SportsWrath

Giants Cuts

Mr. P

No surprises. It did seem that White had fallen behind both King and Lewis. IN the case of Whitlock, don't they commonly re-sign these kinds of players after clearing waivers, and then place on IR? I think that will be the case with him.

No surprises. It did seem that White had fallen behind both King and Lewis. IN the case of Whitlock, don't they commonly re-sign these kinds of players after clearing waivers, and then place on IR? I think that will be the case with him.

I think when waived/injured if they clear waivers they simply end up on our IR.

Whitlock is a fun gimmick player, but there's really no room on the roster for a fullback who can't block.

Honestly if he wasnt hurt I'd would just put him out at LB in Spags defense and have him rush the passer on bltiz packages.

He cant block but he knows how to get after the QB.

Aaron Wilson Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL

Giants cut Shane McDermott

Dan Duggan @DDuggan21 8m8 minutes ago

Source tells me that the Giants have released WR Kadron Boone.

Jordan Raanan @JordanRaanan 18m18 minutes ago

The #Giants also released WR K.J. Maye and CB Joe Powell, per sources. Maye flashed at times. Saw some potential.

Taylor and Bennett...I wouldn't mind seeing them on the practice squad if they clear waivers and are healthy.

I don't think either one would qualify for practice squad as they've both had too much roster time. Maybe Bennett but no way for Taylor.

Who's eligible for the practice squad?

Not all players are eligible for a team's practice squad. Eligibility is limited to players who were on an active roster for fewer than six games, or were on the 45-man active gameday roster for fewer than nine games. Plenty of practice squad spots will go to rookies who are still adjusting to the speed and skill of the NFL, but players with limited gameday experience or previous time on the practice squad to start their career are usually eligible, too.

A player is allowed on the practice squad for up to two years, with one year counting as six weeks in a season. A third year on the practice squad is only allowed if the team keeps 53 players on the active-inactive list at all times.

With Malleck, Lacosse, and Whitlock gone, and Will Johnson out indefinitely, you'd think the Giants would have to be scouring the waiver wire for some decent blocking at TE/FB.

I mean, we're not really about to go into the season with Larry Donnell and Will Tye setting the edge, are we?

With Malleck, Lacosse, and Whitlock gone, and Will Johnson out indefinitely, you'd think the Giants would have to be scouring the waiver wire for some decent blocking at TE/FB.

I mean, we're not really about to go into the season with Larry Donnell and Will Tye setting the edge, are we?

Hey they can only get marginally better with game time! Gonna be a fun season of FOOTBALL!