Nunez > Jeter

osi724dasack

Here's my take.

Yanks lineup with Nunez batting 8/9 IS BETTER than Jeter

Nunez offense IS BETTER than Jeter

Nunez range IS BETTER than Jeter

Nunez arm strength IS BETTER than Jeter

Jeter's consistency IS BETTER than Nunez

I am a big Yankee fan and Jeter fan, but I feel some relief. We worry about who replaces Mo and what happens when Mo goes, but with Jeter, it is clear, he is not the all star and hall of fame player he used to be...and we are the best team in the AL.

He's replaceable, and we can win if he isn't there.

Jeter is a ground ball machine, him in the leadoff spot KILLS this lineup, it feels old, slow, it just sucks all the life out.

As well, Nunez is doing much better in batting when he plays everyday.

Sorry but Jeter in reality is a late inning replacement guy.

I am dreading his return to the lineup, we will not go far in the playoffs if Jeter bats 1st.

If Jeter is batting 9th or 8th, we can do something, but the guy KILLS us anywhere important in the lineup.

Nunez has an insanely live bat for such a skinny fast guy, I know I'm getting a little carried away since Numez is on fire along with the while team since Jeter went down. Jeter is much more sound in the field but Nunez all around is better and will just get better and better all around if he plays everyday.

Nunez has an insanely live bat for such a skinny fast guy, I know I'm getting a little carried away since Numez is on fire along with the while team since Jeter went down. Jeter is much more sound in the field but Nunez all around is better and will just get better and better all around if he plays everyday.

+1.

Playing irregular is VERY hard on a young kid who is used to playing everyday.

I really hope the Yankees do the right thing, put Jeter nine, and eventually, platoon him.

This lineup has taken off with Garnder/Swish leading off.

They just look so much more energized, Jeter really slows them down.

+1.

Playing irregular is VERY hard on a young kid who is used to playing everyday.

I really hope the Yankees do the right thing, put Jeter nine, and eventually, platoon him.

This lineup has taken off with Garnder/Swish leading off.

They just look so much more energized, Jeter really slows them down.

Fully agree, in the postgame Girardi said he will have to get Nunez atbats when Jeter comes back by giving Jeter regular rest along with spelling Canonsnd Arod plus some time in the outfield.

Eventually Jeter must be dropped, and to 9th when Martin catches.

Jeter needs 2 days off per week, Arod DH/off 1 day per week...so Nunez gets at least 3 games in.

Arod is doing fine, hate the people who whine about Arod, man is doing just fine.