SportsWrath

cofield

boohyah

hah yeah this is pretty old news, but adds to why i think wilkerson might be our first round pick.

I dont know the Giants are pretty good at getting quality depth at D-line in later rounds.

Perfect example is Cofield..he was a 4th round pick.

hah yeah this is pretty old news, but adds to why i think wilkerson might be our first round pick.

Wilkerson is from New Jersey, some people think he is a 5 tech in a 3-4 only. Others think he would be better has a 3 Tech, which is what we would need. I think 19th overall is a bit high to draft him no matter what.

Wilkerson is from New Jersey, some people think he is a 5 tech in a 3-4 only. Others think he would be better has a 3 Tech, which is what we would need. I think 19th overall is a bit high to draft him no matter what.

Wilkerson has the size and athleticism to play either 3-tech or 5-tech. Most defensive tackles can play 3 tech anyway. It's just a bonus if they can play 5 tech. If you're a defensive tackle that can't play 3-tech, it's probably because you are really a defensive end. Example... Canty can play 3-tech or 5-tech, it's really not as big a deal as some make it out to be.

*Edit*... Coefield is as good as gone.

Wilkerson has the size and athleticism to play either 3-tech or 5-tech. Most defensive tackles can play 3 tech anyway. It's just a bonus if they can play 5 tech. If you're a defensive tackle that can't play 3-tech, it's probably because you are really a defensive end. Example... Canty can play 3-tech or 5-tech, it's really not as big a deal as some make it out to be.

*Edit*... Coefield is as good as gone.

I know the Patriots like him as a 5 Tech, and would probably take him at 33 . I do think he can play both, he would be the perfect UT in the Tampa 2, in my opinion. There are guys like Watt or Heyward, that were 4-3 DE, that fit better in a 3-4.

Exactlly, I think the whole 3 tech vs 5 tech is more relevant when talking about defense ends, but all in all, I think an athlete is an athlete. If they can play, coach 'em up and let 'em play.

yep, I guess it depends on scheme. Washington's bright spot in 09 was their D, then they switched to the 3-4 without the personnel for that move. Haynesworth,Fletcher,McIntosh, Daniels, Carter are not 3-4 guys. Houston next year is switching to a 3-4, and I have no idea why? They are taking the best DE in football and putting him at 5 tech, were he won't be rushing the passer, instead they are bringing pressure from the OLB's.

Speaking of news, I heard rumors the Giants were going to be selling PSL's.

after being on the waiting list for 10 years these clowns finally send me a email regarding season tickets.. also wanted 10K for PSL rights... Ha!!!! think the seat in my house is better than losing a kidney...

also, wish they would fork out the cash for cofield and bang that other dude we sign from the seahawks a few years ago..

after being on the waiting list for 10 years these clowns finally send me a email regarding season tickets.. also wanted 10K for PSL rights... Ha!!!! think the seat in my house is better than losing a kidney...

also, wish they would fork out the cash for cofield and bang that other dude we sign from the seahawks a few years ago..

Well then pony up the money for the psl's and maybe we can afford barry then. I'm blaming you and common sense if he goes elsewhere!

I like how you miss this other dude name Rocky Fartard.. more the reason we need to keep Barry..

yea I didnt list him because I think we all agree he should be cut. Yea Id love to invest money to Coefield too hes a good player but if we part ways I would understand the business behind it and what not. Guess we need to take another Dt in the first 5

yea I didnt list him because I think we all agree he should be cut. Yea Id love to invest money to Coefield too hes a good player but if we part ways I would understand the business behind it and what not. Guess we need to take another Dt in the first 5

Bernard played well for us last year. He sucked in 2009, but last year, he played well when he was out there. He's been a quality football player for many years, I wouldn't be dismissive of him if there is a significant cap hit. I still think he could give us good depth.

Well then pony up the money for the psl's and maybe we can afford barry then. I'm blaming you and common sense if he goes elsewhere!

Common sense, ha!!!!

They can kiss my ass if they think I'll fork over 10K. You know how much booze and hookers I can get with that kinda money????

Back to topic. Well, let's look at it this way. I can't really rememeber when the last time the Giants draft a bad DL or DE... They usually have great results and using later draft picks. So I ain't mad if Barry leaves.