SportsWrath

Mets trade Milledge to Nats for Church and Schneider

jranieli

Fuck you Omar

Fuck you Willie

and Fuck You Fred and Jeff

http://www.metsblog.com/

even if they were getting rebuffed by the a's, orioles and twins regarding their aces, this is still a trade that could've been made a month or two from now. why not wait out what happens with santana/bedard/haren and see if they change their minds regarding what the mets have to offer?

but yeah the trade sucks ballzack

We didn't need a left-handed hitting corner outfielder THAT BAD. We just made a division rival better, and got robbed. Prediction: Milledge will play full time next year and be huge for the Nats. And Schneider? This is getting ridiculous. They absolutely can't trade Gomez now.

between the collapse and now this. I am in shock right now. I could understand if we were trying to upgrade our team with a trade for Milledge but this just sucks. I have had it rooting for this team. I am really pissed off right now.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?

I hope someone fails a physical.

I do feel better with Castro/Schneider behind the plate than I do with Estrada/Castro.

Hopefully Church will have a career year. If not, the Mets are going to struggle to score runs. I predict less from Delgado than last year, Alou is not durable, Castillo could continue to decline, so things could get desperate for offense.

Reyes

Castillo

Wright

Beltran

Alou

Delgado

Church

Castro/Schneider

This team is going to be so fucking bad. Delgado sucks, Alou can hit but injury prone and OLD, Castillo cannot hit the ball out of the infield, Beltran gets hot a few times a year and hits average for the rest of it, and now Church. He's an anti-Semite too, so he will fit in good with the crowd.

I heard they were going to change the name of citi filed to auschwitz

am i the only one who is shocked that omar willingly traded for 2 caucasian players?

First part doesn't make any sense.

And no, you're not shocked either. Apparently Milledge lost value with some teams,

so the Mets trade him for spare parts...why not just keep him and let him play right field?

First part doesn't make any sense.

And no, you're not shocked either. Apparently Milledge lost value with some teams,

so the Mets trade him for spare parts...why not just keep him and let him play right field?

most of the people in the stands at mets games are jews and they will be tourtured by watching the mets over the course of the next decade or so...makes perfect sense to me

most of the people in the stands at mets games are jews and they will be tourtured by watching the mets over the course of the next decade or so...makes perfect sense to me

With David Wright and Jose Reyes this team will be competitive....and that's

all they will be. Apparently Jeff Wilpon likes the phrase "meaningful games in

September" What a douchebag and what a stupid, stupid move.

With David Wright and Jose Reyes this team will be competitive....and that's

all they will be. Apparently Jeff Wilpon likes the phrase "meaningful games in

September" What a douchebag and what a stupid, stupid move.

unless the mets get some pitching, they will not be competitve....which is what milledge should have been traded for

unless the mets get some pitching, they will not be competitve....which is what milledge should have been traded for

See that's the thing, the main goal in this offseason was to get pitching.

This trade didn't do any of the following. CARLOS SILVA HERE WE COME!

I agree with you...a package of Milledge/Pelfrey or Humber and Mulvey would have probably landed you guys Dan Haren

I agree, cause it seems Billy Beane is the only one who covets Milledge.

And out of the three pitchers Mulvey will be the best out of the group.

Ashame the Mets rushed Pelfrey and Humber....I'll wait one more year.

Just let Pelfrey start from day 1 and be done with it. He has good stuff and will be a good pitcher. As for Lastings? Ehh, who knows, I found it very hard to root for him being that he struck me as the type of guy that could go 5-5 in a loss and be happier than if he went 0-5 in a team win. Nonetheless I have to assume they could have done better than this.

BTW this idea that the Mets will not be competitive for "10 years" is as silly as I have seen. Bottom line is the Mets need to start letting their young pitching develop.