SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

Soooooo..... Think Harvey could handle coming out of the bullpen?

2 innings, 2 doubles and a run. Didn’t stick around to answer questions either.

Carl Pavano, Kevin Brown, Joba Chamberlain

when did Kevin brown fall from Grace? Guy just got old. John smoltz robbed Kevin brown of his cy young award in 96

Carl pavano was never good and was hurt the majority of his career.

Joba..jobas a good comparison...but he wasn't a starter... though he should have been. The Yankees really screwed him up.

when did Kevin brown fall from Grace? Guy just got old. John smoltz robbed Kevin brown of his cy young award in 96

Joba..jobas a good comparison...but he wasn't a starter... though he should have been. The Yankees really screwed him up.

Pavano pitched lights out for the Marlins the year they beat the Yankees in the WS. I’m betting they signed him because of that. Then he was shit the day he arrived in NY. Brown signed a big FA contract with them and couldn’t pitch from day one of said big contract. I’d call both falling from grace. Joba was the talk of the town for about a minute. He did start for them as well.

Right around then:

05BAGS5-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=w

Pavano pitched lights out for the Marlins the year they beat the Yankees in the WS. Im betting they signed him because of that. Then he was shit the day he arrived in NY. Brown signed a big FA contract with them and couldnt pitch from day one of said big contract. Id call both falling from grace. Joba was the talk of the town for about a minute. He did start for them as well.

Im not certain, but I think they may have traded for brown...either way, he was old..like almost 40 when he was with the Yankees.

He's not a good example..he was on the yankees for 2 years...so if you think a big contract is a two year deal, then we differ on what a big deal is....he had like 18 seasos of stellar pitcher prior. Guy has like 220 wins in his career...now I know wins aren't indicative of well a pitcher has been....but in his era, it was more of a big deal...he has a career era just over 3.00....over like 20 years...with his only bad year, his last....at 40 years old.

Again, pavano was never great...one good playoff run and one good season. And you're 100% right, it got it that 45 million dollar contract. Just a bad signing.. i wouldn't say he fell off..he was never that good to begin with. Another poor example...just because the Yankees gave him a dumb contract doesn't mean he fell off. You have to be good in order to fall off.... pavano was mediocre at best

You're nitpicking on yankees pitchers. Jobs is the only that is comparable to Harvey in the way they fell off...and joba was never a starter really, though he should have been from day one...the yankees ruined him...worst handling of a top prospect I've seen. But they've learned their lesson.,..see emerging ace Luis severino

Im not certain, but I think they may have traded for brown...either way, he was old..like almost 40 when he was with the Yankees.

He's not a good example..he was on the yankees for 2 years...so if you think a big contract is a two year deal, then we differ on what a big deal is....he had like 18 seasos of stellar pitcher prior. Guy has like 220 wins in his career...now I know wins aren't indicative of well a pitcher has been....but in his era, it was more of a big deal...he has a career era just over 3.00....over like 20 years...with his only bad year, his last....at 40 years old.

Lost game 7 of the biggest fold in ALCS history, giving the sox their first world series after christ. bit of a fall :)

Lost game 7 of the biggest fold in ALCS history, giving the sox their first world series after christ. bit of a fall :)

come on...you know I'm right. Kevin brown is a bad example. Falling off at 40 isn't a fall from grace, it's becoming too old. And Vasquez didn't help by coming in and giving up a grand slam to Mike damon

Harvey is under 30

come on...you know I'm right. Kevin brown is a bad example. Falling off at 40 isn't a fall from grace, it's becoming too old. And Vasquez didn't help by coming in and giving up a grand slam to Mike damon

Harvey is under 30

what about the fat toad? tragic story

what about the fat toad? tragic story

he won a world series with the yankees...I don't count Japanese players...or Cuban professionals. But he sucked..very sad that he died.

Jose Contreras sucked too..had a good year with the white Sox when they won the world series though.

El duque was the man though

he won a world series with the yankees...I don't count Japanese players...or Cuban professionals. But he sucked..very sad that he died.

Jose Contreras sucked too..had a good year with the white Sox when they won the world series though.

El duque was the man though

i hate his brother

Looks like the Braves are bringing up their top pitching prospect for the game tonight... gotta feel a little bad for the kid being pared up against Syndeguard...

He pitched his ass off last time out and left with the lead. They lost in extras. Let’s hope they get him a win this time.

Reyes has got to go... 9th inning last night, he comes to the plate with 2 outs and the tying run on 2nd... I almost turned the game off right then, but there is some sliver of hope from 10 years ago that this dude is going to come up in the clutch. He almost got lucky that the left fielder struggled to make a routine catch, but it was just an out. There has to be some minor league infielder who can bat better than .150

WTF... deGrom looks so fucking good and then he hyperextends his elbow at bat? That guy cannot miss more than a start or two or this season is going to spiral out of control again.

AND did you see Cespedes last night with his diamond necklace breaking as he slid into second... https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/yoenis-cespedes-diamond-necklace-broke-chain-field-mets-braves-mlb-video

I have no idea why they still allow pitchers to hit. The nl needs to get with it and add the dh. Pitchers are almost always automatic outs...and/or they get hurt. The game is much better with the dh.

Also, I have no idea why baseball players wear jewelery while playing. It's so stupid

I have no idea why they still allow pitchers to hit. The nl needs to get with it and add the dh. Pitchers are almost always automatic outs...and/or they get hurt. The game is much better with the dh.

Because that's baseball

Also, I have no idea why baseball players wear Osielery while playing. It's so stupid

Pitchers bat, because they are baseball players... It is how the game should be played, I hate the DH. Even if it means loosing a player.

But I do agree, there is no reason to be wearing all that Jewelry on the field. I wonder if he will stop wearing them after last night