SportsWrath

Evan Engram

Sephiroth

Shockey was the last time we had such a dynamic TE

Engram is a better receiver maybe but Shockey was a damn good blocker. Engram will never block that good, but Engram could block just enough for sure in the run game especially if he's lined up at WR

Plus Ellison can teach him blocking lol

Hahah if Eli could get leaping Larry a year of 63 catches for over 600 yards and 6 tds imagine what he could do with someone with talent.

Or even Jake Ballard. He was so damn fucking slow defenses would just throw dirt in front of him as his defender

So the major criticism I keep hearing is that he's basically a big slot wr who will push Shepard off the field. I don't think 230 pounds makes it impossible to line up on the line. Plus he can always put on 10 pounds and maintain his speed right? Can he also lineup on the outside if Marshall is hurt or needs a break?

So the major criticism I keep hearing is that he's basically a big slot wr who will push Shepard off the field. I don't think 230 pounds makes it impossible to line up on the line. Plus he can always put on 10 pounds and maintain his speed right? Can he also lineup on the outside if Marshall is hurt or needs a break?

I think Reese said he will play inline at times. I think Shepard will be pushed off the field at times, and that's not a bad thing. Makes the offense more flexible with different packages. But there will be plenty of snaps with Shep and Engram on the field, so I don't see this as a concern.

And yeah, Herc, I really believe he'll go outside and play Marshall's spot if he were to get hurt. I think he profiles really well out there. But they want him to be the seam buster I believe and kill the cover 2.

He wont push Shepard anywhere, if anything Shepard might push Marshall for time at #2, lets not forget Shepard had one of the better rookie WR seasons last year.

The big "criticism" is that he's smaller for a "traditional TE" whatever that means now a days, not like the game is evolving.

MacAttack himself even said that Engram will be playing with his hand in the dirt so the kid better get comfy with the idea of chipping and hitting people.

The best thing about Engram is he's probably a top 3 WR in this draft, he's gonna be a hell of a playmaker. People are just moaning that his position says "TE" when in reality MacAttack will be using him everywhere on the field.

He might be the very definition of a true "H back"

I mean seriously;

OBJ Flowers Pugh Richburg Jerry Hart/Fluker/Bison Marshall

Engram Shepard

Eli Perkins/Vereen

Tell me what da fuck defenses are gonna do?

Inb4 "HURR DE DURR DEE SACK ELI OLINE SUCKZZZ"

OJ Howard would of been worth the move up to get. Guy is 6'6 250 with room to grow. Let's hope this engram kid bulk up 15lbs while maintaining the same speed. Also need to become a better blocker.

Here's hoping for the best.

I still dont understand any of this logic.

I still dont understand any of this logic.

OJ Howard is a better choice than engram and worth moving up for.

OJ is a true TE and Engram is a big WR who plays TE cuz he blocks from time to time. Guy need to beef up for the NFL level. Am I being confusing?

OJ Howard is a better choice than engram and worth moving up for.

OJ is a true TE and Engram is a big WR who plays TE cuz he blocks from time to time. Guy need to beef up for the NFL level. Am I being confusing?

By the Giants standards?

Once again he needs to beef up by whos standards?

Giants or yours?

They felt like they didnt need to trade for Howard (who is being very overly valued here) and they felt like Engram was the better TE.

Inb4 "Oh they have to say that because they drafted him" nonsense.

By the Giants standards?

Once again he needs to beef up by whos standards?

Giants or yours?

They felt like they didnt need to trade for Howard (who is being very overly valued here) and they felt like Engram was the better TE.

Inb4 "Oh they have to say that because they drafted him" nonsense.

Beef up by NFL standards. Go ahead and look at the top five TE around the league. None are at Engram's weight level - 234lb , they are at least 245 and up. That's a total of 10-15 pounds of muscle to block NFL level type of defense.

I am praying you're right and that Engram will do better than Howard. Comparing side by side Howard is a better player and worth the move up. Guess we will wait and see by season end.

This isn't Gilbride's offense anymore they might have this strange concept of throwing to TE's...plus we got our blocking TE in Ellison and yes they can use both of them at the same time. Howard isn't that great a blocker either imo and doesn't stretch the seam as well as Engram