SportsWrath

Top Contenders for '12 Superbowl

Cowboyz

Super Bowl XLV is ancient history, and odds makers are already looking ahead to the next Super Bowl in 2012 (or whenever the next football season is held).

So who do we think has the best shot to hoist the Lombardi Trophy next?

1.Green Bay Packers - The defending champions should only be better next year when their starting running back, tight end, right tackle, and linebacker return to the lineup. Green Bay was dominant down the stretch this year, but we ain't seen nothing yet.

2.New England Patriots - Tom Brady and the Patriots were shocked by the New York Jets in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, but the league's MVP will lead the Patriots back to the playoffs next year. New England's young defense only got better as the year went on, and armed with three draft picks in the top 33, the Patriots should be able to shore up problem areas.

3.Pittsburgh Steelers - If not for a couple uncharacteristic Ben Roethlisberger interceptions, the Steelers might be celebrating their third Super Bowl title in six years. The pillars of their franchise aren't going anywhere, so Pittsburgh will be a threat again.

4.New York Jets - New York expended all its energy in upending the Patriots, but it's clear that Rex Ryan's squad will be a contender for years to come. The Jets have some difficult personnel decisions to make, but Mark Sanchez is on the path to stardom. The loud-mouthed Jets won't be able to play the "world is against us" card again next year.

5.Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore was unable to beat its main adversary in the playoffs, but the rest of the 2010 season must be considered a major success. The defense was strong as always, and the Ravens, though inconsistent, have plenty of talent on offense.

6.Dallas Cowboys - Nothing went right for Dallas in 2010, but there still might not be a more talented team in the league than the Cowboys. Without the pressure of a Super Bowl in their stadium, and with a competent coach in place, Dallas might be able to get its act together and be the surprise team of 2011.

7.Philadelphia Eagles - After relinquishing Donovan McNabb, no one expected much out of the Eagles last season. Of course, no one knew that Michael Vick would snatch the starting quarterback job and play at an MVP level. Philadelphia has plenty of speed on offense, and with a few upgrades on the other side of the ball, Philly will be tough to beat.

8.New Orleans Saints - The Saints were upset by the Seattle Seahawks in the first round of the playoffs, but during the second half of the regular season there wasn't a better team in football than New Orleans. Injuries killed the Saints in 2010, but a return to health and a renewed hunger next season should have New Orleans in the title mix.

9.Atlanta Falcons - Atlanta was crushed in the Divisional Round by the eventual Super Bowl Champions, but they were the most fundamentally sound team in football in 2010. Nothing about the Falcons is sexy, but they have plenty of good, young players, and should only get better.

10.St. Louis Rams - The Rams almost won the pitiful NFC West in 2010, and with the additions of a few veteran receivers, of which there will be plenty available, the Rams are ready to take the next step. Another year of maturity for Sam Bradford will only help, and the defense could join the ranks of the NFL's elite.

Apologies to: Indianapolis, San Diego, and Chicago My link

i think a decline in indy is on the way, but they're still a contender as long as peyt has two feet to stand on.

the bucs and chargers also should be well above stl in any consideration

other than that, not a bad prediction

Do you honestly think that a disrupted start to the season and a new coach who can't even talk to his players yet, let alone install his system, bodes well for the Boys prospects? You have to expect some time will be need for adjustment.

Do you honestly think that a disrupted start to the season and a new coach who can't even talk to his players yet, let alone install his system, bodes well for the Boys prospects? You have to expect some time will be need for adjustment.

I think the disrupted offseason (season will start on time) will affect every team. I have a lot of respect for Rob, so I think he'll come in and get the defense rocking by maybe week 4. He's promising non-stop pressure, and i'm more excited about that than worried about the delayed camp.

My biggest worry is the o-line. Smith is expected to play LT, but considering the off-season I just don't see it happening soon.

what I expect is more team discipline, more offensive balance, a lot more pressure on defense, and some semblance of an offensive line that hopefully doesn't involve alex barron. if all that is met, we are playoff bound.

Honestly, I think the Cowboys can make a run at it. I'm sure Romo is dying to get back to football, and he's at the point of his career where I'm sure he realizes the window won't be open forever.

They upgraded their coaching staff after they fired The Skipper and replaced him with a Jason Garrett.

The still have some holes, but most teams do.

I think the disrupted offseason (season will start on time) will affect every team. I have a lot of respect for Rob, so I think he'll come in and get the defense rocking by maybe week 4. He's promising non-stop pressure, and i'm more excited about that than worried about the delayed camp.

My biggest worry is the o-line. Smith is expected to play LT, but considering the off-season I just don't see it happening soon.

what I expect is more team discipline, more offensive balance, a lot more pressure on defense, and some semblance of an offensive line that hopefully doesn't involve alex barron. if all that is met, we are playoff bound.

Of course it will affect everyone, but the teams with new coaches and new systems to install are really gonna be behind the 8 ball. I assume Garrett's O won't change much though (no idea who your new OC is). Will he still call the plays? Your D will take time to settle in though, no matter how good the coach.

