SportsWrath

Banuelos

Lubeck

I know it wasn't the cleanest first time against some major leaguers in the lineup but he faced a lot of adversity and came out of it well. I really hope Cashman doesn't screw it up and trade away Banuelos because he has a lot of talent for such a young left hander. I know he is a huge value as a prospect but please Brian hold onto him and let him don the pinstripes one day.

Actually Cashman has said that there are some high level prospects that he considers untouchable....I hope Banuelos is one of them. Just listening to his postgame interview he comes across extremely confident and sure of himself. This is the kind of guy who if he pans out could be a true ace and lock down a strong rotation for years to come.

I wanted to watch this last night but directtv blacked it out for some reason. Him and Montero are the only two untouchables, the other two killer B's can be expendable even though they have said Brackman has looked good has well

I wanted to watch this last night but directtv blacked it out for some reason. Him and Montero are the only two untouchables, the other two killer B's can be expendable even though they have said Brackman has looked good has well

Yeah when I heard Mitre wasn't going to get the start and it would be Banuelos I made sure to tune in.

• 2 weeks later...

He isnt going to be traded..if he does well this year in double A, he will be in the rotation next year. There isnt much left for him to do in the minors other than build innings. The stuff, command and control are all major league ready.

Id trade him for Felix Hernandez or Troy Tulowitzski and thats about it at this point.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

He's on AAA and has a shot to make the postseason roster!!!!

no way..he is not ready. I wouldnt say he regressed this year, but he seems to be walking a lot more batters. He is not ready. He can make a ST push to make the club next year, but it doesnt look like he will be ready. He is still extremely young, so be patient.