SportsWrath

2009 Baseball Predictions

Virginia Giant

A.L East

New York Yankees - The possible pitching cannot be ignored, and with the addition of Teixeira, having Nady for a full year possibly a relieved Arod should make the offense pretty formidable. I think Gardner in CF will be fine, Nady in right, Damon in left and Dick face Swisher backing up or whatever he is doing there, the outfield is good enough. I just think the Yanks are reloaded and truely have a shot this year.

Boston Redsox - It's always a toss up between the Yanks and Sox, looking at their depth chart, they could easily be in 1st when it's all said and done.

Toronto Blue jays

Tampa Bay Rays - as much as i think they have an awesome team, I think they fall back this year.

Baltimore orioles.

A.L. Central

Minnesota Twins

Detroit Tigers

Cleveland Indians

Chicago White Sox

Kansas City Royals

A.L. West

Texas Rangers - The last couple years I've tried being realistic....I'm done. Millwood and Padilla AND Harrison win 15+, McCarthy stays healthy and pitches well, Feldman/Nipper will hold their own and maybe if one of the above fail, Holland gets called up and pitched well./ Andruw Jones doesn't get back to all star caliber, but is better than he has been recently and takes over in CF Hamilton is an all star in RF, Murphy does what the Murph does in LF, Cruz forces his way in to regular playing time, Blalock stays healthy and hit 30 home runs, Micharl Young is an all star gold glove winning 3rd basebam, Andrus isn't great offensivly but makes plays at SS that Young only dreams about, Davis hits 40 fucking dingers, Kinsler is a 30-30 guy and the combo of Salty/Teagarden is the best catching duo in the league. Washington wins manager of the year.

Cock sucking Angels

Seattle Mariners - Griffey has a great year

Cock sucking A's

N.L East

Philadelphia Phillies

New York Mets - couldn't decide, adding the two closers helps out greatly, but I just can't place them ahead of the champs right now.

Washington Nationals - just a feeling

Florida Marlins

Atlanta Braves

N.L. Central

Chicago Cubs

Milwaukee Brewers - Fool me once.....

Cincinatti Reds

Huoston Astros

St Louis Cardinals

Pittsburg Pirates

N.L. West

Arizona Diamondbacks

SF Giants

LA Dodgers

SD Padres

Colorado Rockies

C'mon VG!!! The Mets have been 1 game away from them the past 2 years, and before that we completely destroyed them. Our bullpen was a mess, now our bullpen is considered top 5 caliber in the MLB's. We have a pretty much healthy crew, and good managers. I would honestly be surprised if we only win the division by less then 10 games. Really surprised

You never have picked against the Rangers so I have to give you credit there. I would laugh at you if you were a Royals fan and picked them to make the playoffs.

I tried the realistic approach last year, hoping to try a little reverse psychology and be pleasantly surprised. But I do have a pretty good feeling about this team, it's a shame Hurely is hurt, but if Millwood can keep it together, I love Padilla and Harrison just wins games. As long as the 4 and 5 guys can give us something...who knows.

And our pen looks a lot stronger than last year, even without Benoit.

I dunno, I just think we are really close, this likely ain't the year, but we're getting there, and Nolan is heading the conditioning program for the pitchers, that has been our biggest problem, every fucking pitcher getting hurt.

C'mon VG!!! The Mets have been 1 game away from them the past 2 years, and before that we completely destroyed them. Our bullpen was a mess, now our bullpen is considered top 5 caliber in the MLB's. We have a pretty much healthy crew, and good managers. I would honestly be surprised if we only win the division by less then 10 games. Really surprised

I like the Mets this year, but imho the Champs get the benefit of the doubt, at the very least until a month into the season.Same as people picking the Cowboys to win the East after the Giants won the SB.

You never have picked against the Rangers so I have to give you credit there. I would laugh at you if you were a Royals fan and picked them to make the playoffs.

hey they have omar the out maker at SS, that should put them over the top.

I tried the realistic approach last year, hoping to try a little reverse psychology and be pleasantly surprised. But I do have a pretty good feeling about this team, it's a shame Hurely is hurt, but if Millwood can keep it together, I love Padilla and Harrison just wins games. As long as the 4 and 5 guys can give us something...who knows.

And our pen looks a lot stronger than last year, even without Benoit.

I dunno, I just think we are really close, this likely ain't the year, but we're getting there, and Nolan is heading the conditioning program for the pitchers, that has been our biggest problem, every fucking pitcher getting hurt.

