SportsWrath

Observations and General Ranting

NightFire

Feel free to add your own.

1. Randle - Needs to be sit down. Is there another guy who is always at the wrong place at the wrong time? Seriously, it’s Washington time. Sure his TD was against backups but Randle is showing nothing.
  2. McAdoo - WTF? Did he take the playbook, cross off Gilbride’s name, and add his? Seriously if I see another 3rd and long run by Hillis or a 1st and goal corner fade I am going throw my remote at the TV. Maybe it’s Eli’s fault and he’s changing plays but I doubt he makes up schemes in the huddle that aren’t given to him. If he is then they need to reign that shit in because it’s ridiculous. Gilbride alluded that the opening question may actually be true and now watching halfway through the season I am thinking that answer is a resounding yes. So much for change.
  3. OBJ - This kid is a fucking baller. Makes the season actually worth watching because he clearly has skills. The video clip shown of him during pre-game warmups is incredible. Reminds me of the Hakeem Nicks draft video of him catching the card out the air. Speaking of Nicks; letting him go was a mistake.
  4. Ayers - Good hustle.
  5. Williams - I smell burnt toast. Is there a guy with worst hip movement than him? Seriously, he’s stiffer than a corpse.
  6. Defense - They were given a shit sandwich so I cannot blame those points on them. Played well until realised there was no way the offense was going to do anything.
  7. Will Hill - Seriously fuck you.
  8. Amukamara - FML. Why does god hate me so or is just my jersey that has cursed him?
  9. LBs - Would be nice if the Giants had any. We all saw the middle of the field stat, 139 QBR, and it is not pretty. Unfortunately, this isn’t going to get better anytime soon. I am sure that Reese has his eyes though on an injured LB to sign in the offseason.
  10. This team is cursed. That butt fumble that landed in Bradshaw's hands and that DRC pick that was actually a TD is all that is needed to know how the game went for the Giants.

The Knicks have two championships in there history, the Giants have 2 in the past 7 years. I love you D, but sometimes the hyperbole is a tad too much.

#nohomo

Not in terms of championships... in terms of buying and/or bringing in broken down free agents past their prime hoping they can plug holes... That is what I am referring too...

I was actually gonna make my own observation/rant thread but I might as well just add it here.

Every hole that I spotted in training camp and the preseason is still causing problems right now.

QB: Eli is Eli. For all intents and purposes, his stats (at least td-int ratio) are a lot better but the offense is still suffering the same issues it did under Gilbride. Unfortunately I don't see the issues getting fixed soon enough to get any more out of Eli's prime.

RBs: it's clear that without Jennings we don't have any kind of running game and any offense without a running game is doomed to fail. Clearly we are no exception. Williams (albeit not entirely his fault) has failed to produce and Hillis... I don't see him on the roster beyond this season. The lack of production from this unit has contributed heavily ti how stagnant our offense has been.

WRs: Counting on Randle to be the #1 is proving to be a horrible mistake. Aside from apparently never being on the same page with Eli, he is consistently unable to get separation and doesn't fight hard enough for the ball. Cruz... I'm not against paying deserving players, but I'm of the idea that once paid... players need to continue to prove that they're deserving of that money. Since he signed his contract before the 2013 season Cruz has only 1300 yards and 5 TDs. Hardly production worthy of a $46M contract. Parker has the potential to be a Welker-like WR but for some reason his mental mistakes have outweighed his potential. Beckham has been the lone bright spot in this group. I see a lot of very good aspects of his game, however teams have yet to focus on stopping him and I really need to see what he'll do versus double coverage or a DC that's primarily trying to take him out of the game. Washington is still an unknown and I would like to see him get playing time.

TEs: This group looked like a bunch of misfits... then it looked like we had a diamond in Donnell... and then the Cowboys game happened. Idk what to say about them. I lole seeing Eli getting the TEs involved but I still have a lot of uncertainty with these guys that make me miss Martellus Bennett.

OL: This group has been a huge disappointment but considering what we're working with I shouldn't have expected much. Beatty is inconsistent in pass blocking and just bad in the running game. Richburg has been decent for a rookie but now he may be done for the season (haven't seen any updates on his status as of yet). I never wanted Walton and although he's been borderline ok in pass protection, I CONSTANTLY see him in the backfield on running plays and that confirms my desire to upgrade that position. Jerry clearly isn't a starter and it shows a lot. Pugh has been alright (minus getting dominated by Philly) but mental mistakes still plague him at times... like drive killing penalties.

DL: It's sad that the only way we can generate pressure is by sending 6 and 7 ppl at the QB. Hankins and Ayers are the 2 bright spots on our once feared now farce DL. This unit needs a lot of youth and hunger added to it.

