SportsWrath

Landon Collins out for shoulder surgery 4-6 months

Tempest

Hes not the reason... hes a bright spot in a defense under new DC who doesnt have the pieces together yet.... stop your bitching.

Defence has been bottom 20 of the NFL the last 3 out of 4 years.

I'm sorry I expect a player(s) to keep playing at some level that they have shown in the past.

"Stop your bitching"

lol Even I didn't think you were that naive Nas.

This place is starting to make the GMB look like some real discussion went on there.

Well his free agent contract value just dropped in half. No more than $5-6mm per year. 4 years $25mm tops.

That was my first thought too.... maybe they do resign him to a cheaper deal, or a short term one to see how he comes back. If a bum shoulder means that he becomes less effective tackling, we already know his weakness against the pass what does the guy have to offer?

They don't need to sign him to a long term contract. They can sign him as a franchise player for one year and if he doesn't pan out then it's a one year experiment and they move on. Frankly this works out best for both sides and I don't think you'll hear much complaining from him.

It's just amazing to constantly read the bullshit written about this guy on here. How many if any played as well as he has the previous few seasons.Fuck all.

Man the bitching on this board is phenomenal. We dont have players on defense better than Collins. Yes, he has given up a few big plays in the passing game, but has been excellent against the run. Just use him more as LB. We should keep him. His leadership on defense is very valuable

Man the bitching on this board is phenomenal. We dont have players on defense better than Collins. Yes, he has given up a few big plays in the passing game, but has been excellent against the run. Just use him more as LB. We should keep him. His leadership on defense is very valuable

We are 23rd against the rush and 24th overall. Your statement may be true (I think #20 is the best player) but doesn't make him valuable.

YOU DONT BUILD A TEAM AROUND A ONE DIMENSIONAL IN-BOX SAFETY.

Seriously, no one is saying that he cant tackle. People are saying it makes no sense, with all the other needs on this team, to tag or sign Collins commensurate with top safety money. You dont build a defense around a safety. They need pass rushers and corners.

Im hoping that #21 stays. He has great spirit and is a fine Giant. I was worried that DG might trade him just before the deadline and very glad when he didnt.

We can easily keep him for 1 year in 2019 on a fair deal for both parties. I also hope that we keep him long term if he comes back strong after the surgery

Ehh.... Landon needs to go to a 4-3 defense where he can be moved to a weakside LB position, and play underneath or blitz in sub-packages. He's an up-field player. He can't play in reverse. Having said that...we could always resign him as an attacking, upfield safety in sub-packages, but we'd still need to fill the backfield with a better cover safety, and I'm not sure we want to pay 6-$10mm per year (or whatever the lofty contract will be) for a sub-package player PLUS another safety because Landon can't cover.

You guys keep saying hes going to come at a fair price. Its simply not true. Hes perceived as a top safety in the league. Hes going to either get franchised (short sighted) and make top safety money or a team will sign him long term to top safety money.

Defence has been bottom 20 of the NFL the last 3 out of 4 years.

I'm sorry I expect a player(s) to keep playing at some level that they have shown in the past.

"Stop your bitching"

lol Even I didn't think you were that naive Nas.

This place is starting to make the GMB look like some real discussion went on there.

The defense and the entire team is udner new FO and new coaching staff... It takes time to put their pieces together. Landin Collins is a bright spot on a unit where there aren't many.

You guys keep saying hes going to come at a fair price. Its simply not true. Hes perceived as a top safety in the league. Hes going to either get franchised (short sighted) and make top safety money or a team will sign him long term to top safety money.

I can't see him going for more than $10-12mm per year.

I could see him as an inside LB too in a 3-4...I imagine he's fluid enough not to get caught in traffic and avoid pulling linemen and whatnot. Playing zone in middle on pass plays I think he could do well. Blitzing...I don't see as a problem.

About the only flaw he has is in man coverage. He is worth resigning...no question.

I can't see him going for more than $10-12mm per year.

Thats top 5 safety money and values him at the same compensation levels as safeties who can cover. A run stuffing safety is not particularly necessary in a 3-4 d.

I could see him as an inside LB too in a 3-4...I imagine he's fluid enough not to get caught in traffic and avoid pulling linemen and whatnot. Playing zone in middle on pass plays I think he could do well. Blitzing...I don't see as a problem.

About the only flaw he has is in man coverage. He is worth resigning...no question.

I was thinking that as well, but between his elbow injury last year and now his shoulder, I wonder about his durability.