SportsWrath

Mets trade Milledge to Nats for Church and Schneider

jranieli

i was talking to a few met fans tonight who said that they heard on the radio that there's a rumor they made this trade to acquire someone that oakland, minny or baltimore wanted in a deal for one of their aces. take that for what it's worth

A friend of mine said he heard on some talk show that the Orioles want Ryan Church. Perhaps the Mets made this deal with the intent of trading him in a package for Bedard? I did an internet search and nothing came up linking Church to the Orioles though.

A friend of mine said he heard on some talk show that the Orioles want Ryan Church. Perhaps the Mets made this deal with the intent of trading him in a package for Bedard? I did an internet search and nothing came up linking Church to the Orioles though.

maybe you have the same friend as the admiral does...

I hear contract talks between Bedard and the O's stalled, and a day later we acquire Church.

I really don't think Omar has any intentions of having Church as our starting RF to start the year. Green is a similar type of player anyway.

Anyone have a list of OF FAs?

maybe you have the same friend as the admiral does...

I hear contract talks between Bedard and the O's stalled, and a day later we acquire Church.

I really don't think Omar has any intentions of having Church as our starting RF to start the year. Green is a similar type of player anyway.

Anyone have a list of OF FAs?

Milledge, 22, reportedly was offered with Aaron Heilman and Phillip Humber to the Orioles in a proposal that was rejected. Including Milledge did not make it more desirable to Baltimore, but one baseball official said, "You put Church or Gomez in place of Milledge in an offer and it might be a more attractive offer."

Maybe there is something to this??

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...or_brian_s.html

the orioles management is really, really bad, but I doubt theyre dumb enough to trade one of the best pitchers in baseball for Ryan Church and Mike Pelfrey(who sucks)

Milledge was the best chip the mets could offer in any trade. I really dont know why they made that move. Omar is not a good GM

the orioles management is really, really bad, but I doubt theyre dumb enough to trade one of the best pitchers in baseball for Ryan Church and Mike Pelfrey(who sucks)

Milledge was the best chip the mets could offer in any trade. I really dont know why they made that move. Omar is not a good GM

Pelfrey does not suck first of all, he struggled like many young pitchers do when they come up too soon. He has good stuff and just need to put it all together.

Second of all, Milledge is not the Mets best trade chip, the rose is off his bloom so to speak. Last year this time? Yes, Now? No not at all. Gomez and Martinez are far more attractive prospects then Milledge is at this point.

Pelfrey does not suck first of all, he struggled like many young pitchers do when they come up too soon. He has good stuff and just need to put it all together.

Second of all, Milledge is not the Mets best trade chip, the rose is off his bloom so to speak. Last year this time? Yes, Now? No not at all. Gomez and Martinez are far more attractive prospects then Milledge is at this point.

Pelfrey has very good stuff, but he is a pussy and will never be a good major league pitcher until he grows some balls...and its pretty hard for a person to change their personality so the odds are against him.

Martinez, I'll give you. But not Gomez. The bottom line is that it was very foolish to include Milledge in a trade for a player that wasnt a starting pitcher.

Maybe they pull off a trade with Baltimore, theyre morons over there.

Pelfrey has very good stuff, but he is a pussy and will never be a good major league pitcher until he grows some balls...and its pretty hard for a person to change their personality so the odds are against him.

Martinez, I'll give you. But not Gomez. The bottom line is that it was very foolish to include Milledge in a trade for a player that wasnt a starting pitcher.

Where do you come to those conclusions on Gomez and Pelfrey?

Gomez was 20 years old last year, pressed into the big leagues with injuries to Alou, Chavez and Milledge. He more than held his own for a guy that had no business being up yet and his speed was what stuck out most, combine that with his size and his ability he had shown to hit at each level before, there is no way to not think that this kid will be a good ballplayer.

Pelfrey doesn't suck. He needs more time. It's not fair to judge a guy based on what amounts to less than half a season in the majors.

I do not like the Milledge trade. It seems like Omar just wanted to dump the guy. No doubt he's going to tear up the Mets now.

That's some solid evaluation work right there. I'm shocked that you are not the GM of a high profile team by now. :rolleyes:

Have you seen Gomez or Martinez play? Also, Omar is in constant conversation with other GMs and he knows who they are asking about and what kind of value they hold. Obviously he didn't see the intrest in Milledge which everyone seems to think is out there. Probably because of his attitude and off field behavior.