SportsWrath

Why Josh Normand and Landen Collins are idiots:

Nas

1. The Giants passed on re-signing safety Landon Collins, who landed a six-year, $84 million contract with the Redskins.

2. The Giants selected Duke QB Daniel Jones with the No. 6 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, passing on Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins, who was selected by the Redskins with the No. 15 pick. “Honestly, I thought the Giants were going to take him,” Landon Collins told NJ Advance Media. “It slipped into our hands. I was like, ‘Wow, we got the best quarterback. We stole the best quarterback in the draft. Awesome.’”

3. Norman signed a five-year, $75 million contract with the Redskins in 2016. That came after Gettleman, who was general manager of the Carolina Panthers at the time, used the franchise tag on Norman, and then rescinded it, making the cornerback a free agent. According to reports at the time, screwing up the Norman deal for Carolina was one of the main reasons why the Panthers fired Gettleman.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/05/redskins-josh-norman-throws-shade-at-giants-dave-gettleman-hes-winning-for-us.html

LOL! Carolina was such a toxic place back then, the owner was up to all kinds of shenanigans, the least of which was he had certain pet players and through them sowed discontent among the team towards his own front office. It's crazy that somebody so successful could be so mind numbingly stupid, Richardson literally undermined his own GM, and then fired him in part due to that discontent, as well as other decisions to move on from the 'pet' players (including Norman, who apparently still has a chip on his shoulder about it). Across the board I thought Gettleman made very sound football decisions in Carolina, ownership be damned.