SportsWrath

Who's the one guy you DO want the Giants to draft #1, and why?

Lughead

To my hands down its OJ Howard. Not only do I want the Giants to draft him. I would think it would behoove them to trade up and get him... Dallas will try to jump us in the draft . The one thing we do not want is Howard to go to Dallas.

I know it's not in the Giants MO to trade up. This guy does it all pass block ,run block and catches over the middle up the seem or on the edge. Put him outside of flowers to lend him a hand, chip and release Safety valve.

Howard is the #1 guy I would like to see in blue.

If Howard goes to Dallas we can pretty much guarantee 180 yards and 3 TDs against us every year as we ask the Mark Herzlichs and JaQuain Williamses ("the Giants best cover linebacker!") of the world to keep up with him.

In a perfect world I'd like Howard on our team, but he's not gonna be there. He's a top 15 pick.

I think Taco Charlton or Adoree Jackson will be the pick, but if Howard is somehow still there, Reese needs to run his ass to the podium.

i agree .... Howard or Cam Robinson would be absolutely fine !

( but .....as a real longshot .......what do we do if either McCaffrey or Trubisky are still on the board at 23 ? )

McCaffrey. I don't want a single QB in this draft on the team, especially with a much stronger class expected next year. In any other year none of these guys would be 1st round considerations.

McCaffrey. I don't want a single QB in this draft on the team, especially with a much stronger class expected next year. In any other year none of these guys would be 1st round considerations.

i think you are right Seph .......... and if McCaf is still there at 23 i bloody well hope Jerry picks him !

i agree .... Howard or Cam Robinson would be absolutely fine !

( but .....as a real longshot .......what do we do if either McCaffrey or Trubisky are still on the board at 23 ? )

I was just reading the NFL page about Cam Robinson, and the NFL player they compared him to....Ereck Flowers :chair:

Njkousoshsksuauuduguuouyyyopoudugyiuuuuuuu

Fucking players names now a days.

Anyways he's gonna be a pro bowl TE and will present problems against some of the best cover corners in the NFL let alone LBs.

Plus he can block better then Flowers can at this point so help him chip the DE and get him out in space.

You know like how Dallas has been butt fucking the Gints year in and out with Witten.

I like Evan Engram better than Howard or Njoku...not as a more complete TE, but rather I like him as the better receiver and better threat against opposing defenses, opening up new dimensions for our offense and causing problems for opposing defenses.

i don't know that he's ever going to be a great blocker or TE but he could be a hell of an H-back.

There is no player that I would want the Giants to trade up for. Too cost-prohibitive. I would love for the Giants to move back with to Chiefs or Texans spots and get an extra pick.

That said, if by some miracle Howard fell to the Giants, I think he's a fantastic fit and would be a great Giant for a long time. But there is almost literally NO chance of that happening.

I guess the guy I want the most that has some kind of realistic chance of being available to the Giants is Ryan Ramczyk. The health flag doesn't bother me too much. Good OL is scarce, and I think he can be a long-term fit at LT, and if Flowers gets it together this year, he can also solve RT.

As for Cam Robinson the player...I like a LOT. He really impressed me against Garrett. He can anchor against anyone, and although I'm still not sure he has LT feet, I'm leaning that way. But the incident with the stolen gun... that is a major flag for me. The DA released this statement on why he didn't seek to prosecute, no, this isn't the Onion:

"I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and their teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all home in the air conditioning," Jones told KNOE. Full link: http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/06/prosecution_declined_on_all_ch.html

To sum up, car pulled over, had a gun IN HIS LAP, and a STOLEN gun under his seat. In addition, had marijuana. I get it, marijuana is no big deal. But as long as the NFL continues to suspend guys for toking, it's a big deal.

Cam Robinson the player? I think he's the best OL in this class. I think he can play anywhere on the line. So if he's the pick, I'll feel ok about it, because I know the Giants will have looked into him extensively and they will have to feel ok about him. A stolen firearm is a tough one to explain, though.

I wouldn't mind Chris Wormley at 23. I know for many that would seem like a reach. But he's smart, he has a high floor, and you are going to get a good DT that can start early for the Giants and at a position that is the biggest current need on the team.

