SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

The Mets have options...rebuild..or sign machado, Harper and any other free agents they can in the off-season.

Move Ahmed to third or second.

Nimmo cf

Machado ss

Harper lf/rf

Conforto lf/rf

If he ever plays cespedes

Bruce 1b

Ahmed 3b/2b

They guy that cried 3b/2b

Pitcher

That's a pretty good line up

With your rotation in tact...id throw lugo into the fifth slot with gsellman in the bullpen.

Then you need to put together a bullpen which isn't that hard

The Mets have options...rebuild..or sign machado, Harper and any other free agents they can in the off-season.

Move Ahmed to third or second.

Nimmo cf

Machado ss

Harper lf/rf

Conforto lf/rf

If he ever plays cespedes

Bruce 1b

Ahmed 3b/2b

They guy that cried 3b/2b

Pitcher

That's a pretty good line up

With your rotation in tact...id throw lugo into the fifth slot with gsellman in the bullpen.

Then you need to put together a bullpen which isn't that hard

The Wilpons will never spend that type of money to get both Harper and Machado.

It is a sin what they are doing to DeGrom... that dude was lights out pitching last night, the official scorer had it as 2 earned runs but both came after bonehead errors that would have ended innings. Just score a couple of runs and the guy has 9 or 10 wins at this point.

Last night the Mets scored some runs... it was actually not horrible to watch.

Sanchez, loaisiga and Drury for Wheeler... He would walk in and be your number 2 starter and probably take you to the Series

no, wheeler isn't worth that package...a stud catcher under 25 with control until 2022...a 22 year old pitcher with 2-3 potential and a major league ready 25 year old with control and all star potential.

Dwgrom is worth that package not wheeler...however, I'd deal drury and loaisiga for wheeler

no, wheeler isn't worth that package...a stud catcher under 25 with control until 2022...a 22 year old pitcher with 2-3 potential and a major league ready 25 year old with control and all star potential.

Dwgrom is worth that package not wheeler...however, I'd deal drury and loaisiga for wheeler

Your stud catcher who can't catch a ball in the dirt and is batting .188 this year and has been on the DL several times, a mid-rotation pitcher and an infielder who can hit around .250. Does not sound like a lot to give up for a guy that could get you over the Red Sox in the playoffs, and sure as shit is not enough for one of the best 5 pitchers in all of baseball.

Your stud catcher who can't catch a ball in the dirt and is batting .188 this year and has been on the DL several times, a mid-rotation pitcher and an infielder who can hit around .250. Does not sound like a lot to give up for a guy that could get you over the Red Sox in the playoffs, and sure as shit is not enough for one of the best 5 pitchers in all of baseball.

don't forget he didn't hustle down the line on a grounder which caused the yanks a game.

He's young and still maturing...he will be the best player on the mets if they were to acquire him...position player. And he's only 24.

This year has been an anomaly, he hasn't been healthy but still leads all catchers in home runs...even with all the time on the dl

The Mets are terrible.

And Sanchez is an AL player if I ever saw one.

a better player than the awful national league players? I don't understand how anyone can like nl baseball. It's so bad. Basically a 23 out game. Might as well only play 7 innings in the nl.

a better player than the awful national league players? I don't understand how anyone can like nl baseball. It's so bad. Basically a 23 out game. Might as well only play 7 innings in the nl.

I look forward to the next yanks/Sox series where it takes 5 hours to finish 4 innings!

The AL should just have 8 dudes bat... why should one guy only hit? Is this beer league softball?

The AL should just have 8 dudes bat... why should one guy only hit? Is this beer league softball?

because pitchers can't hit....obviously by their average 150 ops.

It's so fucking stupid

...youre asking a guy to do something once every five days...why not have the pitchers pitch every day....or be like ohtani? see how that worked out. They can't do both.

The thing i find interesting is that pitchers were usually the best players on the team in both hitting and pitching growing up.

kids weren't throwing 100+ pitches and they played like 20 games a year.

But you're right, the best athletes were great at both..but then again, they were good at everything. We didn't play much sports in Manhattan..not unless you were a basketball player..Manhattan prep school basketball was king when I was a kid..but the kids who were good at handball, were good at baseball anb basketball too

How did the disgraceful 25-4 drubbing from the Nationals not even get a mention here... That is a sad sad sad fucking thing as a Mets fan. In the 8th inning when Jose Reyes is up pitching and they are just teeing off on him, someone should have gotten a ball thrown at their head and benches should have cleared. Instead the fucking Mets sat there laughing at themselves.

I cannot believe the team did not deal our Wheeler to someone for a couple of prospects who could potentially hit a baseball, there had to be some interest in him, guy has been pitching really well despite a history of injuries.

How did the disgraceful 25-4 drubbing from the Nationals not even get a mention here... That is a sad sad sad fucking thing as a Mets fan. In the 8th inning when Jose Reyes is up pitching and they are just teeing off on him, someone should have gotten a ball thrown at their head and benches should have cleared. Instead the fucking Mets sat there laughing at themselves.

I cannot believe the team did not deal our Wheeler to someone for a couple of prospects who could potentially hit a baseball, there had to be some interest in him, guy has been pitching really well despite a history of injuries.

Yeah it looks like they've decided to build around the pitching. Not a bad plan considering their ballpark.