SportsWrath

This game determines the rest of the season.

Sephiroth

So I think we can all agree that the playoffs are out of the question. However, I do think that this game is going to determine what kind of team this is moving forward, and what the rest of the season will look like.

Yes, the Giants are awful. They're definitely in the bottom-third of teams in the league talent-wise. However, the Falcons are in about as bad a situation as the Giants are, and maybe even worse. They have a bottom-5 defense. They can't stop the run. Teams keep hanging 30+ points on them. They have something like 17 guys on the injury report... Giants have none (that aren't already on IR). Giants are coming off a long week and have had time to study this team.

In short; aside from homefield advantage, everything this game is breaking the Giants' way.

If we beat this team, I think there's a realistic chance we end up 4-6 or 5-5 by the time we meet the Eagles for a rematch as we begin to enter the "easy" part of the schedule. There's even a chance this team pulls it together and finishes 6-10 or 7-9.

If we don't take advantage tonight, I think three wins is more likely the ceiling, and the team has probably given up on the season already.

What do you all think about tonight? I think Barkley needs 20+ touches for us to win this one.

It's a pretty big game confidence wise for the team, showing that the coaches/players still want to win games and just haven't flushed the whole idea of the season away.

They have been basically shit on the last three weeks by, not taking advantage of their opponent in the Saints, getting the short end of the stick with the 63(?) yard boot in Carolina, or just getting their shit pushed in by the Eagles.

They need to have a game where they come out and dominate on all sides of the ball to prove to themselves they can still do it at some level in the NFL.

If Shurmur gets fucking cute again and starts having OBJ motion around in the backfield like a distraction or using Barkley as a pass blocker, then this game is a loss.

If Apple, Jenkins and Collins continue their disappearing act in the secondary, the game is lost against Jones and Ridley.

I personally think the Giants lose simply because of the second scenario, I think the Giants put up numbers, but the secondary is going to get fucking scorched by Ryan tonight. Vernon is going to apply some heat, he was sorely missed, but I dont think he can do enough to stop Jones and Ridley from having a monster game.

It's a pretty big game confidence wise for the team, showing that the coaches/players still want to win games and just haven't flushed the whole idea of the season away.

They have been basically shit on the last three weeks by, not taking advantage of their opponent in the Saints, getting the short end of the stick with the 63(?) yard boot in Carolina, or just getting their shit pushed in by the Eagles.

They need to have a game where they come out and dominate on all sides of the ball to prove to themselves they can still do it at some level in the NFL.

If Shurmur gets fucking cute again and starts having OBJ motion around in the backfield like a distraction or using Barkley as a pass blocker, then this game is a loss.

If Apple, Jenkins and Collins continue their disappearing act in the secondary, the game is lost against Jones and Ridley.

I personally think the Giants lose simply because of the second scenario, I think the Giants put up numbers, but the secondary is going to get fucking scorched by Ryan tonight. Vernon is going to apply some heat, he was sorely missed, but I dont think he can do enough to stop Jones and Ridley from having a monster game.

Fuck I hate being right.

Watch, Schurmer will do his interview on WFAN today and proclaim the offense moved the ball fine in the last 6 minutes of the game, and to ignore the previous 54 minutes of the game; there are no problems with this offense.

During the post game interview he was pretty critical of the team not being able to finish of drives with TDs.

Rumor is he's fucking pissed at Eli for leaving a lot of plays out on the field last night.

Lets say the analytics were sound for going for 2 down 12 as well as QB sneaks. Analytics takes you only so far, then theres execution. That he doesnt know that the team fails to execute and is generally unprepared is troubling. He seems to still believe he has a good team.

Lets say the analytics were sound for going for 2 down 12 as well as QB sneaks. Analytics takes you only so far, then theres execution. That he doesnt know that the team fails to execute and is generally unprepared is troubling. He seems to still believe he has a good team.

Did he say that?

You know when Raanan agree with the two point call, this franchise is a dumpster fire.

1. Have no problem w/2-point call. It's progressive. Playing to win, not tie. Shows Shurmur willing to think outside box. And don't let it distract for a second about the REAL problem -- Giants had 6 points w/under 5 minutes to play against a team allowing 32 ppg!!

https://twitter.com/jordanraanan/status/1054705307711139840?s=21

Did he say that?

I don't know- my point is before you can use analytics to predict the outcome of an actin, you need to make sure all of the other controls are in place. Like you need to be reasonably sure blockers block, runners run, receivers receive, throwers throw. i don't think he has those controls and he thinks he does.

I don't know- my point is before you can use analytics to predict the outcome of an actin, you need to make sure all of the other controls are in place. Like you need to be reasonably sure blockers block, runners run, receivers receive, throwers throw. i don't think he has those controls and he thinks he does.

But the two point play was actually a pretty good call, OBJ literally just dropped the pass with no one in his face.

Ahh I missed the presser. Fair enough.

There was a point though where he snapped with everyone asking about the "bad plays" and Shurmur said "Well what about the good ones?" And the room went fucking silent lol

Makes you think that the media is already getting to the HC.

We need Coughlin to come back and handle the pressers.