SportsWrath

Coughlin

Nesta

Really it's not worth a tutorial so I'll just explain it here for you.

The old man makes up the base layer in the pic, just drop the coughlin pic on top of it.

Next erase all around the edges of the coughlin face from chin to ears to top of head. Don't worry about being exact with your erasing. Most of the edges will lose later. We're just doing this now to make the coughlin head smaller and easier to work with.

Next, adjust the opacity of coughlin head til you can see features of both heads.

Then, with move tool selected (top right on tool pallette), hold shift and drag corner of coughlin head until his eyes are seperated equally with the eyes of the old man. This will ensure that you closely match the size of both faces.

Next, with the opacity still at a level to show both faces, erase the parts of the coughlin head you don't need. I do this by looking at the base layer and deciding which features I want to be kept in the final pic. For instance, keep big ears of the old man, so erase coughlin ears. Keep forehead wrinkles of old man, so erase coughlin's forehead. I do all the erasing with a hard edge eraser, we'll soften it up later.

Next, take the opacity back up to 100% on coughlin face. You should now be able to see the features of both faces that you wanted to keep. However, the color and contrast are way off so it looks like shit.

Open up Image>adjustments>brightness&contrast then play with the contrast until it's as close to the old man's as you can get. Hit ok to save changes and close that menu.

Next, hit control-b to bring up the color balance menu. Adjust the colors until you get a match. If you play with it and can't get a match don't worry. Just adjust it as close as you can get it, then hit ok. Then hit ctrl-b again to adjust more. You may have to do it 3 or 4 times before matching the color exactly.

Lastly, I take a soft edge eraser and just barely graze the edges of the coughlin head to take away any obvious lines.

If you're doing black and white photos, it's pretty much the same except instead of using the color balance use hue&saturation without colorizing.

If you don't understand some of this let me know and I"ll try to explain.

Really it's not worth a tutorial so I'll just explain it here for you.

The old man makes up the base layer in the pic, just drop the coughlin pic on top of it.

Next erase all around the edges of the coughlin face from chin to ears to top of head. Don't worry about being exact with your erasing. Most of the edges will lose later. We're just doing this now to make the coughlin head smaller and easier to work with.

Next, adjust the opacity of coughlin head til you can see features of both heads.

Then, with move tool selected (top right on tool pallette), hold shift and drag corner of coughlin head until his eyes are seperated equally with the eyes of the old man. This will ensure that you closely match the size of both faces.

Next, with the opacity still at a level to show both faces, erase the parts of the coughlin head you don't need. I do this by looking at the base layer and deciding which features I want to be kept in the final pic. For instance, keep big ears of the old man, so erase coughlin ears. Keep forehead wrinkles of old man, so erase coughlin's forehead. I do all the erasing with a hard edge eraser, we'll soften it up later.

Next, take the opacity back up to 100% on coughlin face. You should now be able to see the features of both faces that you wanted to keep. However, the color and contrast are way off so it looks like shit.

Open up Image>adjustments>brightness&contrast then play with the contrast until it's as close to the old man's as you can get. Hit ok to save changes and close that menu.

Next, hit control-b to bring up the color balance menu. Adjust the colors until you get a match. If you play with it and can't get a match don't worry. Just adjust it as close as you can get it, then hit ok. Then hit ctrl-b again to adjust more. You may have to do it 3 or 4 times before matching the color exactly.

Lastly, I take a soft edge eraser and just barely graze the edges of the coughlin head to take away any obvious lines.

If you're doing black and white photos, it's pretty much the same except instead of using the color balance use hue&saturation without colorizing.

If you don't understand some of this let me know and I"ll try to explain.

Thanks I guess it takes lots of practice......Atleast i know what to work on

Thanks I guess it takes lots of practice......Atleast i know what to work on

Keep in mind when adjusting the color balance that most of your adjustment will be with red and yellow.

There's not much blue and green in flesh.

When you get the hang of it, it's really a quick process. Just looks complicated when trying to explain it.

I am still trying to figure out the face fade, but this is funny enough

On that, I'd use a larger soft brush to cut away the edges. And don't be afraid to cut out his cheeks and chin and some forehead.

Adjust the contrast, to make it lower. The background pic is softer in contrast than the coughlin face.

Then adjust the color using color balance.

Experiment with it, but looks like you need more yellow and a little less red to match the skin color of the girl.