SportsWrath

Another Torre Loss

Plow

it was obvious for those who watched the game that wang was done in th 8th inning. He's a 90 pitch pitcher anyway. 1st and 2nd, 2 outs in the 8th, and vidro hit a rocket that melky just barely caught.

Ok now here's the 9th, i understand u dont have farsnworth and rivera, but joe the kid was done. I told my dad it was a mistake leaving him in (i hate when i am right about predicting bad things).

Joe had 2 options, proctor or villone. I understand proctor is tired but he was warming up and Kay said he told joe he wanted to pitch if he had to. Villone's ERA is under 2, he can get guys out, he's an experienced veteran, give him a chance every now and then.

Instead wang runs off the field, slams his glove, practically cries, and forgets how well he pitched as a zimmerman home run clears the fence.

Joe cant manage a bulpen.

I tell ya, i cant take this anymore.

Yeah, Wang should've been pulled in favor of Villone I think.

In all fairness to Joe, who always makes questionable calls, he's in as hard of a situation as it gets with the way the pen is going for you guys. He deserves a little benefit for the moves he makes because he has a lot to worry about right now. I guess he was used to those great pens of the late 90s early 00s.

I wouldn't have a problem with him starting the ninth, but he probably should've gone to Villone after the first guy got on. Proctor's a mess. I don't think you wanted to go there.

Proctor has been pitching a-ok in the last few games, he's being highly over-used...I don't understand why torre won't use villone...people are crying for dotel but torre probably won't use him. and what happened to darrell rasner...he did awesome in one game and i haven't seen him since.

Proctor has been pitching a-ok in the last few games

?

He gave up a hit, two walks, and a run yesterday in 2/3 of an inning. I know it was spread out over 2 innings, and Mo actually let his run score, but that line still doesn't look good. Not only that, but you're asking him to close it out, which is not his thing.

?

He gave up a hit, two walks, and a run yesterday in 2/3 of an inning. I know it was spread out over 2 innings, and Mo actually let his run score, but that line still doesn't look good. Not only that, but you're asking him to close it out, which is not his thing.

but he was quoted before the game as saying "give me the ball, i'll do it"

?

yes but:

Monday: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER

Wednesday: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 K

Friday: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 K