SportsWrath

Mitchell Report- Here are my Guesses

fringe

Besides the already known ones, we know no Red Sox will be named since Mitchell sits on the board. But they may throw Schilling in the fire because everyone hates him anyway.

Clemens

ARod

Tejada

Luis Gonzalez

Entire Team picture of '93 Phillies

Gagme

Dunne

Eric Byrnes

Cabrera

Pujols

I'll keep thinking on it. Feel free to add yours.

I can't see Clemens or Arod (though being able to call him "Aroid" would be awesome :TU: ). I just think those guys are smart enough and big enough to have their own guys. I don't think they'd go through some joker in the Mets' clubhouse or somebody like that. I think you're wrong about Mitchell's involvement and the Red Sox, though. At this point, I almost feel like he's feeling pressure to put someone, anyone from the Sox on the list if he can. I'm just hoping it's somebody like Gabe Kapler or Trot. Got a bad feeling about Lowell, though. God forbid Papi, Manny, or Beckett. I think I'd probably shoot myself.

Besides the already known ones, we know no Red Sox will be named since Mitchell sits on the board. But they may throw Schilling in the fire because everyone hates him anyway.

Clemens

ARod

Tejada

Luis Gonzalez

Entire Team picture of '93 Phillies

Gagme

Dunne

Eric Byrnes

Cabrera

Pujols

I'll keep thinking on it. Feel free to add yours.

im with you on everyone but cabrera (assuming you meant miguel).

burrell

giles brothers

burnitz

mo vaughn

greg vaughn

pettitte

valverde

kevin brown

randy johnson

larry walker

kerry wood

thome

cordero (the one who just signed)

shawn green

delgado

barry bonds

I can't see Clemens or Arod (though being able to call him "Aroid" would be awesome :TU: ). I just think those guys are smart enough and big enough to have their own guys. I don't think they'd go through some joker in the Mets' clubhouse or somebody like that. I think you're wrong about Mitchell's involvement and the Red Sox, though. At this point, I almost feel like he's feeling pressure to put someone, anyone from the Sox on the list if he can. I'm just hoping it's somebody like Gabe Kapler or Trot. Got a bad feeling about Lowell, though. God forbid Papi, Manny, or Beckett. I think I'd probably shoot myself.

Well, so far everything Canseco has said was true, and he implicated on A-Rod, so we'll see.

Awesome- Shawn Green, really? I guess he did have that one big HR year.

Well, so far everything Canseco has said was true, and he implicated on A-Rod, so we'll see.

Awesome- Shawn Green, really? I guess he did have that one big HR year.

right before he cashed in on it--though he did have a couple of them

Yeah, but if you read his quote on Arod carefully, he says he has "explosive information" on Arod (or something like that). He doesn't say anything about steroids. It could be that he had a mistress, or cheated on his taxes, or whatever.

I doubt Manny or Beckett. Maybe Nixon and Varitek. And I hate to say it, but I always kind of suspected Bernie.

mick i would think you are right regarding clemens and a-rod but clemens' name has already come up in the grimsley report (thoguh the names are blacked out, supposedly it is part of the mtichell report now), and though these guys have the means to have their own guys you can say that about many of these stars. relatively speaking most of them are poor compared to clemens and a-rod but they are still millionaires.

i don't think any big name red sox player other than schilling would be in the report--i do find it odd that schilling reportedly refused to speak to mitchell, despite the so-called clubhouse code--he's had no problems breaking that code before and now suddenly he doesn't? maybe im off base but that seems a little fishy.

and i am inclined to believe ortiz juiced. he absolutely came out of nowhere after being cut by the twins of all teams, had those heart issues, etc. but despite that i dont think he'll get outed, everyone loves the guy and i can't see anyone ratting him out if he is dirty. manny i would automatically assume except that he's been consistently ridiculous with the bat since he was young, so unless he started early i think he's clean. beckett? i mean if the guy didn't have so many injury problems plus that one year where you could argue that he was just adapting to the AL east hitters i would have expected him to have 4 great seasons in a row following the '03 world series. the injuries aren't steroid-type injuries (blisters and such right?), and it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that a big kid from texas is throwing gas at the major league level w/o cheating

mick i would think you are right regarding clemens and a-rod but clemens' name has already come up in the grimsley report (thoguh the names are blacked out, supposedly it is part of the mtichell report now), and though these guys have the means to have their own guys you can say that about many of these stars. relatively speaking most of them are poor compared to clemens and a-rod but they are still millionaires.

i don't think any big name red sox player other than schilling would be in the report--i do find it odd that schilling reportedly refused to speak to mitchell, despite the so-called clubhouse code--he's had no problems breaking that code before and now suddenly he doesn't? maybe im off base but that seems a little fishy.

and i am inclined to believe ortiz juiced. he absolutely came out of nowhere after being cut by the twins of all teams, had those heart issues, etc. but despite that i dont think he'll get outed, everyone loves the guy and i can't see anyone ratting him out if he is dirty. manny i would automatically assume except that he's been consistently ridiculous with the bat since he was young, so unless he started early i think he's clean. beckett? i mean if the guy didn't have so many injury problems plus that one year where you could argue that he was just adapting to the AL east hitters i would have expected him to have 4 great seasons in a row following the '03 world series. the injuries aren't steroid-type injuries (blisters and such right?), and it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that a big kid from texas is throwing gas at the major league level w/o cheating

My only reason for worrying about Beckett is that it seems like guys with injuries were using the stuff to recover, which makes sense (though it's still cheating), and he had some injuries. Ortiz would make sense, although he doesn't look like your typical steroid user. Schilling, I really don't think so. I think the only reason he was called to testify was because he was a player who was known beyond the realm of baseball, who often spoke his mind and may have been able, or willing, to shed some light. Yeah, he's an idiot, but I don't picture him a cheater.

it's gonna be a fun day. just think, if it weren't for balco and 2 jerks from the chronicle, none of this would have come out.

it's like christmas, i feel like such a nerd

"The sources would not reveal the names of players included in the report, but confirmed that as many as 80 are listed. One lawyer expected several "very, very high-level names" to be exposed, although Mitchell is frank in the report about how difficult it was to get information regarding the extent of player use." (espn)

very anti-climatic though, at least half these guys have had a public report on them prior to mitchell report. the only guys i was surprised about where not all-star caliber players. either they couldn't dig very deep cuz of the mlbpa and no subpoena, or they are just holding back the big players who who would shock everyone