LBs: McClain has been a good addition... especially since Beason's injury put him out. Kennard is eventually gonna be a good LB but aside from that this unit is horrible. Williams is our "best cover lb" and yet he can't seem to cover a statue and it's time to put the Herzlich Fairy Tale to bed. He's a nice story, but he's nothing more than a Special Teams contributer.

DBs: This was supposed to be our strength on defense this year and one after another they've dropped like flies. Injuries have killed us here and there's. Luckily (I can't remember what McBride's injury was) most of the injuries have been upper body injuries so there won't be any loss of speed when these guys come back next season.

ST: Weatherford has been alright considering he's playing through an injury. Josh Brown has been great. Our return game is horrendous. There is absolutely no blocking whatsoever and whoever we put back there for KORs isn't smart enough to know when not to bring the ball out of the endzone.

Coaching: Fewell continues to work my nerves. A lot of people try to give him a pass this year due to all the injuries but his schemes are lackluster when we're at full strength. I can't and won't throw MacAdoo under the bus after only 8 games but he needs to do something to create a spark with this offense and get it going. Coughlin may end up being a victim in all of this nonsense. His record and rings speak for themselves but it seems as though the message has been falling on deaf ears recently. We've been doing everything that a Tom Coughlin coached team shouldn't do and that is a problem. We're continuing to fail at the little things and those failures have resulted in this latest lackluster start.

Front Office: I can't blame Reese for everything wrong with this team but there's no denying that he is responsible for failing to make the most out of statistically the greatest qb in NY Giants history. Through poor drafts, mismanaged free agents and horribly constructed contracts many opportunities to shine have been wasted and he needs and deserves to be held accountable for that. Sadly... if Reese is removed it will probably mean the end of the Eli Era and several years of meaningless Giants Football until the rebuilding process is completed.

End Rant.

A guy like JPP 3 years ago was creating havoc with the same basic defensive coordinator and line. He was the prototype and the next coming in the league, let alone the Giants, he got a pass last year for injuries, but in total since his one big year, he has been seriously underwhelming and doesn't warrant a resigning.

I'm not sure I understand why people are down on Hills. He's not great, but he's done very little wrong this year and last.

i'm not completely down on him. It's just that between him and Williams the running game hasn't done anything to help a struggling offense and I'm sure the organization would stick with Williams over Hillis if push came to shove.

Jason Pierre-Paul isn't the problem on the defensive line, not even close. Matter of fact he is playing the best football in his career right now.

Granted, I usually don't make it to the second half of a Giants game anymore but everytime I see him out there he looks good. Consistently draws the double-team, still gets a good push, and is a beast against the run.

I think without the sack numbers we can actually nab him on the cheap in the offseason.

1. Randle - Needs to be sit down. Is there another guy who is always at the wrong place at the wrong time? Seriously, it’s Washington time. Sure his TD was against backups but Randle is showing nothing.
  2. McAdoo - WTF? Did he take the playbook, cross off Gilbride’s name, and add his? Seriously if I see another 3rd and long run by Hillis or a 1st and goal corner fade I am going throw my remote at the TV. Maybe it’s Eli’s fault and he’s changing plays but I doubt he makes up schemes in the huddle that aren’t given to him. If he is then they need to reign that shit in because it’s ridiculous. Gilbride alluded that the opening question may actually be true and now watching halfway through the season I am thinking that answer is a resounding yes. So much for change.
  3. OBJ - This kid is a fucking baller. Makes the season actually worth watching because he clearly has skills. The video clip shown of him during pre-game warmups is incredible. Reminds me of the Hakeem Nicks draft video of him catching the card out the air. Speaking of Nicks; letting him go was a mistake.
  4. Ayers - Good hustle.
  5. Williams - I smell burnt toast. Is there a guy with worst hip movement than him? Seriously, he’s stiffer than a corpse.
  6. Defense - They were given a shit sandwich so I cannot blame those points on them. Played well until realised there was no way the offense was going to do anything.
  8. Amukamara - FML. Why does god hate me so or is just my jersey that has cursed him?
  9. LBs - Would be nice if the Giants had any. We all saw the middle of the field stat, 139 QBR, and it is not pretty. Unfortunately, this isn’t going to get better anytime soon. I am sure that Reese has his eyes though on an injured LB to sign in the offseason.
  10. This team is cursed. That butt fumble that landed in Bradshaw's hands and that DRC pick that was actually a TD is all that is needed to know how the game went for the Giants.

Agreed on all counts... my only reservation is we didn't let Nicks go.. he let himself go. If there's any regret, Dez Bryant (assuming Dallas let's anyone get a whiff of him) is a FA after this season... I want fire no more slouching.

I was actually gonna make my own observation/rant thread but I might as well just add it here.

Every hole that I spotted in training camp and the preseason is still causing problems right now.

