SportsWrath

Dude, what did Jones ever do to you?

NeMesiS

I felt really bad for Odell last night... he's not feeling Cleveland and all the time I thought he was part of the package that brought us Zeitler... but to find out we could have kept him and still got Zietler, it's really upsetting on so many levels... It would be great if we can get him back...

If we could get him for free...

It was definitely framed like both deals had to be done or no deals were getting done.

and that there was a bit of an act of faith between both parties... which hasn't been entirely explained, but reading between the lines I thought they delayed announcing the Beckham side of the deal so they'd have a chance to tell him personally.... and he was cloistered away in Europe.... so it was kind of funny to see his public reaction, to say that they should have told him face to face when he had been out of the country for weeks and weeks on end!

I really figured OBJ would be the very first of Eli's receivers to go on to have a significant career elsewhere. Everyone else either got hurt or just turned out to be a different player when it wasn't ol mediocre Eli tossing him the ball.

I was reading on Twitter someone saying clocking his routes hes probably closer to a 4.5 forty now. Which is a big difference from the 4.4ish he ran at the combine. Im wondering if injuries have hampered him as theyve piled up. Plus, hes not really a big bodied guy nor overly physical. He just can jump.

Basically what happened wa the Vernon trade was announced, a week or however long later the Beckham trade was announced, and then afterwards they were like this is all one trade now

That's the thing I've read that both trades were separate but on March 13th when the NFL trades were allowed to happen they were reported together by the league.

From everything I've read I firmly believe that the Vernon/Zeitler trade would of happened regardlesss of the OBJ trade.

Honestly I think without the Giants talking to the Browns about Zeitler the OBJ never would of happened either.

The Giants wanted to offload Vernon's cap and the Browns felt like Zeitler coming off an so so season wasn't worth them paying or keeping him in the long run.

OBJ is still going to have a stellar career no matter where he is - he is that damn good!

He just didnt expect to walk into a bigger dumpster fire than NY. Cleveland entered with so much promise - but if that bum Kitchens realises that the offense goes through Nick Chubb first - then itll be better for Mayfield and the Passing game. The OL isnt helping either.

That's the thing I've read that both trades were separate but on March 13th when the NFL trades were allowed to happen they were reported together by the league.

From everything I've read I firmly believe that the Vernon/Zeitler trade would of happened regardlesss of the OBJ trade.

Honestly I think without the Giants talking to the Browns about Zeitler the OBJ never would of happened either.

The Giants wanted to offload Vernon's cap and the Browns felt like Zeitler coming off an so so season wasn't worth them paying or keeping him in the long run.

Zeitler had a pretty good year last year (according to PFF, lol)… but they spent a high draft pick on a G last year too, Austin Corbett if I recall correctly... they thought he was going to be the shit... instead he is just shit.

They could really use Zietler now though, their oline sucks.

They could really use Zietler now though, their oline sucks.

Yeah go figure, the OBJ trade really wasnt the big impact for the Browns, it was Zeitler.

OBJ is still going to have a stellar career no matter where he is - he is that damn good!

He just didnt expect to walk into a bigger dumpster fire than NY. Cleveland entered with so much promise - but if that bum Kitchens realises that the offense goes through Nick Chubb first - then itll be better for Mayfield and the Passing game. The OL isnt helping either.

Yeah when I heard that the Browns promoted a positional coach to HC who has no previous experience leading a team, especially a team with such high expectations like the Browns, you knew it was going to be a dumpster fire.

I mean it's like MacAttack, the guy was nothing but a positional coach 90% of his career and a part time assistant OC for like two season before the Giants brought him here.

Why they ever thought he was HC material is beyond me.

OBJ's body isn't durable enough for a long career though... I do wish there's a way we can bring him back... he's just not happy there... and now we have Danny Dimes throwing the ball...