SportsWrath

Eagles Trade McCoy To Buffalo and Release Trent Cole

Mr. P

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 16m16 minutes ago

Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.

Adam CaplanVerified account @caplannfl

The #Eagles will be releasing Trent Cole after both sides could not agree on a revised contract, a league source confirmed.

Thank God, get him the hell out of the NFC East.

Kiko Alonso is a beast though....I think he was hurt this past year, however.

Don't see the point in the Bills giving up a star defensive player for an aging running back who had a down year.

Eagles fans on their board are mixed: about 60% see it as getting rid of McCoy's salary and he's about to go on the decline for a younger cheaper guy who should solidify the ILB position.

Chip is going all out, it's going to be a crazy offseason.

I'm not sure what old Chip Kelly is doing in Philly...he's blowing up a good team. Oh well, good for the NFC East.

yeah I said in another thread, either he's going to look like a genius or he'll be out of the league in two years.

and now they're signing gore. everybody's been waiting for the wheels to fall off on him. they were better off drafting someone to put into a committee with polk and sproles

See , here's the flaw to announcing all of these "signings" before free agency even starts. Gore is backing out of his "deal" with Philly. Philly looks like a bunch of putzes.

He must have thought he took the guys he had as far as they could go, it's the only thing I can figure. Trying the quick rebuild turnaround it looks like.

Still, as of right now, on paper, the Eagles are on the wrong end of the Foles-Bradford trade.

Bradford reminds me so much of Rex Grossman's career it's not funny. Lots of potential, but can't stay on the field to save his life (remember Grossman in Chicago?). Once on the field, his development was so behind, Grossman couldn't catch up.

You could make the argument that St. Louis didn't have any receivers, but who do the Eagles have right now? Riley Cooper?

I can see grabbing him for short term (although that could backfire with his injury history), but then why take on the cap number and lose multiple picks?

i don't know. it's too much risk if you ask me. they do have jordan matthews too but cooper is a boom or bust burner (who is prone to mistakes on top of it), i'd rather a guy like that be my 3rd wr than one of my two starters