SportsWrath

Stop The Presses

Well, the man is royalty.

I still find his presence on your roster pretty funny though.

fact is, if you can pitch, use to be able to pitch, once knew somebody that pitched, or have an arm with a hand at the end, we'll find you a place on the pitching staff.

Who's the first 8?

Admin, Nemesis, Admin2, Plax 4 Prez, BronxRik, Motes, jranieli, and Killakyle.

And Admiral, it's a long season...but you definitely got two solid prizes there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not gonna lie, I'm surprised.

But I've seen a lot of Sidney Ponson as a Sox fan and I cant ell you he's not this good. Do you know if he "figured anything out" or something along those lines or is he just doing what he does. Ponson hasn't had a real impact in ages...and that 1 HR allowed won't stay up. But still, impressive so far.

When kids read the Rangers lineup, do they say "Sir Sidney Ponson"? Because they always say Mister and I think that if a baseball player is a knight or a doctor, it deserves to be recognized. Dr. Greg Maddux.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm surprised.

But I've seen a lot of Sidney Ponson as a Sox fan and I cant ell you he's not this good. Do you know if he "figured anything out" or something along those lines or is he just doing what he does. Ponson hasn't had a real impact in ages...and that 1 HR allowed won't stay up. But still, impressive so far.

I live in O's country and have watched a TON of O's games, I always liked Sydney and thought he could be one of the better pitchers out there. Now, he's only made a handful of starts so we'll see how this plays out.

To be honest, it seems like players on their last leg find something when they come here, I guess if you are a free agent and you end up in Texas, it's a wake up call that the good teams didn't want you. Mathews, Gange, Derosa (not sure if he really counts), Ponson, and more.

I hope Syndey is for real, like you said he's always had the stuff, hopefully he can keep it together.

sidney's always had talent. the only thing im surprised at is that he's kept it together this long, but the talent's always been there and before he got lazy and let things fall apart he put together some good seasons

sidney's always had talent. the only thing im surprised at is that he's kept it together this long, but the talent's always been there and before he got lazy and let things fall apart he put together some good seasons

I may be wrong but wasn't he a 20 game winner with Baltimore? Let me check that to be sure.

Edit: I was way off, not even close to a 20 game winner.

Edited by Virginia Giant

• 2 weeks later...
Ponson designated for assignment

Right-hander was 4-1 with a 3.88 ERA with the Rangers

By T.R. Sullivan / MLB.com

ARLINGTON -- The Rangers have designated veteran pitcher Sidney Ponson for assignment because of off-field issues that have arisen in the past few weeks.

General manager Jon Daniels said the problem that led to the decision was Ponson's lack of respect toward teammates and staff.

"Based on recent events, I don't think Sidney wants to be here or deserves to be here," Daniels said.

The move leaves the Rangers with a hole in their rotation. Daniels said it will be somebody from Triple-A Oklahoma, but there is no clear candidate. The possibilities include right-handers Luis Mendoza and Eric Hurley and left-hander Kason Gabbard.

:confused:

sidney was always a few life jackets short.

Oh I agree. Bottom line he must have been a huge cock to get kicked off a team thats pitching starved, especially since he has been maybe our best pitcher the last month and a half.

A.J. Mass on ESPN"s Out of the Box suggests:

Texas' Michael Young had X-rays on Friday which revealed a hairline fracture in his finger. He says he will be able to play on Saturday, but Ramon Vazquez started at shortstop for the Rangers on Friday. While Young says he dropped a weighted "kettle ball" on his hand during a conditioning session, could it be more than coincidence that the injury occurred the same day that the team designated pitcher Sidney Ponson for assignment for "disrespecting teammates and club personnel" and "unruly behavior?"

It's all conjecture but...who knows.