SportsWrath

Does anyone here thinks signing Damon was a big ....

NeMesiS

Does anyone here thinks signing Damon was a big mistake? I honestly don't like this signing. And not because he use to play for the Red Soxs. I honestly thought we were going to get younger and faster at the CF position.

just a thought.

it wasnt a mistake, it was a great move. The mistake would be having Bubba Crosby as the CF. Damon is a great lead off hitter, who can still run and is only 32. He's not old. They gave him 4 years and at the end of the 4 years he'll be 35(as his birthday is late int he year). He give us a top notch leadoff hitter a guy who can cover alot of ground in the outfield. And even if you say, but what about 2 years from now? Im not worried, the Yanks have an abundance of speedy, high ceiling outfielders in the minors right now, one of them will be ready to take the cf reigns by then. But I dont expect Damon to be done then either. It was a great signing, the got the best available player in for their need and they didnt give anything up for him except cash which the Yanks have plenty of.

You overpaid for his abilities but it was a good signing.

Assholes.

Maybe Damon can give some money to the girl in your signature so she can buy some food? :doh::clap:

I don't think Damon signing was a mistake, offcourse in hindsight it could be.

I don't know of any other young and fast CF on the market that can match Damon.

Age shouldn't be an issue with the New York Yankees, we aren't building for the future... That's why, I don't care if they trade Canu and Wang.

the yanks overpaid for him, but it was going to be very tough to get someone young and fast who could meet yankee-sized expectations, especially considering the yanks' prestigious CF history. the truth is he was probably the best option, and the mets werne't going to trade cameron to the yanks

Yanks did overpay him but it was a signing they had to make. CF was a real weak spot last season and to get a very good hitting one that can lead off is a nice pickup by the Yanks.

And you guys still have Melky afer Damon is gone (maybe).

Yanks did overpay him but it was a signing they had to make. CF was a real weak spot last season and to get a very good hitting one that can lead off is a nice pickup by the Yanks.

And you guys still have Melky afer Damon is gone (maybe).

Melky isnt the only outfield porspect the Yanks have, they are loaded with high ceilng prospects. Like I said, Damon is only 32 years old, since when is that old? he will be 35 when his contract is up, 35 is the usual age a player starts to get old and begins to decline. 32, 33 and 34 are still his prime years. prime years are 27-35 for baseball players who arent catchers.

Melky isnt the only outfield porspect the Yanks have, they are loaded with high ceilng prospects. Like I said, Damon is only 32 years old, since when is that old? he will be 35 when his contract is up, 35 is the usual age a player starts to get old and begins to decline. 32, 33 and 34 are still his prime years. prime years are 27-35 for baseball players who arent catchers.

It's not that he's old. But he's taken a beating over his years in Boston. He said it himself that his shoulder is getting worn out and being a leadoff hitter and CF isn't easy.

Does anyone here thinks signing Damon was a big mistake? I honestly don't like this signing. And not because he use to play for the Red Soxs. I honestly thought we were going to get younger and faster at the CF position.

just a thought.

I wanted youth, too, but we got him. I suppose he'll do thiis Melky Cabrera comes along.

I believe we did pay Damon but Melky and other prospect such as ....Kevin Howard and Kevin Reese are not ready for the big leagues yet. For example Melky struggled last year as he came from Double A to MLB. Plus Melky is young (22?) he needs another full year or 2 to devolep into a average player.