Of course it will affect everyone, but the teams with new coaches and new systems to install are really gonna be behind the 8 ball.

naturally, which is why i'm saying they'll be rocking by week 4. i expect at least 3 preseason games.

yes garrett will have basically the same system and still call the plays.

and i am expecting some bad defensive play out of the gate

still too early to be putting the rams in the top 10 even though they're going in the right direction

that's cute how he cares more about being right on a bold prediction than being objective though

You have much more faith in Rob Ryan then I would.

You have much more faith in Rob Ryan then I would.

one could easily say the same about fewell, despite having a full year

do you have faith in perry's tampa 2?

just look at every above avg qb that faced it and the net results

Rob will bring pressure, and this is a league predicated on qb pressure

I like it more with Prince on board. Hope he lives up to the hype. Not sure if he'll persist with the 3 Safety package though, I don't know who'll step up to play SAM. Where does Ingram normally play?

Rob can plan to bring all the pressure he wants. But you gotta have the players able to bring the pressure. Other than Ware, your D is garbage.

Rob can plan to bring all the pressure he wants. But you gotta have the players able to bring the pressure. Other than Ware, your D is garbage.

your request for a football related discussion is denied

your request for a football related discussion is denied

I have a feeling Spencer blows up under Ryan, I hope not. I see him fitting what Ryan likes to do. I had Dallas Taking Aldon Smith, if he still there in the draft. Spencer's in a contract year, and I think he plays for that big payday whether it be Dallas or somewhere else, he has the talent he just needs to show some more passion.

I have a feeling Spencer blows up under Ryan, I hope not. I see him fitting what Ryan likes to do. I had Dallas Taking Aldon Smith, if he still there in the draft. Spencer's in a contract year, and I think he plays for that big payday whether it be Dallas or somewhere else, he has the talent he just needs to show some more passion.

spencer is definately one i expect to thrive under rob

I would emphatically say yes. Fewell showed more in Buffalo then Rob has shown while bouncing around from team to team. Fewell was a coach also which showed much more promise.

I would emphatically say yes. Fewell showed more in Buffalo then Rob has shown while bouncing around from team to team. Fewell was a coach also which showed much more promise.

Im talking about nyg perry not buffalo perry. In buff he had more players who fit his scheme

How has that worked out in nyc? What team did you beat last year that inspired this confidence in perry?

Whats the win/loss on teams you beat last year?

You beat the weak

Im talking about nyg perry not buffalo perry. In buff he had more players who fit his scheme

How has that worked out in nyc? What team did you beat last year that inspired this confidence in perry?

Whats the win/loss on teams you beat last year?

You beat the weak

And Rob Ryan's illustrious previous history makes you confident how? The Giants O beat themselves with bad Eli turnovers and fumbles. Also the Giants D was top 10 in Total YPG, Passing YPG and Rushing YPG. Damned good for a new D coordinator. If the Giants had a shot at Perry or Rob it's not even a discussion.

And Rob Ryan's illustrious previous history makes you confident how? The Giants O beat themselves with bad Eli turnovers and fumbles. Also the Giants D was top 10 in Total YPG, Passing YPG and Rushing YPG. Damned good for a new D coordinator. If the Giants had a shot at Perry or Rob it's not even a discussion.

rob hasn't been in the nfl long, but he has significantly improved the defenses he has coached.

ypg, ypg, ypg. so you're sign of a good coordinator is one who is top ten in yards allowed, but 16th in scoring defense (rob's defense was 9th btw)

and this vs meager competition. how did perry do vs winning teams? million dollar question.

1-4 vs winners. 9-2 vs losers. combined record of teams beaten by the gints 52-86. and that includes an 11-5 chicago team that was still learning a new offense.

rob hasn't been in the nfl long, but he has significantly improved the defenses he has coached.

ypg, ypg, ypg. so you're sign of a good coordinator is one who is top ten in yards allowed, but 16th in scoring defense (rob's defense was 9th btw)

and this vs meager competition. how did perry do vs winning teams? million dollar question.

1-4 vs winners. 9-2 vs losers. combined record of teams beaten by the gints 52-86. and that includes an 11-5 chicago team that was still learning a new offense.

If you call 12 years a short time then I guess he'll have another 12 years before his potential is realised. I am sure the Cowboys can wait. Also blaming the D for the Giants record is asinine. It's a team sport and the O let the team down far more than the D. Total YPG, Passing YPG and Rushing YPG are considered the measurements of a good defense.

If you call 12 years a short time then I guess he'll have another 12 years before his potential is realised. I am sure the Cowboys can wait. Also blaming the D for the Giants record is asinine. It's a team sport and the O let the team down far more than the D. Total YPG, Passing YPG and Rushing YPG are considered the measurements of a good defense.

12 yrs isn't a long time to be in the nfl, and as i've stated, he has been a good coach, and a respected coach around the nfl.

Let's see, in the games the giants lost, they were outscored 210 to 109. That's 6 games. Your defense gave up an average of 35 points in its 6 losses, and you don't think they deserve blame?

perhaps perry shares your philosophy on ypg, maybe his job hinges on making top ten in yards allowed instead of wins.

:rolleyes: