SportsWrath

The Pat Shurmur Giants

Sephiroth

Yeah its an offensive league and the 9ers stocked up on high end defensive talent. Teams aren't prepared for them because they're one of the only teams with an actual scary defense that teams can't plan for...the cheifs..one trick pony..no d....thats most teams in the league...vikings are another defensive team in an offensive league. Love to see the 9ers and minny go at it in the nfc championship game or any playoff game in cold weather. jeanine garafolo is just an average qb. Not bad but bothing special. Jeanine is like cousins...not bad QB's just not great ones. But behind a good defense and good skill player...big cornfed white tight ends and a white boy receiver/te....they can lead a team very far if not all the way

I hate to say this at this point:

We have to stick with Shurmur

The clock didn't start on Shurmur until Daniel Jones took over at QB. Overlook the win record now and start thinking about the scoreboard and compare it to last year. This team is scoring more points: Giants are 5 points away from matching their 2018 total. You will also note we have already matched the total points given up in 2018. This team is going to score more points before the end, give up more and lose more games. So is this a better team than last year? Yes it is and it is on the right path and we just the wins to show it.

This is a very young defense and nobody was prepared for the drop off in quality because of the inexperience we have seen on the field this year. If Spagnuolo was the Defensive coordinator, this team would have dumbed down the defense weeks ago. Bettcher is sticking with it and waiting for everyone to get on the same page.

Replacing the coaching staff and/or Gettleman simply hits the reset button on the rebuild at every position except RB.

If the team quits on him and/or doesn't win another game, I think he's gone.

If he can string together a 5-11 record and the team wins a few games near the end, I think there's a shuffle of the assistant coaches but he stays.

If he can string together a 5-11 record and the team wins a few games near the end, I think there's a shuffle of the assistant coaches but he stays.

I don't think ownership gets rid of two coaches both two years into their jobs.

That's Browns levels of turn over.

Getty picked Shurmur and if Mara gets rid of him he's pretty much giving up on Getty as well.

Mara let's Shurmur ride out to the end of his contract unless this team goes 2-14 the next couple of years.

Schurmer is bad, but Gettlemen deserves a major share of the ridicule. It's great that he's hit on Barkely (an easy one) and Daniel Jones, but two years in a row and the OL and defense (minus the D-Line) are still a complete disaster. Not only has he left holes everywhere, his signing/moves to try and fill them have been poor, so I'm not buying the argument that he's needs time because the vast majority of his moves have failed.

Here are the disastrous moves:

OL (the biggest concern I have):

• Solder: Bust (worst contract in the NFL right now)
  • Omameh: Bust
  • Remmers: Bust
  • Hernandez - Go watch his play last week for instance...he's constantly getting beat. Thus far, he's looking like a bust, or below average starter at best.
  • Halapio: Similar to Hernandez, this guy is constantly getting beat. Bust
  • Flowers at RT last year (yes, Gettlemen didn't draft Flowers, but he felt good enough to try him as a starter)
  • Pulley (3 year $8mm dollar deal. Why???)

DB:

• Baker: I don't know what he'll become long term, but he obviously wasn't ready to start day one or even season 1 in this league.
  • Bethea: Bust. He's been just as bad as Curtis Riley last year.
  • Beal: Gettlement gave up a 3rd round pick for him and he can't get on the field. Looking like a bust.
  • Love and Ballentine: We've seen very little of Love outside of special teams, and the small reps for Ballentine look bad so far.
  • Peppers: I agree with not re-signing Collins. Peppers is an average - above average starter. I'll give him credit here.
  • Jenkins, our highest paid defensive player at $14mm is playing like an average starter at best. He whiffs on so many tackles that he's cost us in critical situations.

LB:

• The Alex Ogeltree trade is looking bad. He's not worth $10mm per year, our 2nd highest paid defensive player. He's an average ILB at best.
  • Tae Davis was our other starting ILB at the beginning of the season, and he's now not even on the team.
  • Lorenzo Carter was penciled in as a starting OLB, but he has been sub-par.
  • Golden: He seems to be one of the few bright spots on defense. I'll give him credit here.

The whole Leonard Williams trade, trading a 3rd and 4th/5th round pick for no reason (an 8 game "audition?") when you'll have to just sign him in the offseason, is an absolute joke.

Another problem I have is, outside of Golden, you really have no other pass rushers. No-one besides Golden has more than 2.5 sacks through 10 games.

I think the team would have quit already if that was the case. I don't see a fractured locker room, just a frustrated/disappointed one. I don't think the record at the end of the season doesn't matter either, Shurmur gets a shorter leash for the 2020 season though.

I'm sure the Giants will win at least one more game this year Bears/Dolphins/Redskins are three excellent opportunities for a win and I will be greedy and say those 3 are not the only ones we can win.