SportsWrath

Let the mock drafts begin!

mastershake

Here's mine (I would like the Giants to pick up some FA OL, WR and CB depth and then draft the following):

- 1st round - DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson. 6'3 270. While we have Vernon and JPP, I'm confident that this is a much needed pick. JPP is a shell of his former self, plus only signed for one more year. Behind him, we have an unproven O.O., and Kerry Wynn is a backup at best.

- 2nd round - LB Jordan Jenkins, Georgia. 6'3 259. Another player who brings toughness, upfield play, and pass rushing to the defense. You can't have enough pass rushers in this league, as demonstrated by Denver.

- 3rd round - FS/CB Jalen Mills, LSU 6'0 195.

- 4th round - ILB Antonio Morrison, Florida 6'0 235 (I think we get by this year with the LBers we currently have, but Morrison could be the future at ILB if he puts a year in an NFL weight room with NFL trainers).

5 - 7 - Add depth at DB and OL.

Here's mine (I would like the Giants to pick up some FA OL, WR and CB depth and then draft the following):

- 1st round - DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson. 6'3 270. While we have Vernon and JPP, I'm confident that this is a much needed pick. JPP is a shell of his former self, plus only signed for one more year. Behind him, we have an unproven O.O., and Kerry Wynn is a backup at best.

- 2nd round - LB Jordan Jenkins, Georgia. 6'3 259. Another player who brings toughness, upfield play, and pass rushing to the defense. You can't have enough pass rushers in this league, as demonstrated by Denver.

- 3rd round - FS/CB Jalen Mills, LSU 6'0 195.

- 4th round - ILB Antonio Morrison, Florida 6'0 235 (I think we get by this year with the LBers we currently have, but Morrison could be the future at ILB if he puts a year in an NFL weight room with NFL trainers).

5 - 7 - Add depth at DB and OL.

"Oh, look at me! My name is Vendetta, and I know a lot about college players! Look at my super cool draft! Maybe I'll be a commentator one day who wears a Guy Fawkes mask!"

Was that mocking enough?

For the Giants

1. Darron Lee LB Ohio St

Run and hit LB who can come off the edge has great coverage skills as well

2. Tyler Boyd WR Pitt

Catches everything fits the Giants mold for X WR

3. Carl Nassib DE Penn St

Can set the edge on the strongside. Former walk who breakkout in 2015 with 15.5 sacks

4. Deiondre Hall CB Northern IA

Has great length at 6'2" with

34 3/8" arms. Good ball skills with 6 int's last year. Played quarters from the slot and can play FS

6 Bralon Addison WR Oregon

Perfect slot wr for WCO can contribute as a KR and PR

5. Willie Beavers OT Western Michigan

6'5" could be depth and possible future RT

6. Bralon Addison WR Oregon

Perfect slot wr for WCO can contribute as a KR and PR

Without digging too much into the needs of teams picking ahead of us...

1. Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson

2. Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana

3. Deion Jones, OLB, Louisiana State

4. Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa or Sean Davis, FS, Maryland

I would strongly consider trading up in the 2nd to secure a shot at landing Spriggs.

Without digging too much into the needs of teams picking ahead of us...

1. Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson

2. Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana

3. Deion Jones, OLB, Louisiana State

4. Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa or Sean Davis, FS, Maryland

I would strongly consider trading up in the 2nd to secure a shot at landing Spriggs.

Still too early for an offensive lineman. I like Garrett and him or Charone Peake WR Clemson would of been in my combo B. Garrett is not great running in the intermediate routes though and not sure how he would fit

I think we've done a nice job so far shoring up the left side of the offensive line. I just think the job is unfinished unless one of the two right side positions get addressed. I wouldn't mind a guard at some point in lieu of a tackle so that there is improvement at one of the two spots. But, what I've read on Spriggs is nothing but positive and I think he'll make a name for himself at the next level.

Deion Jones is similar in that regard. He's not being spoken about, but he seems like a hell of a player who is flying under the radar.

In the first round, I take Lawson, Lee, Stanley...in that order. I can't help but believe that one of them will be there at 10.

If we don't get Lawson, I take Lee and of course, that changes everything. If we take Stanley, than of course, no Spriggs in the 2nd.

"Oh, look at me! My name is Vendetta, and I know a lot about college players! Look at my super cool draft! Maybe I'll be a commentator one day who wears a Guy Fawkes mask!"

Was that mocking enough?

