SportsWrath

This is who

Lughead

I am going to lay down 3 names and 1 supplementary name that I feel we will sign .

everyone else do the same . kinda make a game out of it I guess.

1 Cato June

2 Dominic Rhodes

3 Brodrick Hood

4s Joey Porter

I don't know if we will sign more than that or not, I don't know if we could afford too.

Can't see it. It'll cost too much. Giants will look to spread the wealth now after taking care of O'hara. I don't think we can expect big splashes.

I agree, IMO Porter has never played outside a 3-4 base defense and bringing him into Spagnuolo's (sp?) defense (a base 4-3) doesn't seem likely unless you are just going to use him situationaly to rush the passer. He seems to want starters money so I don't think that is likely & personally I think he is getting a little old both in his game and his act.

I agree, IMO Porter has never played outside a 3-4 base defense and bringing him into Spagnuolo's (sp?) defense (a base 4-3) doesn't seem likely unless you are just going to use him situationaly to rush the passer. He seems to want starters money so I don't think that is likely & personally I think he is getting a little old both in his game and his act.

I have to disagree. Coverting J. Porter into a 4-3 LB won't be hard. Its easier to cover a 3-4 LB into a 4-3 LB. Plus, Joey is exactly what we need...A LB who can cover, pass rush and is a vocal leader. He knows how to win.... We need characters like him. He's a talker and backs up his shit. I'm sorry, but with his experience, abilities and leadership. I can't see use not talking a chance on him. Plus, he's only like 28 years old. He still has a good 3 to 4 years in him.

I have to disagree. Coverting J. Porter into a 4-3 LB won't be hard. Its easier to cover a 3-4 LB into a 4-3 LB. Plus, Joey is exactly what we need...A LB who can cover, pass rush and is a vocal leader. He knows how to win.... We need characters like him. He's a talker and backs up his shit. I'm sorry, but with his experience, abilities and leadership. I can't see use not talking a chance on him. Plus, he's only like 28 years old. He still has a good 3 to 4 years in him.

Nem, there's no doubt we could use him, but can we afford him, I don't think so, plus it will tie up cash we need to use in other areas.

I hope this franchise gets the idea this draft. Linebacker,linebacker, linebacker in the first round.

Nem, there's no doubt we could use him, but can we afford him, I don't think so, plus it will tie up cash we need to use in other areas.

I hope this franchise gets the idea this draft. Linebacker,linebacker, linebacker in the first round.

Boohyah...A week ago, we were willing to pay L. Briggs 10 mil a year and he doesn't have half the expirience or character Porter has... And you don't think we can afford to pay him 5 mil a year. C'mon...

We souldn't have signed O'Hara...Absolutely a hugh mistake. We should of reserved that money for Porter.

Boohyah...A week ago, we were willing to pay L. Briggs 10 mil a year and he doesn't have half the expirience or character Porter has... And you don't think we can afford to pay him 5 mil a year. C'mon...

We souldn't have signed O'Hara...Absolutely a hugh mistake. We should of reserved that money for Porter.

First off Nem, last week we were talking....talking about having enough money to sign both Clements or Samuel and Briggs. That was only if O'hara wasn't signed, and even if he didn't sign it was going to be extremely hard to sign 2 top free agents. Now realistically do you think we can do that, or do you realistically think that porter signs for 5 million??. Furthermore, you're not paying for Briggs for experience or character, you're paying for a guy who if Urlacher wasn't in Chicago, would be the defensive leader there, and can go lead a defensie in the league for the next 5-6 years. He very well could be as good as Porter by the time he's finished.

That aside, if the Giants could swing Porter, I'd gladly take him. I just seriously doubt this team will do that, we have no LT, need a backup tight end, back up running back, help in the secondary, a kicker possibly and we're talking about DT help. It's a lot of spaces to cover now.

By the way I have no problem with O' hara's signing. It's a lot of money, but having a solid center in this league is important to the QB and to the line.

However, this team needs to draft a linebacker in the 1st round IMO, they simply have to.