QB: Eli is Eli. For all intents and purposes, his stats (at least td-int ratio) are a lot better but the offense is still suffering the same issues it did under Gilbride. Unfortunately I don't see the issues getting fixed soon enough to get any more out of Eli's prime.

RBs: it's clear that without Jennings we don't have any kind of running game and any offense without a running game is doomed to fail. Clearly we are no exception. Williams (albeit not entirely his fault) has failed to produce and Hillis... I don't see him on the roster beyond this season. The lack of production from this unit has contributed heavily ti how stagnant our offense has been.

WRs: Counting on Randle to be the #1 is proving to be a horrible mistake. Aside from apparently never being on the same page with Eli, he is consistently unable to get separation and doesn't fight hard enough for the ball. Cruz... I'm not against paying deserving players, but I'm of the idea that once paid... players need to continue to prove that they're deserving of that money. Since he signed his contract before the 2013 season Cruz has only 1300 yards and 5 TDs. Hardly production worthy of a $46M contract. Parker has the potential to be a Welker-like WR but for some reason his mental mistakes have outweighed his potential. Beckham has been the lone bright spot in this group. I see a lot of very good aspects of his game, however teams have yet to focus on stopping him and I really need to see what he'll do versus double coverage or a DC that's primarily trying to take him out of the game. Washington is still an unknown and I would like to see him get playing time.

TEs: This group looked like a bunch of misfits... then it looked like we had a diamond in Donnell... and then the Cowboys game happened. Idk what to say about them. I lole seeing Eli getting the TEs involved but I still have a lot of uncertainty with these guys that make me miss Martellus Bennett.

OL: This group has been a huge disappointment but considering what we're working with I shouldn't have expected much. Beatty is inconsistent in pass blocking and just bad in the running game. Richburg has been decent for a rookie but now he may be done for the season (haven't seen any updates on his status as of yet). I never wanted Walton and although he's been borderline ok in pass protection, I CONSTANTLY see him in the backfield on running plays and that confirms my desire to upgrade that position. Jerry clearly isn't a starter and it shows a lot. Pugh has been alright (minus getting dominated by Philly) but mental mistakes still plague him at times... like drive killing penalties.

DL: It's sad that the only way we can generate pressure is by sending 6 and 7 ppl at the QB. Hankins and Ayers are the 2 bright spots on our once feared now farce DL. This unit needs a lot of youth and hunger added to it.

LBs: McClain has been a good addition... especially since Beason's injury put him out. Kennard is eventually gonna be a good LB but aside from that this unit is horrible. Williams is our "best cover lb" and yet he can't seem to cover a statue and it's time to put the Herzlich Fairy Tale to bed. He's a nice story, but he's nothing more than a Special Teams contributer.

DBs: This was supposed to be our strength on defense this year and one after another they've dropped like flies. Injuries have killed us here and there's. Luckily (I can't remember what McBride's injury was) most of the injuries have been upper body injuries so there won't be any loss of speed when these guys come back next season.

ST: Weatherford has been alright considering he's playing through an injury. Josh Brown has been great. Our return game is horrendous. There is absolutely no blocking whatsoever and whoever we put back there for KORs isn't smart enough to know when not to bring the ball out of the endzone.

Coaching: Fewell continues to work my nerves. A lot of people try to give him a pass this year due to all the injuries but his schemes are lackluster when we're at full strength. I can't and won't throw MacAdoo under the bus after only 8 games but he needs to do something to create a spark with this offense and get it going. Coughlin may end up being a victim in all of this nonsense. His record and rings speak for themselves but it seems as though the message has been falling on deaf ears recently. We've been doing everything that a Tom Coughlin coached team shouldn't do and that is a problem. We're continuing to fail at the little things and those failures have resulted in this latest lackluster start.

Front Office: I can't blame Reese for everything wrong with this team but there's no denying that he is responsible for failing to make the most out of statistically the greatest qb in NY Giants history. Through poor drafts, mismanaged free agents and horribly constructed contracts many opportunities to shine have been wasted and he needs and deserves to be held accountable for that. Sadly... if Reese is removed it will probably mean the end of the Eli Era and several years of meaningless Giants Football until the rebuilding process is completed.

End Rant.

Great rant.... Personally I hope to see more of Ayers and Bromely and hopefully more of Moore on passing downs on the DL. I'm not one to blame a rookie RB.. he's shown a great deal so far and with a more consistent offensive line and experience, he can be very good.

I'm not sure I understand why people are down on Hills. He's not great, but he's done very little wrong this year and last.

I like Hillis a whole lot... he's been solid and got us positive yardage... I don't know why seems everyone here you and I are down on the guy.. sure he's not Barry Sanders... and it's not his fault our O think they can catch the opposing team by surprise by giving him the ball on 3rd and a mile.

