SportsWrath

Reese....

Bigblue25

Seeing as Eli has at least 7 more years if he takes a step forward, I think those guys can help the Giants become a contender again.

Really? I wouldn't be surprised to see Eli retire at the end of his contract. Within 3-5 years, at the most.

Eli is what, 33? I don't see him playing til 40. I tend to agree with the 3-5 year sentiment. Still, Richburg and Pugh, coupled with another draft pick or two, could have Eli going for one more ring at 35 or 36.

That is, if he isn't killed this year....what I'm reading on our offensive line looks less than promising.

One year to early I'm afraid.

But I would say Pugh and Richburg are a strong start to a good Oline in future years, probably past the Eli era.

We'll see. Pugh had an up-and-down rookie season and Richburg hasn't started a game yet... and honestly, Pugh isn't McKenzie. In fact, for all the talk of Pugh moving to guard, he got overpowered quite a bit at RT... he's not really built to hold up against 350-lb DTs (again... yet... he can still build up his frame).

I'd feel much better if we had someone not Will Beatty blocking Eli's blind side, too. For the life of me, I have no idea why we didn't go after Eric Winston in the offseason. If nothing else the guy provides solid depth at tackle, freeing Pugh to back up/compete with Beatty if needs be.

So far, Schwarz looks bad, Mosely looks pretty bad, and Beatty looks bad. So instead of 4 question marks on the OL, we only have three. :/

We'll see. Pugh had an up-and-down rookie season and Richburg hasn't started a game yet... and honestly, Pugh isn't McKenzie. In fact, for all the talk of Pugh moving to guard, he got overpowered quite a bit at RT... he's not really built to hold up against 350-lb DTs (again... yet... he can still build up his frame).

I'd feel much better if we had someone not Will Beatty blocking Eli's blind side, too. For the life of me, I have no idea why we didn't go after Eric Winston in the offseason. If nothing else the guy provides solid depth at tackle, freeing Pugh to back up/compete with Beatty if needs be.

So far, Schwarz looks bad, Mosely looks pretty bad, and Beatty looks bad. So instead of 4 question marks on the OL, we only have three. :/

well, he just got cut by the seahawks.

well, he just got cut by the seahawks.

I saw. He supposedly had a pretty good preseason too.

Rumor has it being president of the NFLPA he stuck his nose into whatever controversy happened over there with contact practices and that's why he was cut. Didn't hear that on NFL.com or anything just through the grapevine and whatnot, so take what you want out of it.