SportsWrath

Shhhh.......

Ggirl

Good job against the um... NATIONALS. That's right, you beat the Nats... way to go. Enjoy that .5 game lead you have for the time being. When you play a good team this weekend (the Cards) we'll see where the standings are. You guys better not blow it against John Lannan tonight... a pretty decent pitcher, otherwise your .5 lead over us will be gone just as fast. See, I wouldn't brag about first place until my team had more WINS than the second place team. A .5 game lead is nothing, it's a virtual tie. We'll see how well you guys do against St. Louis and Florida (your next two series). My prediction is Mets will be up by at least 2 games by the end of it. Do me a favor and look at the Mets' August schedule. It looks pretty damn favorable. But don't worry, we'll keep you guys around until Ryan Church gets back, then this offense will really start clicking, and by the end of August, it will be academic.

fuck you philly fan

Yeah, that statement is loading with class. Way to act like you're 3.

If you think that and all that and the rest of the bullshit that you spew is gonna make me run with my tail between my legs...try again.

How many Mets fans were in here the other night, screaming about a .5 game lead? Spare me. It was meant to be a tiny poke at you Mets fans. Not quite the malicious ribbing you make it out to be.

Don't worry guys. I may be a Phillies fan, but I can take it when you team turns on the shine...and you move into that prestigious spot on top of the division "by at least 2 games". :)

LIGHTEN UP.

Yea what he said

I want to see your posts when the Mets regain first. I can't wait. Gonna laugh it up when it happens.

Why don't you check back on some of my posts, Einstein. You'll see alot more congratulations than my team ever gets from you Mets fans.

Bite me.

Now...now...Cuzzin don't be gettin inta no give or take here...nots good for yer pressure. At least yer not a fan of dem Damn Yankees. ;) And I must say after my Metropolitans choked their collective asses out of the playoffs last year you were quite gracious in your sympathy and did not gloat overmuch. :TU:

First of all, you're playing the Nationals. That alone should have stopped you from making this thread.

Another thing, 3 year old post or not, you're still a Philly fan. I feel bad for you for that, to be honest.

That post was made from frustration about the game, and the fact that the Mets aren't gonna make a trade. So, I apoligize for coming off out of line or rude.

Yeah, that statement is loading with class. Way to act like you're 3.

If you think that and all that and the rest of the bullshit that you spew is gonna make me run with my tail between my legs...try again.

How many Mets fans were in here the other night, screaming about a .5 game lead? Spare me. It was meant to be a tiny poke at you Mets fans. Not quite the malicious ribbing you make it out to be.

Don't worry guys. I may be a Phillies fan, but I can take it when you team turns on the shine...and you move into that prestigious spot on top of the division "by at least 2 games". :)

LIGHTEN UP.

Ggirl, I want you to know that if any of this was directed my way, that I only rib you in a friendly way as well. You are the classiest, nicest, and best looking Philly fan I've ever met (still, that's like being the smartest kid with downs syndrome, to steal a line from "Waiting"). In any case, I never bragged about a half game lead, and furthermore, I'm hopelessly in love with you! :o

First of all, you're playing the Nationals. That alone should have stopped you from making this thread.

Another thing, 3 year old post or not, you're still a Philly fan. I feel bad for you for that, to be honest.

That post was made from frustration about the game, and the fact that the Mets aren't gonna make a trade. So, I apoligize for coming off out of line or rude.

Actually...the post was more about the Mets losing, and not so much our beating the Nats. I was calling attention to the fact that no one was in here and how quiet the forum was on a losing night.

I WAS TEASING FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD.

Hate me if you must. :) I'll live.

Ggirl, I want you to know that if any of this was directed my way, that I only rib you in a friendly way as well. You are the classiest, nicest, and best looking Philly fan I've ever met (still, that's like being the smartest kid with downs syndrome, to steal a line from "Waiting"). In any case, I never bragged about a half game lead, and furthermore, I'm hopelessly in love with you! :o

Rival love is the best kind of love. ;)

Well the Phillies can now hold their head high because they are clearly in first place with a full game lead after yet again beating THE NATIONALS! Gawd the Nationals suck and I hate them. They could have just taken ONE friggin' game from the Phils for us.

See, even a good rival can generate a positive, slightly fabulous reaction. ;)

Ggirl, just to let you know, that is not actual size, :P.

I would like to commend you for your class and restraint, because now that the Phils have extended their first place lead to 3 games, other fans (including me) would've been all over you letting you know about it. You are truly one classy lady.

For your sake, I'm glad to hear that. ;)

I would like to commend you for your class and restraint, because now that the Phils have extended their first place lead to 3 games, other fans (including me) would've been all over you letting you know about it. You are truly one classy lady.

Thank you for the compliment. I'm a "well seasoned" baseball fan. That, coupled with a bit of superstition about running ones mouth too early, keeps me quiet. You and I both know that these things turn in a heartbeat and so I put myself on "simmer" until the season has been decided. Until then, I can be happy knowing that no one needs me to point out the standings to them. :P

Besides, I don't dare give Jay another chance to throw the F bomb at me again. ;)

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help notice that your text penis looked very painful (to the receiver) and frightening to the eye.

I would have went with 8:::::::::::D.

Once again, I think it best if I keep from commenting. :P

like I told the Met pom pom wavers when they started a thread about a .5 game lead. Theres a ton of baseball left to be played, not to mention a west coast trip for the Phils who will face a better Dodger team now. The Mets will be fine(so long as they can field a team that is)