I like the Mets this year, but imho the Champs get the benefit of the doubt, at the very least until a month into the season.Same as people picking the Cowboys to win the East after the Giants won the SB.

I agree 100% with you on the NL East. It hurts to say it but the Phillies are the reigning champs and the Mets are the reigning choke artists. I cannot put them above the Phillies just yet. The Mets improved the position that hurt them the most last year and they might be a better team but they have a lot to prove. I pray like you that the Mets can finally do it. New stadium, new attitude.

I will have to say, I always have thought the Rangers would have a better year than they actually have. They do have talent but I do not trust that pitching staff. For the first time in a few years, the AL West is wide open. The Angels are a good team but not as good as the past few years. You are right on the conditioning program too. They do need a change and that summer heat is a killer. Looks like that is an issue with the Rangers. They have the hitting but do they have the pitching? Who knows.

hey they have omar the out maker at SS, that should put them over the top.

Haha yeah, he is going to hurt them in more ways than one.

• 2 weeks later...

AL East:

N.Y Yankees

Tampa Bay(W.C)

Baltimore

Boston(fuck you Kevin,fuck you Josh,fuck you Jason,fuck you Dustin,fuck you J.D, fuck you David,fuck Daisuke,fuck you Jed,fuck you Jacoby,fuck you Theo,fuck you Terry and i can only pray that their plane crashes someday for i can piss on the wreckage or that all the parasites that inhabit that city kill each other off)

Toronto

AL Central:

Minnesota

Cleveland

Detroit

Kansas City

Chicago(this should make for some classic Ozzie moments just got a feeling first to worst)

AL West:

Oakland

Anaheim

Texas

Seattle(wooh ho! THE KID is back ok not anymore)

NL East:

N.Y Mets (David Wright league MVP)

Philadelphia

Florida

Atlanta

Washington

NL Central:

Chicago

Houston(W.C)

St. Louis

Cincinnati

Milwaukee

Pittsburgh (when is the Steelers first game?)

NL West

San Francisco (Lincecum,Cain and Sanchez ridiculous pitching leads them to a division crown)

Arizona

Los Angeles

Colorado

San Diego

A.L.D.S:Tampa Bay vs. Oakland Minnesota vs. N.Y Yankees

A.L.C.S:Tampa Bay vs. N.Y Yankees

N.L.D.S: San Francisco vs. Chicago N.Y Mets vs. Houston

N.L.C.S: San Francisco vs. N.Y Mets

World Series: Yankees over Mets

AL East:

N.Y Yankees

Tampa Bay(W.C)

Baltimore

Boston(fuck you Kevin,fuck you Josh,fuck you Jason,fuck you Dustin,fuck you J.D, fuck you David,fuck Daisuke,fuck you Jed,fuck you Jacoby,fuck you Theo,fuck you Terry and i can only pray that their plane crashes someday for i can piss on the wreckage or that all the parasites that inhabit that city kill each other off)

Toronto

AL Central:

Minnesota

Cleveland

Detroit

Kansas City

Chicago(this should make for some classic Ozzie moments just got a feeling worst to first)

AL West:

Oakland

Anaheim

Texas

NL East:

Philadelphia

Florida

Atlanta

Washington

NL Central:

Chicago

Houston(W.C)

St. Louis

Cincinnati

Milwaukee

NL West

San Francisco (Lincecum,Cain and Sanchez ridiculous pitching leads them to a division crown) Arizona

Los Angeles

Colorado

San Diego

:wub:

AL East:

N.Y Yankees

Tampa Bay(W.C)

Baltimore

Toronto

AL Central:

Minnesota

Cleveland

Detroit

Kansas City

Chicago(this should make for some classic Ozzie moments just got a feeling first to worst)

AL West:

Oakland

Anaheim

Texas

NL East:

Philadelphia

Florida

Atlanta

Washington

NL Central:

Chicago

Houston(W.C)

St. Louis

Cincinnati

Milwaukee

NL West

San Francisco (Lincecum,Cain and Sanchez ridiculous pitching leads them to a division crown)

Arizona

Los Angeles

Colorado

San Diego

+

Don't forget the Big Unit. :ph34r:

AL East - The Yankees have built themselves a glass house. A-Rod will already start the season on the DL, with Corey Ransom starting at 3rd. Can Damon still be a sparkplug at leadoff? Their lineup starts the year looking, very, shall we say... VETERAN. That said, Tex was a big get. A lot will depend on what they get out of Cano this year. If he has a big year, the Yankees will have a big year. When A-Rod comes back, having him and Tex back to back in the lineup is going to be lethal.

