SportsWrath

Barkley: High ankle sprain

Herc

Any play could be a players last NFL snap... the play he hurt his ankle on was nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary... it is part of the game. I do not think you wrap it up and send him out there limping, but after the first snap of preseason I doubt many NFL players are at 100%....

If Dr's say after 2 weeks he is ready to go, and Saquon himself says he feels ready to go... strap on that helmet and go get us some yards.

Nobody wants to see their best players on the sidelines, well other than Vendetta.

That's what I mean don't rush him back wait till he's 100%.

I don't want to hear "Barkley is still showing some signs of the injury but he's doing better we are just going to limit how many carries he gets in the next game"

Just to have him hobble around out there with a half healed injury.

I'd rather not ruin this guy's career over a lost season.

That's what I mean don't rush him back wait till he's 100%.

I don't want to hear "Barkley is still showing some signs of the injury but he's doing better we are just going to limit how many carries he gets in the next game"

Just to have him hobble around out there with a half healed injury.

I'd rather not ruin this guy's career over a lost season.

There is a fair chance this guy plays 5 seasons with us.. I would hate for one of them to be spent sitting on the bench when he could be playing... like Odell.

With or without Barkley, the team isn't going anywhere this year with this defense. There's no point risking further injury, plus even if he can come back week 11 after the bye, this injury (I've had it before in Rugby) has your ankle still not feeling fully healed and 100% at that time....particularly for the RB position where planting and cutting is so important. We're just going to risk further injury to the guy for what? 1-2 more wins to go 7-9 or 8-8 at the end of a season going nowhere?

With or without Barkley, the team isn't going anywhere this year with this defense. There's no point risking further injury, plus even if he can come back week 11 after the bye, this injury (I've had it before in Rugby) has your ankle still not feeling fully healed and 100% at that time....particularly for the RB position where planting and cutting is so important. We're just going to risk further injury to the guy for what? 1-2 more wins to go 7-9 or 8-8 at the end of a season going nowhere?

Why bother showing up or watching any NFL games at all?

There is a fair chance this guy plays 5 seasons with us.. I would hate for one of them to be spent sitting on the bench when he could be playing... like Odell.

Not if the Giants use all that cap space they have next season, which they should on Barkley.

So wouldn't it make sense then to not try to waste his health on a year when these defence is going to be setting records for yards/points given up? IF he's 100% healed, let him play.

But if they just rush him back out there hoping to squeak out a win in a season where at best we might be 8-8, just to fuck up his ankle more and possibly mess up his carrier, why risk it? Wait till he's 100% then let him out there.

Not if the Giants use all that cap space they have next season, which they should on Barkley.

So wouldn't it make sense then to not try to waste his health on a year when these defence is going to be setting records for yards/points given up? IF he's 100% healed, let him play.

But if they just rush him back out there hoping to squeak out a win in a season where at best we might be 8-8, just to fuck up his ankle more and possibly mess up his carrier, why risk it? Wait till he's 100% then let him out there.

So you wait until he is 100% next season and in game 2 he injures his collar bone. Now we are looking at 2 seasons of seeing what might be the best RB in the league not playing. If he feels good, and dr says he is good... put him on the field. NFL seasons and careers are short.

So you wait until he is 100% next season and in game 2 he injures his collar bone. Now we are looking at 2 seasons of seeing what might be the best RB in the league not playing. If he feels good, and dr says he is good... put him on the field. NFL seasons and careers are short.

Did I say next season? I said there's no point to rush him back.

His diagnosis or expected return is 4 to 6 weeks.

I'd rather it be the full six if he's 100% recovered than 4 if he comes back at 70% with a greater chance of just getting injured again.

How hard is this to understand I'd rather our franchise RB not have the greatest risk for getting hurt again if they try to push him back onto the field before he's 100%?

Did I say next season? I said there's no point to rush him back.

His diagnosis or expected return is 4 to 6 weeks.

I'd rather it be the full six if he's 100% recovered than 4 if he comes back at 70% with a greater chance of just getting injured again.

How hard is this to understand I'd rather our franchise RB not have the greatest risk for getting hurt again if they try to push him back onto the field before he's 100%?

It is that 100%.. there really are very few NFL players who are at 100% every week. I do not know if 70% is the number, but if the Dr says he is good to go I think he is good to go.

How many games did Odell sit as our best player because he was not at 100%.. what did that do for the team?

It is that 100%.. there really are very few NFL players who are at 100% every week. I do not know if 70% is the number, but if the Dr says he is good to go I think he is good to go.