Kevin King is a guy I am really getting excited about. His length with his speed is rare. He does the things that the Giants request of their corners outside. We need a 4th CB that can play at a high level. A part of me doesn't want another CB in the first because we just did that last year, but another part of me says that top CB play is so important to defenses right now, that it wouldn't be bad. And you MIGHT be able to stick him at FS while the big 3 are healthy. I think he could do it and play that position at an extremely high level, although I acknowledge it would be tough to stick a rookie corner there and then ask him to transition back to corner if one of the big 3 gets hurt.

In the same way, I'd be happy with Conley. I think Conley is going to be a superstar, shut-down CB. He's the whole package if you ask me... could lead the NFL in interceptions and do it early on. It also would be kind of cool to re-unite Conley and Apple.

And I was a Corey Davis guy early and I'm a Corey Davis guy still. I think he has the all-around game at WR that I want to come in, be a hedge early against injury, an be an heir apparent to Brandon Marshall. When Marshall leaves this team, having OBJ, Davis, and Shepard will be special. But I don't think he'll be the pick, and I think he'll be drafted prior to 23 anyway.

I was on to Bolles... tremendous feet. LT feet all day. And I still want to be high on him. But a NINE on the Wonderlic... damn. Is he a dum-dum? If he's a dum-dum I just don't think you can invest a first rounder on him.

For BB25, as far as Jarrad Davis goes, and I know the Giants don't take linebackers in the first, but this year, if he's there at 23, you have to consider it. I don't know how I feel about it because we already have a MLB in Goodson I'm very high on, and believe that he is our MIKE of the future. But Davis is instinctive (football instincts are A+++), competitive, tough, and has the speed to go sideline to sideline. He would be great on our team with the way he can shoot the gaps and cause problems in the backfield. He is as safe a pick at linebacker as I've seen in a while. If you put him in last year's class, the only guy I'd have ahead of him is Myles Jack (injury to Jack notwithstanding). But I think both he and Goodson are MLB's only, and so if we were to go MLB I'd want a guy that I'd feel comfortable with coming in and starting at the WIL if I'm drafting him in the first round. If you asked me what is the one player that I don't want to see go to the Cowboys, however, it's Davis. I really, really hope he's taken prior to pick #28. If you're BPA at 23, and Davis is there, he has to be in the discussion, because he's really, really good.

Wouldn't be upset if it's Njoku although I wonder if he's just a great athlete and not a great football player.

So anyway, I guess it's Ramczyk for me.

Davis would be a WILL for the Giants, but we do have J.T Thomas there so they do probably pass on a LB again

Why do you think he'd be a WILL? I think he could probably play it, but I also think his best position is MLB. If he could play the WILL at a high level, then I'd be on board.

Why do you think he'd be a WILL? I think he could probably play it, but I also think his best position is MLB. If he could play the WILL at a high level, then I'd be on board.

He has sideline to sideline range and ability off the edge

There is no player that I would want the Giants to trade up for. Too cost-prohibitive. I would love for the Giants to move back with to Chiefs or Texans spots and get an extra pick.

That said, if by some miracle Howard fell to the Giants, I think he's a fantastic fit and would be a great Giant for a long time. But there is almost literally NO chance of that happening.

I guess the guy I want the most that has some kind of realistic chance of being available to the Giants is Ryan Ramczyk. The health flag doesn't bother me too much. Good OL is scarce, and I think he can be a long-term fit at LT, and if Flowers gets it together this year, he can also solve RT.

As for Cam Robinson the player...I like a LOT. He really impressed me against Garrett. He can anchor against anyone, and although I'm still not sure he has LT feet, I'm leaning that way. But the incident with the stolen gun... that is a major flag for me. The DA released this statement on why he didn't seek to prosecute, no, this isn't the Onion:

"I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and their teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all home in the air conditioning," Jones told KNOE. Full link: http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/06/prosecution_declined_on_all_ch.html

To sum up, car pulled over, had a gun IN HIS LAP, and a STOLEN gun under his seat. In addition, had marijuana. I get it, marijuana is no big deal. But as long as the NFL continues to suspend guys for toking, it's a big deal.

Cam Robinson the player? I think he's the best OL in this class. I think he can play anywhere on the line. So if he's the pick, I'll feel ok about it, because I know the Giants will have looked into him extensively and they will have to feel ok about him. A stolen firearm is a tough one to explain, though.

I wouldn't mind Chris Wormley at 23. I know for many that would seem like a reach. But he's smart, he has a high floor, and you are going to get a good DT that can start early for the Giants and at a position that is the biggest current need on the team.

