SportsWrath

What do you call a QB

Allstarjim

He'd have won a few more games this year if the OL was merely competent and we were maybe just a little better than 28th in rushing.........but then, he won a Super Bowl when we were dead last in rushing.

The team doesn't even try to establish anything resembling a running game, though. They just call an occasional running play.

When you come out and immediately put yourself in a hole with a first down incompletion, there's not much a 2nd down run play that gains 3 or 4 yards can really do for you. So they pass.

Oh, and I've yet to see them call a running play out of anything other than the shotgun.

And the constant no-huddle is asinine. They were in no-huddle all fucking game. What in the fuck is the point?

The team doesn't even try to establish anything resembling a running game, though. They just call an occasional running play.

When you come out and immediately put yourself in a hole with a first down incompletion, there's not much a 2nd down run play that gains 3 or 4 yards can really do for you. So they pass.

Oh, and I've yet to see them call a running play out of anything other than the shotgun.

And the constant no-huddle is asinine. They were in no-huddle all fucking game. What in the fuck is the point?

And that's the reason I didn't want them going for it there on the the 4th down. teams know all they have to do is defend the pass to stop us, take the 3 pts!

Eli has one legit target to throw to... we have no TEs, and our 2nd WR shouldn't be in this fucking league... period. I can not and will not pin this one on Eli.

We have a braindead HQ who thought he should go for it on 4th down late in the 4th Qtr with his team up 10... so instead of being up by 13 (thereby making the other team having to score TWO TDs... and even then all we need in a FG to win it)... he fucking decided to go for it... and leave 3 points on the fucking field... ahhhhh... hail saint cough-shit.

Sorry, but we give Eli all the excuses. You know what Tom Brady is going to do with marginal receivers and a bad defense? Win the division and go to the playoffs. You know what Rodgers would do? Same thing. Ben Roethlisberger? At least go to the playoffs. Help me out, is this the 5th year in a row the Giants will miss the playoffs?

Point is, Eli is a somewhat above average QB that does a lot of things great that has most of us overlooking the fact that he has major shortcomings in decsion-making and physical talent that hamper this team and lose us games, and if he wasn't making the money he does, we might be able to put a winner around him.

If this is the same old, same old "Is Eli elite?" question - I will reiterate the same I've said for years.

He's not worth what we paid for him given we could've had Ben for free.

And those that disagree, will rebut that with the mental side of the game, playing in NY, etc. that Eli would have over Ben.

To which I reply, that's a valid argument, but that's not the whole argument. You have to look at the whole package and given what we paid for Eli...to even have to have a discussion over it, really eliminates the need for the discussion. In other words, there should be no debate...none. Eli should be the better QB hands down.

But...he's not.

The problem now is that Eli is signed through 2020. He's our guy. There is some time I guess to build up around him to make one last go at it...but really, what faith do we have in Reese and Coughlin to see that through? I don't have any.

A new coach/GM...not sure if that sets us up for a positive future or if there is going to be a dropoff for a few years.

At the same time, a talented chef will make a great meal with what he's got....generally speaking.

In other words, Reese goes to the store, comes home with stuff, and it's up to Coughlin to organize it, measure it, mix it, and put it together. I think the blame is damn near 50/50 at this point.

All I know is . You can't bake a cake with out all the ingredients. And Jerry Reese is sopposed to be doing the grocery shopping for chef Coughlin.

True, Coughlin needs a shitload of stuff on that grocery list because he's a shitty, inconsistent coach now and can't work with what he has.

At the same time, a talented chef will make a great meal with what he's got....generally speaking.

In other words, Reese goes to the store, comes home with stuff, and it's up to Coughlin to organize it, measure it, mix it, and put it together. I think the blame is damn near 50/50 at this point.

I think that sums everything up in a nutshell. Perfect analogy, dude.

That needs a stalwart O-line, a very good running game, and a stout defense to win games?

What do you call a QB that has directed 4 scoring drives in the last 8+ quarters of football, with 4 interceptions?

Except that the one year we had all that of that in 2008...we lost and the one year we didn't have it...we won in 2011.

First one is a QB on a team that wins a super bowl and the second one is a QB that wants to win a super bowl.

Eli isn't the reason this team hasn't made the playoffs in five seasons. His salary isn't handicapping this team, it is the talent around him. No team in the NFL can afford to build a playoff caliber team entirely through free agency.

When there is a better QB available in free agency, feel free to point him the fuck out because the last one to make it on the market in his prime was Drew Brees in 2006.

Except that the one year we had all that of that in 2008...we lost and the one year we didn't have it...we won in 2011.

That was 7 years ago. He definitely needs all of that TODAY.

Giants fans, in general, seem to feel that it's not possible to appreciate and respect Eli for what he has done and criticize him for current shortcomings in the present. Like the ideas are mutually exclusive. I love Manning, for the most part, but without Beckham/s insane athletic ability and commendable individual effort, he is league average or below RIGHT NOW. It doesn't matter what he's done in 2004, 2011, or 2014. What matters is what he does now. Manning in 2007-2011 would have been able to make the players around him better. He cannot do that anymore. I really question his leadership ability, at least on the field, this season.

The Giants could pay someone 2 million a year to throw the ball to Beckham and have the same results. The red zone efficiency would be the same. The third down conversion rate would be terrible. Etc. Etc.

True, Coughlin needs a shitload of stuff on that grocery list because he's a shitty, inconsistent coach now and can't work with what he has.

And let's not act like St Coughlin doesn't have any input when it comes to personnel.

His accuracy is off, even by Eli's inconsistent standards. The sideline touch-pass used to be his bread and butter but most of those are going uncatchable (even by Beckham) out of bounds. The Nicks non-TD pass, overthrowing a wide open Beckham in OT, on and on. In the close margins we've lost all but one game by this season, these throws are the difference between winning an losing, and they're supposed to be the difference between average and 'elite'.

Although in Eli's defense he has no one besides ODB... And half the team is injured again.

I don't really see that as much of a defense Nas. QB's make pro bowl receivers. Not the other way around. Look at what Palmer is doing in Arizona. Besides Fitzgerald, they really don't have any big name receivers. Same can be said for Cam in Carolina. He has Olsen and Ginn Jr? :laugh:

I don't really see that as much of a defense Nas. QB's make pro bowl receivers. Not the other way around. Look at what Palmer is doing in Arizona. Besides Fitzgerald, they really don't have any big name receivers. Same can be said for Cam in Carolina. He has Olsen and Ginn Jr? :laugh:

Those teams have defenses at least.