How many games did Odell sit as our best player because he was not at 100%.. what did that do for the team?

He sat out the final games of seasons already in the garbage what would winning those games do?

If Barkley is 100% ready to go let him play but not before that.

No reason to risk a reinjury from him being out there to early.

You should ask yourself that, and still answer: Why bother playing an injured player in a season going nowhere, and risk further injury and future seasons? Why are you risking compromising future seasons for this season?

Future is not promised... any NFL player is one tackle away from career ending injury. I want to root for a team who puts the best product on the field they can every game of the season.

MAYBE if we are talking about week 16 and we are a 3 win team.. you hold back a guy, or you give it the 4th game of the preseason treatment and play your second teams most of the time, but I do not think I am going to turn that game on.. Im certainly not going to drop $400 - $500 to go watch them play in person.

Future is not promised... any NFL player is one tackle away from career ending injury. I want to root for a team who puts the best product on the field they can every game of the season.

MAYBE if we are talking about week 16 and we are a 3 win team.. you hold back a guy, or you give it the 4th game of the preseason treatment and play your second teams most of the time, but I do not think I am going to turn that game on.. Im certainly not going to drop $400 - $500 to go watch them play in person.

And when that risk is elevated because we're forcing him back early, what say you then? Still play him?

Why bother showing up or watching any NFL games at all?

For real, I wont ever get that mentality where someone would rather watch 12 losses rather than 8 wins. I personally like to see win percentage increase each year until were playoff caliber. How else do you even measure progress? Because progress is not, well, at least our star running back got a light workload this season.

He sat out the final games of seasons already in the garbage what would winning those games do?

If Barkley is 100% ready to go let him play but not before that.

No reason to risk a reinjury from him being out there to early.

He was essentially benched those games, actually.

You should ask yourself that, and still answer: Why bother playing an injured player in a season going nowhere, and risk further injury and future seasons? Why are you risking compromising future seasons for this season?

Because you guys somehow believe that aggravating an ankle sprain is career ending and its ridiculous that youd want to watch this team not at full strength, with Jones getting reps without his star running back when that running back is potentially healthy. Its just an idiotic sentiment. I guarantee that Barkley plays as soon as he is ready. NFL teams attempt to win as many games as possible, playoffs or not.

Because you guys somehow believe that aggravating an ankle sprain is career ending and its ridiculous that youd want to watch this team not at full strength, with Jones getting reps without his star running back when that running back is potentially healthy. Its just an idiotic sentiment. I guarantee that Barkley plays as soon as he is ready. NFL teams attempt to win as many games as possible, playoffs or not.

Ankle Sprains = Increased risk of more serious ankle injuries, and Achilles injuries. The Achilles injury may not be career ending, but it's at least a career changing injury. Why risk it?

Yeah if the doctors and he say hes good to go then you play him.

His Ankle won't be 100% fully healed and rehabilitated this year. The Doctor may say he's able to play, but it will be at an increased risk of further injury, AND he's not going to be 100%. Planting the foot and making cuts won't feel the same for him until at least Jan-Feb 2020.

It's putting pointless tread on the tires when you don't need to.

Yeah if the doctors and he say hes good to go then you play him.

That's my point you play him when everyone says he's 100% ready to go, not before that.

I don't care if someone says "well he could play but...."

This type of injury is usually associated with season ending surgery. Last thing we need is to rush him back under the four weeks just to have him end up IR.

Let the guy heal and rest and when the team gives him the go ahead let him run wild.

His Ankle won't be 100% fully healed and rehabilitated this year. The Doctor may say he's able to play, but it will be at an increased risk of further injury, AND he's not going to be 100%. Planting the foot and making cuts won't feel the same for him until at least Jan-Feb 2020.

It's putting pointless tread on the tires when you don't need to.

Dude. Barkley himself is TELLING the media hes had the same injury and was back in two weeks. Hes an unbelievable physical specimen, a gym rat, and I have no doubt that he will work day and night to rehabilitate his ankle in a month or less.

Dude. Barkley himself is TELLING the media hes had the same injury and was back in two weeks. Hes an unbelievable physical specimen, a gym rat, and I have no doubt that he will work day and night to rehabilitate his ankle in a month or less.

I'm glad Barkley ain't the team doctor then lol

I'll leave it up to the doctors to make the decision if he's healthy or not.

Barkley had his way they just tape a steel rod to his foot and leg and he'd be out there running around.

If it turns out that way, great, but again, if there's a 1% increased risk, shut him down until there's no increased risk.