SportsWrath

The Offensive Line

NeMesiS

I'm not concerned yet or encouraged for the season.

Takes more time for a bad offensive line to get clicking than a great defensive line. Best we can hope for is health and improvement over the next three games then re-evaluate.

We arent event jumping the gun - this is more like leaping. The OL has been working its ass off from what I hear and playing against the Giants DL will do just that. I think they should be fine. The Evan Engram mix should help a lot on the short 2 step throws.

The run blocking is abysmal...pass blocking mediocre at best. In my opinion, there's a good chance Flowers loses his starting spot. His footwork and hand placement still looked awful.

The run blocking is abysmal...pass blocking mediocre at best. In my opinion, there's a good chance Flowers loses his starting spot. His footwork and hand placement still looked awful.

To who? Justin Pugh in a contract year?

We arent event jumping the gun - this is more like leaping. The OL has been working its ass off from what I hear and playing against the Giants DL will do just that. I think they should be fine. The Evan Engram mix should help a lot on the short 2 step throws.

Maybe the Steelers defense is better than ours?

Have no idea what happened to Richburg and how he regressed from becoming best Center in the NFL to garbage. He's in the final year of his rookie deal and if he continues to regress Center becomes a big need

It was one game and the first quarter of the first game of the preseason at that.

You guys are being kinda crazy. They barely played. The tackles gave up 0 qb hurries in the limited time they did play, and we had a few successful runs on the right side. What more do you want? It's too small of a sample size either way but if anything they looked better than usual

Have no idea what happened to Richburg and how he regressed from becoming best Center in the NFL to garbage. He's in the final year of his rookie deal and if he continues to regress Center becomes a big need

LOL...Richburg was always average at best. A C+ center at best.

As I posted towards the end of last year, be prepared again for this giants offense this season:

Typical sequence of Giants drives

1 - Perkins dive for 2 yards. Perkins draw for -1. Pass incomplete. 3 and out.

2 - Perkins dive for 2 yards. Offensive holding. 2nd and 18. Pass to Engram or Shepard for 7 yard gain. 3rd and 11; clearly way too impossible, so give up draw to Perkins for 3 yards. 3 and out.

3 - Perkins dive for 2 yards. Next play, sack caused by Flowers not touching a player or Richburg/Hart getting bowled over. 3rd and 18; give up draw or 5 yard pass. 3 and out.

4 - False start (Flowers or Hart). 1st and 15. 10 yard pass to Marshall or Vareen. 2nd and 5, pass or run play behind the line of scrimmage for -2. 3rd and 7; pass play, offensive line doesn't block, Eli under heavy pressure throws it away. 3 and out.

5 - 11 Yard run to Perkins. 60 yard catch and TD run by Beckham.

Repeat sequence, whereby the next time around, #5 is Odell not scoring, Giants near red zone threatening, Eli is under heavy pressure and as a result fumbles or throws an INT

He had a few good catches last year, you guys are rough on people in here. but the spot has been really bad the last few years.

Yeah I can't wait to see Engram running the same shit routes Tye did last season and have the same results.

He had a few good catches last year, you guys are rough on people in here. but the spot has been really bad the last few years.

I'm not really shitting on him. I just think we're deep at the position now and something's gotta give