SportsWrath

Snacks missing mandatory mini camp

Storm

He hasnt said anything thats bothered me. Id just like to see everyone move on. Kinda like the guy you traded for Kawhi, DeRozen. Hes not saying anything bad, but he should move on

Yeah that's true, it would of been nice if OBJ just kinda put it all in the past.

I love me some DeRozen and he's still probably my favourite player in the NBA but you're right he has done nothing but talk about the trade sine the Raptors getting to the finals, like you said nothing bad, but still time to close the book.

Yeah honestly, I'm not following this story super closely but this smacks of "sports media needs something to talk about in June." The guy was asked what the biggest difference was between Cleveland and the Giants and he basically said he felt held back in NY, the new quarterback's arm is stronger, and he didn't love upper management and the NY media.

Breaking News: the entire team outside of Beckham has sucked the past three years, Eli's arm ain't what it used to be, most players don't like Dave Gettleman, and the NY media are notoriously difficult. I'm not really sure how this is controversial outside of Sports Media Land.

I just like that during the season Eli was missing wide open passes down the field, he doesn't have the same accuracy or dive he used to on those downfield plays and he owes OBJ at least two TDs I can think of by clearly overthrowing him last year.

The media was all over Eli "He's done/he's finished/OBJ deserves a better QB/the Giants need to move on" etc etc

So OBJ goes to a new team and says "Mayfield has a better arm" and the media labels the guy a nut case.

lol

It's not like he's actively out there talking about the Giants, he only brings them up when he's asked by a reporter etc.

And really I dont see anything wrong with anything he's said since being traded.

He's a much better fit with the Browns, he has a QB who has an accurate cannon for an arm, and he's surrounded by nothing but talent on the offence.

Meanwhile Barkley better be ready to rush 650+ times this year because there isnt going to be a passing game to speak of.

Really? WE have no WRs and TEs? Our OLine still sucks ass? I thought the passing game did better when ODB was on the sidelines anyway...

Really? WE have no WRs and TEs? Our OLine still sucks ass? I thought the passing game did better when ODB was on the sidelines anyway...

We scored more points but put up a goose egg against the Titans.

I don't think it was indicative of OBJ being on the field as much as just Shurmur just throwing everything in the playbook on the field since it was the last four games of a horrible season.

Here's one thing though everyone on the "OMG WE DID BETTER WITHOUT OBJ" wagon forget, Barkley had his worst performance in the last three games of the year, expect for that fluke game against the 'Skins where Sanchez was their starting QB lol

Something the Giants havent fixed and I don't see them fixing, there's no one to take away the attention away from Barkley.

But yes we have no WRs or TEs at the same level as OBJ.

We scored more points but put up a goose egg against the Titans.

I don't think it was indicative of OBJ being on the field as much as just Shurmur just throwing everything in the playbook on the field since it was the last four games of a horrible season.

Here's one thing though everyone on the "OMG WE DID BETTER WITHOUT OBJ" wagon forget, Barkley had his worst performance in the last three games of the year, expect for that fluke game against the 'Skins where Sanchez was their starting QB lol

Something the Giants havent fixed and I don't see them fixing, there's no one to take away the attention away from Barkley.

But yes we have no WRs or TEs at the same level as OBJ.

Got bullied that game. Titans were so much more physical. Really thought their D could have done something in the playoffs.

Got bullied that game. Titans were so much more physical. Really thought their D could have done something in the playoffs.

The Titans weren't that good, take away that breakout season by their RB, cant even think of his name and they are probably going 6-10.

The Titans weren't that good, take away that breakout season by their RB, cant even think of his name and they are probably going 6-10.

I didn't see much of them last year, only the game against the Giants.... that day at least, the Titans seemed like the team the Jaguars were supposed to be. Loaded top to bottom with physical motherfuckers.

I could see them playing well in 2019 provided Mariota takes a big leap forward.