Well mocked good sir

Going through different options and came up with option B

1. Jack Conklin OT Michigan St

Completes the oline and gives them five guys all 25 and under

2. Artie Burns CB Miami

Played boundary, slot and even FS. His aggresiveness will suit the D well

3. Carl Nassib DE Penn St/Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU

4. Keyarris Garrett WR Tulsa

Deep threat at 6'4

5. Luke Rhodes LB William & Mary

Would kill people to wait for a LB, but Rhodes could be a great find. Two time team captain, 191 tackles in two years

Going through different options and came up with option B

1. Ronnie Stanley OT Notre Dame

Completes the oline and gives them five guys all 25 and under

2. Artie Burns CB Miami

Played boundary, slot and even FS. His aggresiveness will suit the D well

3. Carl Nassib DE Penn St/Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU

4. Keyarris Garrett WR Tulsa

Deep threat at 6'4

5. Luke Rhodes LB William & Mary

Would kill people to wait for a LB, but Rhodes could be a great find. Two time team captain, 191 tackles in two years

2. Lenard Floyd LB Gerogia

I'll stop here.. it's a crap shoot thereafter. And btw, I think this WR we got from France is going to surprise many people... We have enough WRs on the team to make it go to the back of the line draft-wise.

2. Lenard Floyd LB Gerogia

I'll stop here.. it's a crap shoot thereafter. And btw, I think this WR we got from France is going to surprise many people... We have enough WRs on the team to make it go to the back of the line draft-wise.

Changed it to Jack Conklin. I would prefer Conklin over Stanley after watching the two. I think Stanley is too finesse and wouldn't fit the Giants mold

Bosa was ranked as the best player in the draft for a long, long time. Don't see any way he falls to 10.

i still think that Tunsil , Ramsey , Wentz , Elliot and Jack are the top 5 .........

plus Buckner , Stanley and Goff could go before him too............so you never know i suppose ?

i still think that Tunsil , Ramsey , Wentz , Elliot and Jack are the top 5 .........

plus Buckner , Stanley and Goff could go before him too............so you never know i suppose ?

No, you never know...but I think the Cowboys could draft him easily to replace Gregory too. And while I think Elliot may go top 10, I don't see the top 5 ranking for ANY running back in today's NFL.

I just don't want to see the Giants take Elliot when our RT and RG spots are undefined, and we're in need of a #2 WR as well as a slot corner as well as a LBer. Draft picks are resources and I think they need spent responsibly.

I'm not saying we draft for need only...but when the needs are as blatant as they are and there are players at the top of their positions available at one of those spots where we have a glaring hole...I don't know how you pass on that player.

No, you never know...but I think the Cowboys could draft him easily to replace Gregory too. And while I think Elliot may go top 10, I don't see the top 5 ranking for ANY running back in today's NFL.

I just don't want to see the Giants take Elliot when our RT and RG spots are undefined, and we're in need of a #2 WR as well as a slot corner as well as a LBer. Draft picks are resources and I think they need spent responsibly.

I'm not saying we draft for need only...but when the needs are as blatant as they are and there are players at the top of their positions available at one of those spots where we have a glaring hole...I don't know how you pass on that player.

See I think JR of the last few years would agree with you, but it's obvious that JR is in full on save his ass mode and he might think that a RB with some talent would of gotten those extra few yards on a run or been a play maker out of the backfield to help put away games.

I mean all of the signings are "win now" types of moves that are dolled out contract wise that if this is another 6-10 year (which I'm pretty sure it will be) JR is gone and so are all these wonderful players he signed in a panic.

But who the hell knows with this draft, and the Giants trying to milk the last bit of success out of Eli before he's gone in a few seasons.

See I think JR of the last few years would agree with you, but it's obvious that JR is in full on save his ass mode and he might think that a RB with some talent would of gotten those extra few yards on a run or been a play maker out of the backfield to help put away games.

I mean all of the signings are "win now" types of moves that are dolled out contract wise that if this is another 6-10 year (which I'm pretty sure it will be) JR is gone and so are all these wonderful players he signed in a panic.

But who the hell knows with this draft, and the Giants trying to milk the last bit of success out of Eli before he's gone in a few seasons.

I agree that JR is trying to save face here. As for the RB...we had one of the best receivers out of the backfield in football (Vereen) last year and it didn't seem to help. Safe to say that I'm just excited for the draft already after a dismal season.

Which is why I don't think the Giants draft Elliot. RBs in the top 10 is not considered a good pick anymore. If the Giants could remember that Vereen is on the team and use Jennings as the main with a few carries for Darkwa or Williams (OR here) then the Giants are fine. It was the stupidity of randomly choosing starters per quarter that was the issue.

Rashad Jennings' tread is going to wear off sooner than anyone thinks. I think we need to address the position with a mid to late round pick. No sooner than the 4th, for me, because we still can give Andre Williams another chance this season, hopefully the light goes on, and Jennings should be good to go as well.

But I would put a higher priority on getting a young receiver, another defensive end, one or two linebackers, and a corner before addressing RB. And we could always use more OL.

If they could trade down, this is the year to do it. You get to the mid-teens and you might be able to get Reggie Ragland or Kevin Dodd, then go in the 2nd and get Michael Thomas and Mackenzie Alexander or Shilique Calhoun.