The Giants aren't signing anyone significant this year. We will cheap out 2007 signing other teams cast-offs and injured players. We will leave Coughlin basically with what we've got right now, go 3-13, and fire Coughlin at the end of '07. We will trade Eli to Arizona for multiple draft picks, go into '08 with a ton of cap room and draft picks, hire Belichick or Cowher, and then let the spending spree begin, starting with snagging Alex Smith away from San Fran. Gmen beat the Texans in Superbowl XLIII 42-17. With a winning team, we are quiet in 2009's free agency, but with the picks from Arizona we shore up our needs and repeat as superbowl champions in XLIV beating the Bengals 31-21. BTW, Superbowl XLII will be won by San Fran over the Jaguars 27-20 on a last minute INT by Nate Clements, proving an $80 mil contract will win you a superbowl.

By the way I have no problem with O' hara's signing. It's a lot of money, but having a solid center in this league is important to the QB and to the line.

The way things are going this year, it's starting to look like we got O'Hara cheap. All I can say is that it's a good thing we have our important players locked up for a while.

This might not sound glamorous, but the way things are going, we might be better off getting a mid-tier linebacker, and go into the draft. Maybe someone gets dropped to make room for a new contract that would be a worthy pick up. Use the cap space this year to clear some room next year by way of converting salary to bonuses this year, and make some splashes next year while everyone else is reeling from the hangover of this year's drunken orgy. We're already going to save a bundle next year on the cuts we've already made. Or is next year going to be yet another gigantic cap jump?

Bad news for Coughlin? Not necessarily--he strikes me as a coach that does better with young guys than vets who already know the ropes. And even if it is, so what? <_<

Seriously, how much do you want to spend for Dominic Rhodes, Davis, and Rod Hood? Only one is filling a definite need (Hood), and that not very well. We're assuming LT is a need without knowing one way or another if Whimper has progressed--and the Cardinals OLine excelled in what category again? He wants how much as a signing bonus? :LMAO: (Walter Jones must be shitting blood right about now) And how much are you willing to pay for a part-time running back that was good enough to lose carries to Addai?

As things stand now, our OLine is the same as it was for almost half of last season, we need a backup tight end, a backup running back, and backup offensive/defensive tackles. Yes, we lost a lot at the point that Pettigout went out, but that was mostly due to our absence of defensive linemen and the annual loss of 2 of our 3 starting linebackers. And our knack of finding new and unique ways to lose games.

I'm willing to see what Diehl does at left tackle for now--he was starting to "get it" at RT before we got McKenzie. With him in last year, the drop off in play at that position wasn't insurmountable. And with Seubert at LG, we aren't losing anything on the inside. Better still, maybe Whimper has progressed enough to start sooner rather than later. We don't know.

We are hurting for LBs, DBs and WRs. Then again, this team always seems to be hurting for WRs. With a new defensive scheme and young guys like Dockery, Underwood, and Butler, I'm not all that certain that we are hurting as much in the defensive backfield as it may seem. And I'm not willing to give up on Webster yet.

The only thing making this FA interesting is the amount of blood-letting being done with players that aren't able to play up to their contracts, and the teams willing to take the cap hit to let them go. That might be where we find the good deals.

heres the list of who we should get

RB Rhodes or Travis Henry

LT Jordan Black

CB Roderick Hood

DT Ian Scott

WLB Ike Reese

SLB Tully Banta Cain

maybe subtract one of these guys, and use our 1st round draft pick at that position. and get a kicker somewhere

good group of guys.... nobody that's going to run their mouth at the media.

The Giants aren't signing anyone significant this year. We will cheap out 2007 signing other teams cast-offs and injured players. We will leave Coughlin basically with what we've got right now, go 3-13, and fire Coughlin at the end of '07. We will trade Eli to Arizona for multiple draft picks, go into '08 with a ton of cap room and draft picks, hire Belichick or Cowher, and then let the spending spree begin, starting with snagging Alex Smith away from San Fran. Gmen beat the Texans in Superbowl XLIII 42-17. With a winning team, we are quiet in 2009's free agency, but with the picks from Arizona we shore up our needs and repeat as superbowl champions in XLIV beating the Bengals 31-21. BTW, Superbowl XLII will be won by San Fran over the Jaguars 27-20 on a last minute INT by Nate Clements, proving an $80 mil contract will win you a superbowl.

Step away from the icebox and put the beer down!

anyone else notice that we have a glaring need at LT and LB... i think that should be top priority. I mean, worst case scenario we have Brandon Jacobs starting at RB, with a draft pick or mediocore free agent sharing carries. We definately could use help at CB and DT too, but i'd get all over the LT and LB situation asap. if you have to leave anything to the draft, leave RB, CB and DT.