Amari Cooper also wasnt essentially shut down for a quarter of the season a week after coming back healthy from a bruise. I may be wrong here (though I know Im not because Beckham spouted off on Twitter about being healthy and the coaches not letting him finish the season), but there was definitely some belief in the Giants camp that Beckham was, at the least, bordering on conduct detrimental to the team.

PS, for the record, during those 4 weeks he missed, I consistently mentioned how odd it was that Beckham played in a game after being injured but then was shut down 4 weeks for the same injury. *pats self on back

If the Giants can find a way to rush the passer, no one here is gonna miss Odell.

I mean all they have to do now is pass block, run block, pick up third downs, pass the ball down the field, stop the run game on defence, stop opponents TEs, not fall apart in the secondary, and then actually finish games in the fourth quarter and maybe they have a winning season.

And also wouldn't we be missing Vernon more on defence instead of Odell if rushing the passer is a concern?

I mean all they have to do now is pass block, run block, pick up third downs, pass the ball down the field, stop the run game on defence, stop opponents TEs, not fall apart in the secondary, and then actually finish games in the fourth quarter and maybe they have a winning season.

And also wouldn't we be missing Vernon more on defence instead of Odell if rushing the passer is a concern?

Yes they will have to play football.

Bettcher definitely has his work cut out for him. Losing Vernon, regardless of his insane contract will hurt during the games he would have actually played. They are going to have to get creative, and hope that end from the cardinals works out.

That is a bit of a stretch.

But if the Giants have no trouble scoring, then true, nobody will miss OBJ.

Football, more than any sport, almost never depends on one person... Sometimes having a mega star on your team hinders the progress of those around him... I'm not justifying or anything because the train has left the station... I know from a financial standpoint, the Giants are on their way to healthy financials.

Football, more than any sport, almost never depends on one person... Sometimes having a mega star on your team hinders the progress of those around him... I'm not justifying or anything because the train has left the station... I know from a financial standpoint, the Giants are on their way to healthy financials.

And we all give 2 poops about that as we get a $15 beer at the concession stand,

The idea of being 100 million under the cap in Jones's first year playing gets me excited. Besides I really don't drink that much anyway. Nor do I usually make it to more then one game year. Beer is cheap at the corner store. Plus I got the 52 inch TV for this season.,

Hopefully there are some really good linemen on both sides in FA next year. Get a great pass rusher, and a piece or two, plus some depth for the O-line. By then the new guys in the secondary should be playing (crossing fingers) lights out.

Lets face it, money hasnt held them back- its been poor decision making and a little bad luck. If the QB is good, then it all will gel. If hes not, all the cap space in the world wont kelp.

Lets face it, money hasnt held them back- its been poor decision making and a little bad luck. If the QB is good, then it all will gel. If hes not, all the cap space in the world wont kelp.

I think money, or the lack of properly managing it has held them back a lot. Heck between Odell, Eli, and Vernon way to much cap space was swallowed up.

Now it wouldnt have been that bad if Reece knew what he was doing while drafting linemen, but still picking up talent in FA is hard to do when 3 guys are sucking up half the cap space.

I think money, or the lack of properly managing it has held them back a lot. Heck between Odell, Eli, and Vernon way to much cap space was swallowed up.

Now it wouldnt have been that bad if Reece knew what he was doing while drafting linemen, but still picking up talent in FA is hard to do when 3 guys are sucking up half the cap space.

Last year Eli ate up 12.5% of the cap, Vernon 9.5% and OBJ just 3% of the cap, so roughly 25% of the cap went to those three guys.

Now let's look at a team like the Patriots, obviously they have so many players earning pennies since they are all BLUE COLLAR LUNCH BOX PLAYERS!

Tom Brady at 12.2% of the cap, Devin McCorty at 6.7% of the cap and Rob "I aint no dummy" Gronkowski at 6% of the cap.

So their top three guys accounting for just under 25% of the cap.

Holy moly, I wonder how they did it.