Kevin King is a guy I am really getting excited about. His length with his speed is rare. He does the things that the Giants request of their corners outside. We need a 4th CB that can play at a high level. A part of me doesn't want another CB in the first because we just did that last year, but another part of me says that top CB play is so important to defenses right now, that it wouldn't be bad. And you MIGHT be able to stick him at FS while the big 3 are healthy. I think he could do it and play that position at an extremely high level, although I acknowledge it would be tough to stick a rookie corner there and then ask him to transition back to corner if one of the big 3 gets hurt.

In the same way, I'd be happy with Conley. I think Conley is going to be a superstar, shut-down CB. He's the whole package if you ask me... could lead the NFL in interceptions and do it early on. It also would be kind of cool to re-unite Conley and Apple.

And I was a Corey Davis guy early and I'm a Corey Davis guy still. I think he has the all-around game at WR that I want to come in, be a hedge early against injury, an be an heir apparent to Brandon Marshall. When Marshall leaves this team, having OBJ, Davis, and Shepard will be special. But I don't think he'll be the pick, and I think he'll be drafted prior to 23 anyway.

I was on to Bolles... tremendous feet. LT feet all day. And I still want to be high on him. But a NINE on the Wonderlic... damn. Is he a dum-dum? If he's a dum-dum I just don't think you can invest a first rounder on him.

For BB25, as far as Jarrad Davis goes, and I know the Giants don't take linebackers in the first, but this year, if he's there at 23, you have to consider it. I don't know how I feel about it because we already have a MLB in Goodson I'm very high on, and believe that he is our MIKE of the future. But Davis is instinctive (football instincts are A+++), competitive, tough, and has the speed to go sideline to sideline. He would be great on our team with the way he can shoot the gaps and cause problems in the backfield. He is as safe a pick at linebacker as I've seen in a while. If you put him in last year's class, the only guy I'd have ahead of him is Myles Jack (injury to Jack notwithstanding). But I think both he and Goodson are MLB's only, and so if we were to go MLB I'd want a guy that I'd feel comfortable with coming in and starting at the WIL if I'm drafting him in the first round. If you asked me what is the one player that I don't want to see go to the Cowboys, however, it's Davis. I really, really hope he's taken prior to pick #28. If you're BPA at 23, and Davis is there, he has to be in the discussion, because he's really, really good.

Wouldn't be upset if it's Njoku although I wonder if he's just a great athlete and not a great football player.

So anyway, I guess it's Ramczyk for me.

If Adoree Jackson is gone I can see the Giants going Kevin King. I think they'd like Jackson's return ability but I think King gives them a big corner to match up with the big WRs of the league.

He has sideline to sideline range and ability off the edge

I see that, and I don't disagree with those skills, but also he's best when the play is in front of him. If I'm the Giants and I have plans for him to play the WIL spot, I want to make sure he can flip hips and run and not be a liability in coverage. I'm not saying he can't do that, because I have seen him make plays in coverage... but I'm just not sure based on what I've seen. If the Giants feel he can do it well, then yes please.

I think Goodson and Davis would be a great pair of linebackers in the future on this defense.

If Adoree Jackson is gone I can see the Giants going Kevin King. I think they'd like Jackson's return ability but I think King gives them a big corner to match up with the big WRs of the league.

I'd be shocked if King isn't already well above Adoree' Jackson. I get that Jackson is a dangerous returner and has some ability with the ball in his hands, but I don't think you pass on one of the top 3 corners for Jackson because of punt return ability. King will likely be drafted 15 spots or more higher than Jackson, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 25-30 spots.

Who would I like them to take?

Pie in the sky: OJ Howard

Realistically: Zach Cunningham

Who will the Giants ACTUALLY take?

Taco Charlton

Honestly Taco is a hell of a DE, reminds me abit of JPP.

"""Can never have to many DEs" -Spags" - Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott.

Honestly Taco is a hell of a DE, reminds me abit of JPP.

"""Can never have to many DEs" -Spags" - Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott.

Yeah me too. The plan will be to bump JPP to the 3-technique on passing downs and let Taco rush from the LDE spot.

That's not what I'd personally do... JPP pretty much never makes a play from the DT position... but I know the Giants' thinking, and I'll bet that's what they'd like to do.