SportsWrath

Evan Engram

Sephiroth

What do you guys think we do in 2nd round? OL? I really wanted a blocking TE, but to be honest...starting to like this guy. I watched some vids on him and the info on him seems like he can be a threat. Odell, Marshall, Shepard, Engram. I like it.

I think we already got the blocking TE/FB in free agency... I'm looking for OL or ILB in the 2nd and 3rd.

The guy is going to open up so much for this offense. Good luck defending Odell, Marshall, Engram, and Shephard.

He may be undersized, but he's a tough guy. He'll be fine blocking LBs, and chipping DEs.

This is true, but I feel like as a team we should be moving away from finesse, "throw the ball 40 times a game" and into a more power-based, "50/50 run-pass split" type of offense. Eli is old and can't chuck the ball 40 times a week for the rest of his life.

I'd have been happier with a big O-lineman and a TE like Kittle than a finesse TE, but I guess we'll see. If we're going full finesse Lamp might be a good pickup if he's there in the 2nd.

This is true, but I feel like as a team we should be moving away from finesse, "throw the ball 40 times a game" and into a more power-based, "50/50 run-pass split" type of offense. Eli is old and can't chuck the ball 40 times a week for the rest of his life.

I'd have been happier with a big O-lineman and a TE like Kittle than a finesse TE, but I guess we'll see. If we're going full finesse Lamp might be a good pickup if he's there in the 2nd.

I think having guys like our WRs and now Engram all but opens up the running game...

Honestly, I'm just having a really hard time deciding whether I like the pick or not.

Can someone post a highlight video, please? Preferably one with a really bad hip hop soundtrack? I can never seem to find those.

Honestly, I'm just having a really hard time deciding whether I like the pick or not.

Can someone post a highlight video, please? Preferably one with a really bad hip hop soundtrack? I can never seem to find those.

:laugh:

I'll tell you, Reese and McAdoo are saying to the rest of the NFL.. "go ahead and try that Cover 2 stuff on us again... please do it." Because Engram will dominate the seam. Kind of like Dirty Harry, "Go ahead, make my day."

His game against FSU:

After we signed a great blocking TE this offseason, I'm baffled at how some people are upset with this pick solely because he's lacking great TE blocking skills. I'm baffled that some think this is like a critical skill that we need.

It's like political views.

After we signed a great blocking TE this offseason, I'm baffled at how some people are upset with this pick solely because he's lacking great TE blocking skills. I'm baffled that some think this is like a critical skill that we need.

Some people still have visions of a Bill Parcells led team with OJ Anderson running the ball right down the throat of a defense the whole game... I still have those visions, but only in my dreams, that is in no way the sort of offense that MacAttack is going to use... ever.

I think we already got the blocking TE/FB in free agency... I'm looking for OL or ILB in the 2nd and 3rd.

Nas, we desperately need a DT tonight. Way more than LB and arguably more than OL. I like Wormley if we can get him at 55, or Demarcus Walker (I will run around my neighborhood nekkid if we get him).

:laugh:

I'll tell you, Reese and McAdoo are saying to the rest of the NFL.. "go ahead and try that Cover 2 stuff on us again... please do it." Because Engram will dominate the seam. Kind of like Dirty Harry, "Go ahead, make my day."

His game against FSU:

I AM really excited about that. This guy is definitely going to help against the Cover-2, no doubt about it.

I don't see why people are so upset...Howard was underwhelming in college, and he's no guarantee. Njoku is no sure thing as well, and he hasn't been used much in a blocking role similar to Engram.

Julio Jones was basically irrelevant in the Tide Offence.

Yep, sometimes they have the stats but can't pass the eye test. Sometimes they pass the eye test but don't have the stats. You definitely want the player in the latter category. That's O.J. Howard (and ArDarius Stewart in that same offense).

Also, define "irrelevant." Irrelevant like Jones being by far the leading receiver with 78 catches and over 1,000 yards receiving for Bama, far dwarfing anyone else in that offense kind of irrelevant, in a passing attack that had over 3300+ yards on the season? A guy that put up 200+ AP yards and a TD in his last SEC championship kind of irrelevant? 85 AP yards and a TD in his bowl game, where the team took him out because they blew our MI State by 40 points? Leading the entire team in yards from scrimmage kind of irrelevant?

That's pretty good for irrelevant.

That type of offense is long and gone in todays NFL though, not to mention that is never gonna be MacAttack MO

With the college game becoming more and more pass happy with QBs who can scramble for 25 yards if they need too, the power running game is slowly becoming more and more of a thing of the past.

I'm not saying we dont need a run game, but the way MacAttack calls his games, you are going to see Eli throw the ball 35/40 times a game, which is why I have no problem with the Gints toying with the idea of looking at Elis replacement this year or next.

Also, define "irrelevant." Irrelevant like Jones being by far the leading receiver with 78 catches and over 1,000 yards receiving for Bama, far dwarfing anyone else in that offense kind of irrelevant, in a passing attack that had over 3300+ yards on the season? A guy that put up 200+ AP yards and a TD in his last SEC championship kind of irrelevant? 85 AP yards and a TD in his bowl game, where the team took him out because they blew our MI State by 40 points? Leading the entire team in yards from scrimmage kind of irrelevant?

That's pretty good for irrelevant.

His numbers never matched up to being a Number 1 recruit. 4 Tds in each his first two years. Point being you can be a great player and look rather average STAT wise.

His numbers never matched up to being a Number 1 recruit. 4 Tds in each his first two years. Point being you can be a great player and look rather average STAT wise.

How about his Junior year, his last year? He led the team in yards from scrimmage, and dominated their passing attack in receptions. How is that irrelevant?

How about his Junior year, his last year? He led the team in yards from scrimmage, and dominated their passing attack in receptions. How is that irrelevant?

Okay V. Stick to the point. OJ Howard was a TE in a run-first offense that has no QBs. Just like Julio he never played up to his talents. Not by choice but because he was a team player.

Okay V. Stick to the point. OJ Howard was a TE in a run-first offense that has no QBs. Just like Julio he never played up to his talents. Not by choice but because he was a team player.

Never played to his talents? In addition to leading the team in AP yards in 2010, the guy was first team all SEC 2010 (second team 2008, and Freshman of the Year). He was also the decisive factor in their SEC title game in 2010 with that 200+ yard game, where they later went on to blow out MI State in their bowl game. And that's in the robust SEC!

Yeah he seems like a willing blocker, if not a very good one. The other thing too is we had the TE that only did one thing well (Larry Donnell) for four years and he never set my world on fire either. Hopefully Engram can be a better player with a more useful role.

And if you check out the Engram/Reed simulcast there's no contest. The biggest question I feel is if he's really a TE at the next level or a big WR. While he's faster than Reed for sure, he also looks to be quite a bit smaller.

That's not fair..Donnell was great at fumbling the ball too.