SportsWrath

Mets vs. Yankees Series Thread

RandolphScott

The Mets (38-39) begin a four-game series against the Yankees (42-36) with a day-night, two stadium doubleheader today at Yankee Stadium, starting 2:05 pm EDT.

The Lineup:

* SS Jose Reyes

* 2B Luis Castillo

* 3B David Wright

* CF Carlos Beltran

* DH Carlos Delgado

* RF Trot Nixon

* LF Marlon Anderson

* 1B Fernando Tatis

* C Brian Schneider

The Pitchers:

RHP Mike Pelfrey (4-6, 4.30 ERA) starts for the Mets. This is his first career start against the Yankees. Pelfrey is 2-2 with a 6.25 ERA in six road starts this season.

RHP Dan Giese (1-2, 0.64 ERA) starts for the Yankees. In his first career start for the Yankees on on June 21 versus the Reds, Giese allowed three runs, no earned, on four hits whiles striking out five ovr 6.2 IP. This is first career start versus the Mets.

The Notes:

In the 62 regular season games versus the Yankees, the Mets are 27-35, including 0-4 in the previous two day-night, two stadium doubleheaders.

The Mets are 6-4 following an off day this season.

Carlos Beltran is 20-for-57 (.351) with 2 2B, 5 HR and 14 RBI over his last 15 games. He is batting .193 with 7 HR and 29 RBI in his career versus the Yankees.

Aaron Heilman has posted a 0.75 ERA in 12.0 IP in June.

The Yankees are 15-10 in day games this season.

Alex Rodriguez is batting .387 with 8 2B, 7 HR and 24 RBI since May 30. He is first all-time with 146 RBI during Interleague play.

Courtesy of Metsblog

:brooding:

The Yankee scouts have to be fucked up, though. He has the slow bat rep, but all his hits were from off speed pitches.

The second homer was a fastball and i'm not really sure what the first one was.

The second homer was a fastball and i'm not really sure what the first one was.

I checked before I deleted the game from my Tivo. It broke down and in slightly, which tells me it was a slider. I know it wasn't a fastball. :P

I checked before I deleted the game from my Tivo. It broke down and in slightly, which tells me it was a slider. I know it wasn't a fastball. :P

The grand slam was 93 MPH. It was probably a sinker.

The 3 run bomb looked like a bad fastball at 85 MPH. It was very straight and didn't have any change up action to it.