Going back to the glass house analogy, a look at their starting 5:

CC Sabathia

Wang

Joba

Burnett

Pettite

I think Pettite will be alright, he always battles. But Burnett has a history of injury and can Joba really be a starter for 200 innings? That is a big question. Wang also comes off a year where he missed significant time. A lot will depend on this starting 5 staying intact, and that is questionable. The Yankees do not have quality depth at starting pitcher or in the bullpen. We will see, I know Yankees fans are not going to like what I've written.

Contrast to the Red Sox. They have 7 quality starting pitchers in Beckett, Daisuke, Lester, Wakefield, Penny, Bucholtz, and Smoltz. I know Penny and Smoltz are gambles, but even if one of them works out well, that is a formidable rotation with solid depth.

Then the bullpen: Masterson, Saito, Okajima, Delcarmen, and Lopez who have all been very successful, and then Papelbon closing. That is a bullpen ANY team envies.

And the lineup is killer as well because I believe Youkilis is about to have a career year, and Jason Bay is going to be excellent for them as well.

As for the reigning AL Champs, everyone is going to find out just how good David Price is.

With him, Kazmir, Shields, Garza and Sonnanstine, they have one of the best young rotations in all of baseball. I think that the Rays come up short in the bullpen, though, and that may be where they get hurt in the long run. A lot will depend on what they get out of Isringhausen and Percival. I am skeptical. I think with all the young talent the Rays have, they will be in the hunt, though.

Here's how it shakes down in the AL East:

1 Red Sox -- Too much depth up and down the roster

2 Yankees -- CC and Tex put them over the top and they get a Wild Card, but if injuries mount... then

3 Rays -- Could pass Yankees should some veterans and starting pitchers go down or drop in performance

4 Blue Jays

5 Orioles

NL East

The Mets will finally break through. They have good young arms, good prospects that are close, and a deep rotation. The bullpen is totally revamped and this team is ready to put the past couple of disappointing seasons behind them.

A player to watch is Jose Reyes... for some reason I think he has a career year this year. With Putz and K-Rod in tow, Santana will win his first NL Cy. I expect 20 wins out of him.

Phillies didn't do enough to repeat. Ibanez is a push when compared to Burrell. And the rest of the pen and rotation is pretty much the same. But Utley, Howard, Rollins, Werth, and Victorino will still give the Mets absolute fits. For all their success last season, though, the Mets did take 10 out of 17 from them, the division was lost against other teams.

Marlins still don't have the pitching.

Braves are said to watch now. Seem content to do it with prospects, I don't understand it. They used to be such a proud franchise committed to winning. They signed Lowe, but they don't have enough.

1 Mets - Rotation and revamped bullpen are the keys.

2 Phillies - Wild card winner, their offense is still the best in the NL

3 Marlins

4 Nationals - take a small step forward

5 Braves - Hate to put them in the cellar, but what is going to happen to that team should Hudson go down? Smoltz is gone, and they are counting on another decent year from Glavine.

• 2 weeks later...

the yankees starting pitching is really starting to come around...I know spring stats dont mean much, but theyre looking very good.

And Jim, the yankees have tremendous pitching depth, its the infield depth that they lack. The Yankees should be incredible this year, they are built on pitching and they have tons of pitching on all levels. SHould a starter go down, they have Hughes to fill the spot (who is awesome and would the ace of many teams pitching staffs right now)...and the yankees have an incredible bullpen with a ton of guys with great arms that can step up should one or two get hurt or are ineffective. I have extremely high expectations for the yankees this season. They should dominate....and like I previously said, ST doesnt mean much, but the yankees have won 9 straight games.

the yankees starting pitching is really starting to come around...I know spring stats dont mean much, but theyre looking very good.

And Jim, the yankees have tremendous pitching depth, its the infield depth that they lack. The Yankees should be incredible this year, they are built on pitching and they have tons of pitching on all levels. SHould a starter go down, they have Hughes to fill the spot (who is awesome and would the ace of many teams pitching staffs right now)...and the yankees have an incredible bullpen with a ton of guys with great arms that can step up should one or two get hurt or are ineffective. I have extremely high expectations for the yankees this season. They should dominate....and like I previously said, ST doesnt mean much, but the yankees have won 9 straight games.

No he wouldn't......