagine the Giants giving him that sort of contract right now with a year left on his rookie contract. He is an extremely talented player, but if the right deal was offered I do not think you could say no to it. Personally, I think the 4th pick and the Browns 2nd round pick would do it for me. Drafting Barkley and Nelson changes this football team dramatically.

Personally, I think the 4th pick and the Browns 2nd round pick would do it for me. Drafting Barkley and Nelson changes this football team dramatically.

Defenses would stack the los and crap on us. We'd be a 3 and out machine with no deep threat.

If the Giants were shopping him, he would have been traded already.

Giants listening to offers isn't surprising at this point. I would be surprised if someone came up with a deal the Giants would take at this point. Daily News has been making noise about trading Beckham for weeks, especially since that video. They have been making money for weeks just putting him on a page with no substance.

Just think about this:

Taking a deal at this point is a bad idea and nobody is giving up two first round picks for him or like I said before, the deal would be done already. Beckham jr is simply to valuable as a player to just give up on. You talk about building a team around some class A players, who else fits that bill on this roster? Cowboys built their team around a QB, RB, WR and won 3 super bowls. Manning can still win and Barkley is within our reach. The next QB for the NY Giants gets a rebuilt offensive line and weapons to take this team even further.

If Shurmur can't work with him, then we talk about trading him.

If the Giants were shopping him, he would have been traded already.

Giants listening to offers isn't surprising at this point. I would be surprised if someone came up with a deal the Giants would take at this point. Daily News has been making noise about trading Beckham for weeks, especially since that video. They have been making money for weeks just putting him on a page with no substance.

Just think about this:

Taking a deal at this point is a bad idea and nobody is giving up two first round picks for him or like I said before, the deal would be done already. Beckham jr is simply to valuable as a player to just give up on. You talk about building a team around some class A players, who else fits that bill on this roster? Cowboys built their team around a QB, RB, WR and won 3 super bowls. Manning can still win and Barkley is within our reach. The next QB for the NY Giants gets a rebuilt offensive line and weapons to take this team even further.

If Shurmur can't work with him, then we talk about trading him.

Didn't they trade their star player, Hershel Walker to acquire their SB team?