SportsWrath

22 years ago today....

RandolphScott

:clap:

The game that cemented my loyalty to the New York Football Giants. I was 15.

Why did you need a superbowl victory to "cement" your loyalty? Because you are a Bandwagoner...

All aboard...All aboard...

Had Elway led them to a fourth quarter victory you would be on the Bronco website today. :worshippy:

Unbelievable...especially considering how much you talk... :blah:

Why did you need a superbowl victory to "cement" your loyalty? Because you are a Bandwagoner...

All aboard...All aboard...

Had Elway led them to a fourth quarter victory you would be on the Bronco website today. :worshippy:

Unbelievable...especially considering how much you talk... :blah:

Yeah egg, answer the Admirals question. It can bring back the topic I brought up about you being the epitome of a bandwaggoner. :rolleyes:

CEMENTED, meaning finalizing what I already had. Read it again idiot, I was 15. Most kids start getting into sports, to the point where they make thier own decisions, around 10 or 11. Thats when I knew I was making the choice to be a Giant fan...ON MY OWN. It was the SB that CEMENTED that decision.

Dallas and Anaheim....LMAO!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah egg, answer the Admirals question. It can bring back the topic I brought up about you being the epitome of a bandwaggoner. :rolleyes:

CEMENTED, meaning finalizing what I already had. Read it again idiot, I was 15. Most kids start getting into sports, to the point where they make thier own decisions, around 10 or 11. Thats when I knew I was making the choice to be a Giant fan...ON MY OWN. It was the SB that CEMENTED that decision.

Dallas and Anaheim....LMAO!!! :rolleyes:

So, by your own admission, you were still on the fence until their QB had a record setting performance and they won their FIRST Superbowl.

You had all of this information about the Giants since you were 10 or 11, but you would not "CEMENT" yourself as Giants fan, or superfan, until they won the big game. At that point, AFTER THAT GAME, you made a decision ON YOUR OWN that it was time to CEMENT yourself on the bandwagon... :clap:

In 1983, the Giants were 3-12-1. Why not CEMENT yourself after that season?

In 1985, a year before the big season, the Giants were respectable. They lost in the playoffs to the eventual champion Bears 21-0. Why not CEMENT yourself than?

I know lots of Giants fans that CEMENTED themselves when the club was loosing. I think it's time to turn in the cape, "Superfan"! :bye:

So, by your own admission, you were still on the fence until their QB had a record setting performance and they won their FIRST Superbowl.

You had all of this information about the Giants since you were 10 or 11, but you would not "CEMENT" yourself as Giants fan, or superfan, until they won the big game. At that point, AFTER THAT GAME, you made a decision ON YOUR OWN that it was time to CEMENT yourself on the bandwagon... :clap:

In 1985, a year before the big season, the Giants were respectable. They lost in the playoffs to the eventual champion Bears 21-0. Why not CEMENT yourself than?

I know lots of Giants fans that CEMENTED themselves when the club was loosing. I think it's time to turn in the cape, "Superfan"! :bye:

Actully I dont know of many teenagers who had a sports team "cemented" as a fan. Unless you we're forced by your parents to like a certain team at a young age, I dont really see how anyone else would come to be a fan of a team.

Maybe your parents beat you into liking the Cowboys at an early age Egg, maybe you choose them when they we're winning playoff games or one of their SB runs or maybe you just choose them of your own accord.

In all honesty I was about 8 or 9 when I started watching football on my own accord, the only football my parents watched was the CFL and my dad is a Blue Bombers fan which he lead me into. I dont know why I choose the Giants, mainly because I liked watching them play and I just liked their name :P Anyways fast forward to know and I'm a die hard Giant's fan and love the team to death.

You can't really say what leads a fan to their team, sometime it's a family tradition to a fan of a team and their forced/brought up into it. Sometimes it's just watching a sport gradually like me and then choosing a team that you come to enjoy watching at a younger age. I mean how does a Canadian like me come to be a die hard fan of the N.Y. Giants and not a closer team like Minnesota? I don't know just how I came to watch the sport and found myself always drawn to the Giants.

But seriously to criticize someone for not choosing to be a Giants fan early in their life is beyond trolling and idiotic. I gotta then ask when did you become a fan of the Cowboys? Was it a family thing or after one of their SB runs?

:LMAO:

Im from NY, live in AZ. All my sports teams come from NY or AZ. It took me till that time to CEMENT my loyalty. But the loyalty was inevitable. ;) I certainly wasnt going to jump on a bandwagon like say, the cowboys or angels, so it was only a matter of time.

Oh no, it took a Superbowl win in 1986 to cement Bigblue's fandom. Gosh this sounds like the great Cowboys bandwagon jump in the 90's which claimed millions of fairweather fans all over the country, including some from New Jersey. :o

I was 1 and a half for the 86 superbowl but I remember exactly where I was watching the game and what I was doing for the 1990 superbowl. I was 5 or 6 at the time and remember it fairly clearly. The rest is history... my school journals for the next 2-3 years would be only giants pictures or entries about Giants football.... to the point where my teachers actually asked me to talk about "something else sometimes". It seemed to be a curse at many times being a Giants fan. I cursed myself for caring so much about a team who crushed me so many times including the 20+ point blown lead in SF in the playoffs but it made the superbowl win so amazingly sweet. Giants for life!

Oh no, it took a Superbowl win in 1986 to cement Bigblue's fandom. Gosh this sounds like the great Cowboys bandwagon jump in the 90's which claimed millions of fairweather fans all over the country, including some from New Jersey. :o

:clap::clap:

I was 1 and a half for the 86 superbowl but I remember exactly where I was watching the game and what I was doing for the 1990 superbowl. I was 5 or 6 at the time and remember it fairly clearly. The rest is history... my school journals for the next 2-3 years would be only giants pictures or entries about Giants football.... to the point where my teachers actually asked me to talk about "something else sometimes". It seemed to be a curse at many times being a Giants fan. I cursed myself for caring so much about a team who crushed me so many times including the 20+ point blown lead in SF in the playoffs but it made the superbowl win so amazingly sweet. Giants for life!

Only time I ever cried after a game. Fucking Shockey.

who cares when or why someone became a fan? this is one of the silliest arguments in sports. to argue about it like you're in a court of law and use terms like 'by your own admission' is sillier still.

agreed 100%...bigblue has always maintained that if you don't route for the team in your hometown, that makes you a bandwagon fan...the dog would guess that is why badegg is questioning Bigblue's timing for becoming a staunch giant fan following a super bowl win. the timing is a tad precarious...

wow...just wow...

agreed 100%...bigblue has always maintained that if you don't route for the team in your hometown, that makes you a bandwagon fan...the dog would guess that is why badegg is questioning Bigblue's timing for becoming a staunch giant fan following a super bowl win. the timing is a tad precarious...

Funny you come to badeggs defense. :rolleyes:

STFU ya douche. It was a little more than that. I didnt say you had to root for your hometown team. I said I dont understand how people have teams in different sports form all over the place. And I mentioned badeggs were a little more odd than usual, since they are bandwaggony teams and he's from jersey and they are not. And read again, I said cemented what was already inevitable.

who cares when or why someone became a fan? this is one of the silliest arguments in sports. to argue about it like you're in a court of law and use terms like 'by your own admission' is sillier still.

You know I got tons of respect for ya, but I do put stock into how and why someone became a fan of their team. But then again, I place sports and my sporting teams just below my children and family. :rolleyes:

I have no life. :cwy::P