A guy like JPP 3 years ago was creating havoc with the same basic defensive coordinator and line. He was the prototype and the next coming in the league, let alone the Giants, he got a pass last year for injuries, but in total since his one big year, he has been seriously underwhelming and doesn't warrant a resigning.

JPP is good but not great... he needs another good DE on the other side to take some of the pressure off him... when he's double teamed, it seems he gives up on plays... understandable but only to a point.

Agreed on all counts... my only reservation is we didn't let Nicks go.. he let himself go. If there's any regret, Dez Bryant (assuming Dallas let's anyone get a whiff of him) is a FA after this season... I want fire no more slouching.

For $3 million he was let go. That's not a ridiculous contract and the Giants could have easily matched. Just like Bradshaw both were shown the door. Bennet on the other hand received a large contract that the Giants weren't matching.

As for Hillis I have no problem with him, it's the asinine play-calling. If Wilson was still playing then sure try a 3rd and 8 run. Unless Moses shows up and parts the defense Hillis is never going to make that 1st down. As far as I am concerned that’s a fuck it let’s punt play; not exactly confidence inducing as a fan.

4. Ayers - Good hustle.

11. JaQuain Williams - watch this FB or TE turn a three-yard pass into a first down AGAIN! Time to move on to your career at Tire World, JaQuain...

I like Hillis a whole lot... he's been solid and got us positive yardage... I don't know why seems everyone here you and I are down on the guy.. sure he's not Barry Sanders... and it's not his fault our O think they can catch the opposing team by surprise by giving him the ball on 3rd and a mile.

Because HIllis is not athletic and wouldn't last a day on any other team's roster. If he was getting the ball instead of Williams, he would lose 5 yards every carry because it takes him 2 seconds to even move his feet. By that time, the defense is in the backfield. Sure, the guy can catch a 9 yard pass out of the backfield on occasion, but it's because he's the last guy anyone is going to bother covering, and it's useless, garbage yardage anyway, because it's 3rd and 18

I want Eli to walk in free agency. He's a very good QB with maybe 3-4 years left. The Giants will not win anything in 3-4 years. This team will be lucky to win another game this season. Get out before you waste any more time here.

Same goes to Coughlin.....every year you push a collection of morons to the limit of their ability. Every year Reese hands you a roster filled with underachievers and losers. Every year the best players land on IR. Get yourself a TV gig, have a fun time.

I'm now convinced this team is about to enter a black hole that will require a new GM to fix. Fair or not, the guy can't find players who can stay on the field and play at a high level.

2007 and 2011 were awesome seasons, and that's what I'll need to live on for the next 5-6 years.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you there. This team will not be where it needs to be any time soon...almost assuredly not in time to be on a par with Eli, who is having a great year, especially considering what he has to work with. I love seeing guys in sports play their whole career with one team, but it would be a shame to see Eli waste the last 4 or 5 years of his career on a team that is going nowhere.

The fan in me wants this to not be true, but the realist in me knows better.

Strange how Eli's career is almost Harry Carson's in reverse.

Oh for fuck's sake.. we're 3-5... and ...

Ok I got really exhausted trying to finish my thought.. you know.. we're going to win our next 3 and be 6-5 and had the image of Howard Dean... The # of injuries this year is astonishing... guys are falling like flies.. the last being the Mook... On paper this team was supposed to be good.. at least on D.. till you realize who our DC is...

Can you be too beat up to finish a rant? I am.

I want Eli to walk in free agency. He's a very good QB with maybe 3-4 years left. The Giants will not win anything in 3-4 years. This team will be lucky to win another game this season. Get out before you waste any more time here.

Same goes to Coughlin.....every year you push a collection of morons to the limit of their ability. Every year Reese hands you a roster filled with underachievers and losers. Every year the best players land on IR. Get yourself a TV gig, have a fun time.

I'm now convinced this team is about to enter a black hole that will require a new GM to fix. Fair or not, the guy can't find players who can stay on the field and play at a high level.

2007 and 2011 were awesome seasons, and that's what I'll need to live on for the next 5-6 years.

As a Giants fan I am seriously hoping that Coughlin makes a pastrami on rye with this shit sandwich but I don't feel very optimistic.

Fringe-S3x12-Outlook-not-so-good.jpg

It really doesn't take long to get back on track in this league. Look at the Colts. Remember when Peyton left and they basically gave everyone away, and still made the playoffs.

That said, Andrew Luck is the fucking man. The Colts are fucking set for the next 10 years.

Can we please STOP trying to be the Packers and get back to NYG football? Seriously, trying to make Eli play like discount double check isn't working and we don't have the other players to go with it either. Can't believe our first two plays in the Colts game were running plays, WTF?

Even the Colts DC said Eli isn't Rogers and the Giants aren't the Packers. I don't care if we lose games so much, but the lack of creativity anymore is complete shit IMO.