SportsWrath

Justin Tuck!!!

Nas

In hindsight... letting him go was a huge mistake. I'm having a hard time believing we actually have another DE besides JPP.

I haven't watched any Raiders games, obviously... I can barely make it through a Giants game these days... but Tuck's stats are identical to Kiwi's this season, and JPP actually has triple the stats of Tuck.

On paper we already have two guys that give you that level of production.

At this moment I would rather have Moore and Ayers starting over JPP and Kiwi.

Did Moore even play yesterday? I mean shit if you're going to rush 3, why not put your fastest guy there.. because the "powerful" guys get stonewalled anyway.

Of all the guys I thought should be career Giants that we've let go, I miss Ahmad Bradshaw the most, by far. How nice would it be to throw a pass to a running back and have it be for positive yards? And he's just a tough guy with heart and attitude, something this team sorely lacks. I saw no one getting fired up yesterday.

Of all the guys I thought should be career Giants that we've let go, I miss Ahmad Bradshaw the most, by far. How nice would it be to throw a pass to a running back and have it be for positive yards? And he's just a tough guy with heart and attitude, something this team sorely lacks. I saw no one getting fired up yesterday.

I agree, he's every bit the player he was a few years ago. Why did we let him walk again?

i miss him a lot too. miss that pissed off look on the sidelines even when things were going well lol. when he signed for 4 years 16 mil i thought "great, that's very reasonable. he'll get to retire here". guess those last two years were too much money for us. tough to blame the giants for betting that his feet were done though i guess

Because running backs can't run on two broken feet, he missed 90% of last season, and it'd be a miracle if he played 16 games this year.

Bradshaw plays with heart, he gives it his all. But how can you build a rushing game around a guy who's constantly wearing a boot?

That we even tried to go through a season with Bradshaw and Brown last year was completely insane.

Bradshaw's last season with the Giants was 2012, and despite his nagging injuries that season it was his 2nd best season as a pro.

Besides, I never saw him as a guy to build a running game around...he should never have been used more than 100-150 carries a season.

I keep forgetting about David Wilson.... he was supposed to have the Bradshaw role in 2013 and going forward. damn.

Their sense failed on this one. Bradshaw still has it.

Correct but you can't fault their decision.. there's a sweet spot on the curve in either direction where you'd like to acquire and release players. Remember we got AP from the skins on his way up... the inverse of that with Bradshaw...

In hindsight... letting him go was a huge mistake. I'm having a hard time believing we actually have another DE besides JPP.

Statistically, Kiwanuka is having an almost identical season to Tuck, except he has a half-sack more than Tuck.

At this moment I would rather have Moore and Ayers starting over JPP and Kiwi.

Absolute silliness. Trivia - who leads all defensive linemen in the entire NFL in tackles?

JPP.

JPP is balling. He has been a force to be reckoned with all year. We just saw him abuse one of the best LT's in the NFL on Sunday, and to read this kind of stuff out of someone as knowledgeable about the Giants as you, BiC, makes me wonder what is going on with this place. Seriously, that's GMB-worthy.

JPP, Rolle, and DRC are the three most important players on this defense, IMO. And JPP is by far the most important. Ayers and Moore? Gimme a break.

Letting Tuck go was absolutely the right call. He's never going to be again what he was. It's a shame, but the Giants were not going to overpay. He was insulted by the offer, and really, that offer was probably too much for what we were going to get out of him on a go-forward. Appreciate everything he did here, but come on, his effectiveness was in decline and his Captaincy certainly was pretty questionable, when he would talk a big game and then the effort didn't seem to be there when the Giants were down.

I think the Giants front four is doing ok. The reason they are not getting sacks is due to a clueless defensive coordinator that doesn't know what a stunt is, and rarely blitzes in obvious passing downs.

Tuck was way better in 2013 than Kiwi ever was on his best day. I assumed that letting Tuck walk was an endorsement of Damontre Moore, but he's not playing, so WTF?

Don't get me wrong, I like Kiwanuka as a player, but he's sort of a man without a position. He's too long-legged to be a great pass rusher, he's too big to be a great linebacker, he's too small to be a great interior lineman, and he doesn't have the instincts to play a roving position that would fit his body, ala late career Jason Taylor.

they didn't want to give another contract to a guy who had some left in the tank but was getting up there in age and had struggled with injuries. same situation with bradshaw.

if the giants could've cut cut kiwi any earlier than june 1st 2015 they would've done it by now

You know how I keep saying, "Giants fans are too married to the players?"

This is what I'm talking about. There's a case to be made for Bradshaw... but the Tuck, Nicks, Joseph, etc. whiners are just ridiculous. We have guys on the roster right now that are outperforming those guys; they're not the reason we're 3-4.