SB: 23

CS: 1

BB: 33

SO: 48

BA: .328

OBP: .387

SLG: .544

Varitek being named is a fucking Joke!

Young should be starting over Jeter, but barely. Both are having not so great years, but they are surprisingly better than the rest...if you can believe that.

I hav't checked Jeter's stats, I justa ssumed he's been getter than Mikes because Mike is really not hitting this year. But even if mike were a good bit better, I get the whole starting Jeter in for the last ASG in Yankee stadium. I just think of all the 4 Rangers going, Kinsler is most deserving of getting to start. Good average, good power numbers, 23 of 24 of stolen bases, etc.

Honestly though I'mm looking forward to Hamilton in the home run derby.

Yeah, how would players know which other guys they play against are good? :confused:

what i meant was they might not be checking the box scores or the league leaders when they vote on the all-stars. nothing against varitek, but he's hitting .217. him being on the team is more of a testament to how much aj pierzynski's peers hate him than how much of an all-star they think varitek is

what i meant was they might not be checking the box scores or the league leaders when they vote on the all-stars. nothing against varitek, but he's hitting .217. him being on the team is more of a testament to how much aj pierzynski's peers hate him than how much of an all-star they think varitek is

Could be true, or they could just realize that there's a lot more to being a catcher than just offense.

The only solution to this is take away the vote from the fans or make it meaningless and have sportswriters and managers vote. The voting has become a joke. It is a popularity contest but that is what it has become.

Could be true, or they could just realize that there's a lot more to being a catcher than just offense.

there's more to every position than just offense though and there aren't any .217 hitters at any other position. i'm not doubting how important he is to the red sox as a leader/battery-mate/defenseman but an all-star selection is generally a stat-based achievement

There's not much argument for a .217 catcher starting the all star game, no matter how well he controls his pitching staff- which in this case is made up of no one who really needs control.

Pedroia shouldn't be starting but at least he has made himself deserving enough to start it with this recent torrid streak. He's on fire. Francona only picked six players and four came from teams without representatives yet (Carlos Guillen, Joakim Soria, Justin Duchscherer, and someone else) and only really got to choose Dioner Navarro and Joe Nathan. As long as the AL has the firepower to win, I'm fine with whoever makes the damn team.

which in this case is made up of no one who really needs control.

Wow, that's so not true, dude. Lester is a young guy who had his share of struggles earlier this year, and many credit Varitek with keeping him straight. Matsuzaka has struggled throughout his tenure in the Majors, no matter what his numbers say this year. He also had Masterson for half of this season and the kid pitched great. Don't even get me started on the bullpen. Does he deserve to be an All-Star? I would say no. But it's not as far fetched as it might seem if you only look at the offensive numbers.

Wow, that's so not true, dude. Lester is a young guy who had his share of struggles earlier this year, and many credit Varitek with keeping him straight. Matsuzaka has struggled throughout his tenure in the Majors, no matter what his numbers say this year. He also had Masterson for half of this season and the kid pitched great. Don't even get me started on the bullpen. Does he deserve to be an All-Star? I would say no. But it's not as far fetched as it might seem if you only look at the offensive numbers.

I also think it's a nod to him because he just caught his fourth no-hitter this year. That's insane, and with four different pitchers to boot. Says a lot more about his ability than Nolan Ryan's personal catcher catching four of them. No offense to Ryan, just saying it's more difficult with different pitchers than the same and it says a lot about his skills. Varitek's the type of catcher that impresses everyone around him and this is the one free pass he's gotten. I honestly have no problem with this pick because it shows a lot of respect from his fellow players.

Yeah, how would players know which other guys they play against are good? :confused:

Take your fucking goggles off, moron. .218 with a .300 OBP and .358 SLG Is not worthy of an all star appearance and is a fucking joke.

Take your fucking goggles off, moron. .218 with a .300 OBP and .358 SLG Is not worthy of an all star appearance and is a fucking joke.

You should make a youtube video about it, homo. Then you should have a full-blown hissy fit when everybody makes fun of it. Then you should leave in a girlish huff.

ok i withdraw that part - still not an all star year.

You should make a youtube video about it, homo. Then you should have a full-blown hissy fit when everybody makes fun of it. Then you should leave in a girlish huff.

Maybe I will. Hey, I might even plug your name just for kicks. ;)

It's no use. He knows what a Mary you are, too. You're "The Guy Who Cried and Ran Away Like a Bitch When People Made Fun of His Youtube Videos". It's pretty much impossible to see you in any other light.

Too bad for you, it took youtube to show that. You on the other hand are and were always a little bitch.

So, are you ready to admit your catcher is a fucking fraud in the all star game? Or are you going tip toe around it by trying to piss me off???

> How does Pedroia start over Kinsler?

Pedroia's a mean defense while Kinsler's bit of a liability. A simple solution is to make Kinsler the DH.

The All star game has been a popularity contest since they gave the vote to the fans to try and draw more interest. It's especially bad now when I can go on line and vote 25 times.

PS As far as Jeter being on the team when he's having such an off year? 'Cause even when he's bad, he's good. <_<

> How does Pedroia start over Kinsler?

Pedroia's a mean defense while Kinsler's bit of a liability. A simple solution is to make Kinsler the DH.

The All star game has been a popularity contest since they gave the vote to the fans to try and draw more interest. It's especially bad now when I can go on line and vote 25 times.

PS As far as Jeter being on the team when he's having such an off year? 'Cause even when he's bad, he's good. <_<

I don't buy that, the ASG is a stat competition, like was said. Kinsler makes a lot of errors, but he's having an awesome year offensivley.