SportsWrath

Ereck Flowers

Sephiroth

Finally realize Tree may be on to something and Solari is really a guy who inherited great offensive tackles and hasn't really developed any

Yep... I too have been blaming coaching... it's very easy to see the drop in quality play since the change...

Its hard to fathom how Fluker was a first round pick. He's strong as hell, but the man can't move sideways.

Put the fucker at FB a few plays... have him just bowl forward... just make sure our center and guard step to the side a bit...

To be fair all it took was a few years of keeping the same Oline together and an upgrade of McKenzie and the Gints had the best Oline in football for multiple years.

I dont think you can really find examples where a team went out in FA and built a dominate Oline, they need seasons together to gel and learn what works.

Maybe that's why you dont see any NFL team for that matter blowing up their Oline every year even when horribly under performing, it's one of the few positions on the field where you cant just give up after a few seasons.

Correct.. besides it's not like there was someone worth a damn available at the right price and the Giants didn't go after him... at least as I recall.

To be fair all it took was a few years of keeping the same Oline together and an upgrade of McKenzie and the Gints had the best Oline in football for multiple years.

I dont think you can really find examples where a team went out in FA and built a dominate Oline, they need seasons together to gel and learn what works.

Maybe that's why you dont see any NFL team for that matter blowing up their Oline every year even when horribly under performing, it's one of the few positions on the field where you cant just give up after a few seasons.

I think all this team needs is a MacKenzie-esque signing and we could do the same again. Imagine this:

We trade for Joe Thomas... LT is upgraded.

Flowers then moves to RT... upgraded.

Jerry, Fluker, and Hart all compete at RG.

Richburg and Pugh stay put.

Suddenly, we have an above average OL instead of a below average one, at least on paper.

I think all this team needs is a MacKenzie-esque signing and we could do the same again. Imagine this:

We trade for Joe Thomas... LT is upgraded.

Flowers then moves to RT... upgraded.

Jerry, Fluker, and Hart all compete at RG.

Richburg and Pugh stay put.

Suddenly, we have an above average OL instead of a below average one, at least on paper.

I'm not sure Flowers at RT is automatically an upgrade... if he sucks on the left, where he has played, he will suck on the other side where he hasn't... besides at what cost was Thomas going to come in? At what point does the price becomes so steep, you risk being the raiders or the browns for a long time?

I'm not necessarily saying we should go after Thomas, just that with one move we could have more or less shored up the line. Fixing LT could give us 4 out of 5 guys that are average or better in that unit.

It was a weak LT draft and free agent class though, so I understand us sitting on our hands a bit.