SportsWrath

Giants vs. Colts

CrazedDogs

Good game for Evan Engram. Just wish they didn't keep him in the same box for most of the season. Really need to put Engram in the slot and sending him downfield instead of talking about putting Engram in the slot and sending him downfield. His ability was wasted most of the season and needed to do more with the opportunities he did get.

So were currently 9th in the draft order.... the niners who we beat are only one game worse and they pick 3rd.... I know I know... one more game to go but that fucking win cost us.

I thought it was 7th?

So were currently 9th in the draft order.... the niners who we beat are only one game worse and they pick 3rd.... I know I know... one more game to go but that fucking win cost us.

i don’t think it makes much difference in this draft.

You never know though.

And the development of the team this season, continually trying to find better players, continually trying to learn to win, is worth more than the small chance of getting a better player in the draft.

Definitely not a fan of tanking for draft position.

You never know though.

And the development of the team this season, continually trying to find better players, continually trying to learn to win, is worth more than the small chance of getting a better player in the draft.

Definitely not a fan of tanking for draft position.

I agree- and players don’t tank, If management wants to tank they don’t play the player combination that has the best chance of winning. Players most often give their best.

Oh it does... it the difference of landing Bosa or that OT from Alabama vs some mediocre guy.

Who could turn into mediocre players in the NFL. There is no guarantee, just a better chance. I'd rather have better scouts, system and long term plan than relying on the chance of draft position.

Who could turn into mediocre players in the NFL. There is no guarantee, just a better chance. I'd rather have better scouts, system and long term plan than relying on the chance of draft position.

I want both.

The last 2 times we sucked good enough, we landed Eli ans Saqoun respectively.... everyone else in between has been mediocre for the most part.

OBJ?

Ofcourse - the incomparable Ereck Flowers!!!

OBJ for all his good is turning to be a head case... we complained about Eli's contract hamstringing us and I think the OBJ deal is too much when taking into account the drama he brings... shit am I the only one who noticed other guys are shining when OBJ is on the bench?

Even then... aside from OBJ... who else between 2005 and 2017?

Over the last two years, the #Giants have averaged 21.6 points per game with Odell Beckham in the lineup versus 14.8 points without OBJ.

Its borderline unprecedented for a skill-position player to have a near 7-point impact over a sizable sample size (14 missed games).

https://twitter.com/grahambarfield/status/1075448382716444673?s=21

Over the last two years, the #Giants have averaged 21.6 points per game with Odell Beckham in the lineup versus 14.8 points without OBJ.

Its borderline unprecedented for a skill-position player to have a near 7-point impact over a sizable sample size (14 missed games).

https://twitter.com/grahambarfield/status/1075448382716444673?s=21

But but but he's a head case.

Don't you know that?!?

Guy is practically ruining the team from the inside out.

But but but he's a head case.

Don't you know that?!?

Guy is practically ruining the team from the inside out.

You dont have to go to the other extreme... certainly you can make your case without being a dick head.

I don’t see many area of improvement over Spags. Maybe LBs but it’s a different alignment.
One area that got worse, which should bother real giants fans a great deal is red zone defense. We were Swiss cheese back there. toughness and heart to make a tough stop was absent. that's worrisome bc we have always been able to muster a goal line stand.

I dont see many area of improvement over Spags. Maybe LBs but its a different alignment.

One area that got worse, which should bother real giants fans a great deal is red zone defense. We were Swiss cheese back there. toughness and heart to make a tough stop was absent. that's worrisome bc we have always been able to muster a goal line stand.

Pretty sure they were statistically decent in the red zone. 8th or 9th, better than they were everywhere else.

Pretty sure they were statistically decent in the red zone. 8th or 9th, better than they were everywhere else.

they are 12th in red zone points allowed. Last year they were 19th BUT last year they gave up TD's in 54% of their chances.

This year? 55%

Also they were 31st in D last year and gave up 24 pts per game. This year? they are 22nd (still awful) and gve up 25 pts per game.

So they haven't gotten better, a few teams have gotten worse.