SportsWrath

Hot cakes 2019, media edition.

BlueInCanada

So we drop from 31st to 32nd but save 12 million against the cap in the process.

Point isn't to save money, it is to win games and to do that the defense has to get better. Defense doesn't get better without Landon Collins.

Point isn't to save money, it is to win games and to do that the defense has to get better. Defense doesn't get better without Landon Collins.

It wasn't good with Collins either.

If we were one or two pieces away from something decent on defense I would agree, but we may also be losing guys like Vernon or Jenkins and are no where near a one year turn around.

So Collins goes on the hook for 11+ million, in a year when we need 16 million to sign Draft picks and only have 29 million in cap.

It wasn't good with Collins either.

If we were one or two pieces away from something decent on defense I would agree, but we may also be losing guys like Vernon or Jenkins and are no where near a one year turn around.

So Collins goes on the hook for 11+ million, in a year when we need 16 million to sign Draft picks and only have 29 million in cap.

Who knows how many pieces we are away from something decent on defense. We don't know who may be cut or take a pay cut, traded or retire so I skip speculating that point or as to how the Giants plan on getting better while staying under the cap from one next year to the next.

I do know we need to get better on defense and it does not get better with Collins leaving to save some money. Landon Collins can be another building block for this defense just like Tomlinson and BJ Hill.

Who knows how many pieces we are away from something decent on defense. We don't know who may be cut or take a pay cut, traded or retire so I skip speculating that point or as to how the Giants plan on getting better while staying under the cap from one next year to the next.

I do know we need to get better on defense and it does not get better with Collins leaving to save some money. Landon Collins can be another building block for this defense just like Tomlinson and BJ Hill.

And I'm not saying he isnt a building block.

Just one that Giants in all likelihood will not be able to afford this year.

The Pats dont have a single building block in their entire roster outside of Brady and maybe Gronk/Edelman. Yet they seem to always compete with excellent coaching and game plan and execution. Maybe building blocks are what this team needs and just better overall coaching

amen! I haven't seen coaching improvement on either side of the ball.

The Pats dont have a single building block in their entire roster outside of Brady and maybe Gronk/Edelman. Yet they seem to always compete with excellent coaching and game plan and execution. Maybe building blocks are what this team needs and just better overall coaching

Devin McCoutry has been the staple safety in the NFL and that roster for the last nine years.

Chung has been their starting safety the last 10 years.

Hightower has been their starting pro bowl LB for the last seven years.

Sony Michel was a far bigger MVP this year than Brady was for that team and expect him to just keep getting better and used.

OT Cannon was the home grown replacement for Solder who has all over that Oline for 8 years.

I hate this whole "The Patriots get it done without star players" nonsense that seems to be going on every time they win a SB, so the last 10 years lol

They have had great players come and go and they continue to build home grown talent and FAs across the board.

It's like how people say "Brady wins SBs without a great defense"

Since making it to the SB in 2001 the Patriots defense has been the most dominate in the modern era of the NFL in the post season, holding opponents to something like 9 points a game in the post season.

I hate this whole "The Patriots get it done without star players" nonsense that seems to be going on every time they win a SB, so the last 10 years lol

They have had great players come and go and they continue to build home grown talent and FAs across the board.

It's like how people say "Brady wins SBs without a great defense"

Since making it to the SB in 2001 the Patriots defense has been the most dominate in the modern era of the NFL in the post season, holding opponents to something like 9 points a game in the post season.

They still win with an offense filled with slot receivers and a tight end held together by screws and band aids. The point is largely accurate. Theres no X receiver on that team. Despite Michel, its still running back by committee there; Michel would likely struggle outside of the NE offense like all the other NE backs who have left in free agency.

They still win with an offense filled with slot receivers and a tight end held together by screws and band aids. The point is largely accurate. Theres no X receiver on that team. Despite Michel, its still running back by committee there; Michel would likely struggle outside of the NE offense like all the other NE backs who have left in free agency.

Michel was a first round back who carried the Patriots to wins this season, he would be starting somewhere else in the NFL.

And you don't need a number one WR to win SB, just look at how many the Pats won with Moss on that team.

Even Plax was non existent in the 2007 SB until that final catch.

Brady doesn't need to score 40 points a game to win their defense has basically been the equivalent and better then some of the best defenses ever in the NFL once they reach the post season.

And if Brady catches a pass vs the Eagles the Patriots are probably hoisting heir 7th SB instead of their 6th.

Brady has had more help then what the media likes to give the team credit for.

Right but without Brady and Belichek, they dont win 11+ games every year and make it to the post season. You put Gronk, Michel, and Edelman on the Steelers and see how many wins Ben ends a season with.