SportsWrath

tiki is really a good guy

donovan4prez

Link

Accorsi said he has "no problem" with Tiki Barber giving Eagles running back Brian Westbrook workout tips. Westbrook, hoping to gain the durability that Barber has found, recently reached out to the Giants back about his training regime. While Barber did not make direct contact, his business agent, Mark Lepselter, last week called the office of Eagles coach Andy Reid and provided the phone number for Joe Carini, former winner of the New Jersey Strongest Man competition, who is Barber's workout guru.

"I don't think there's any concern about helping out a fellow guy in the league," Lepselter said.

Accorsi said, "Tiki knows what he's doing."

This thread should read, "D4P, is really a good guy, but not so smart."

I fail to see what training tips has to do with good strategy when many standout players from the U all train together in the offseason and it seems to be a strong program....maybe they should all be hush-hush.

So why is he not so smart for not trying to help an opponent?

:confused:

I fail to see what training tips has to do with good strategy when many standout players from the U all train together in the offseason and it seems to be a strong program....maybe they should all be hush-hush.

all the players from miami share a bond....what bond does tiki and westbrook share??

I'm sure westbrook could not figure out who tiki's trainer was by the SI art..

It's not really a secret. Tiki's been very upfront about his training regemin. There's been articles about it all over the place.

It's more telling about Westbrook that he needs to ask, rather than do the research himself.

Maybe Buckhalter should join too, so that maybe he can see a regular season game this year.

Having gone to the same college isn't necessarily a stronger bond than being two of the 33 starters in the same position within an elite league so, I don't see any suprise in the information sharing between two men in the same situation.

I suppose the only question is "why Andy Reid isn't calling other coaches to find out how to use Westrbook more effectively."

Having gone to the same college isn't necessarily a stronger bond than being two of the 33 starters in the same position within an elite league so, I don't see any suprise in the information sharing between two men in the same situation.

I suppose the only question is "why Andy Reid isn't calling other coaches to find out how to use Westrbook more effectively."

haven't you heard the way these guys talk about their school. the love and respect they have for playing at the "U" is rivaled only by notre dame football players. and don't tell me it's because thye have so many players in the NFL because I don't hear FSU guys gushing over their school

too bad pe-li doesn't have any mississippi alumn in the NFL to bond with :cwy:

haven't you heard the way these guys talk about their school. the love and respect they have for playing at the "U" is rivaled only by notre dame football players. and don't tell me it's because thye have so many players in the NFL because I don't hear FSU guys gushing over their school

too bad pe-li doesn't have any mississippi alumn in the NFL to bond with :cwy:

He said "pe-li" ! :LMAO:

Shut up, fool.

How is that not being smart wut is wrong with tryin to help some one out it's not like its going to help out the Eagles anyways. You cant just be durable you gotta be good too.

if you haven't noticed, westbrook DESTROYS the Giants when they play.....with tiki's secret recipe, no opponent is safe :ph34r:

yeah, you're right they love their alma mater because of the strong academic program. They like the success they had and the training program, so even pros from different teams share the regimen, it's not like they went to remedial math and 101 Humanities.

I see no difference in sharing the same practices between pros from different teams, same alma mater or not, so Tiki's fine.

Besides, Westbroke is going to be lucky to have Tikis' career.

Paging Andy Reid: Run the ball.

yeah, you're right they love their alma mater because of the strong academic program . They like the success they had and the training program, so even pros from different teams share the regimen, it's not like they went to remedial math and 101 Humanities.

I see no difference in sharing the same practices between pros from different teams, same alma mater or not, so Tiki's fine.

Besides, Westbroke is going to be lucky to have Tikis' career.

Paging Andy Reid: Run the ball.

:LMAO:

are you serious???? of course not

if you haven't noticed, westbrook DESTROYS the Giants when they play.....with tiki's secret recipe, no opponent is safe :ph34r:

Tiki Barber is class act and he doesn't mind helping a follow RB who is also labeled as "NOT" a every down back. Can you really blame Tiki for helping him out?

just as long as he doesn't teach him how to fumble

tiki.gif

That was a relevant statement 3 years ago...sort of like "D4P is a good guy" but not as much bull shit.

Link

Accorsi said he has "no problem" with Tiki Barber giving Eagles running back Brian Westbrook workout tips. Westbrook, hoping to gain the durability that Barber has found, recently reached out to the Giants back about his training regime. While Barber did not make direct contact, his business agent, Mark Lepselter, last week called the office of Eagles coach Andy Reid and provided the phone number for Joe Carini, former winner of the New Jersey Strongest Man competition, who is Barber's workout guru.

"I don't think there's any concern about helping out a fellow guy in the league," Lepselter said.

Desprate times call for desperate measures, I would rather see a Giant fail miserably then ask an Eagle for one ounce of advice. Although McNabb could tell ELI how to get over tough playoff losses, so maybe I take that back.

Link

Ehh, not worried at all.

Westbrook just like his predecessor Staley never manages to stay healthy for an entire seson, couple that with the breakdown of the Eagles O-line he's gonna need all the help he can get.

if you haven't noticed, westbrook DESTROYS the Giants when they play.....with tiki's secret recipe, no opponent is safe :ph34r: that workout has been on tv and in sports news articles for 2 years it really is no secret. anyone can hire a trainer to show them how to add power while not giving up speed. the big if is can you stay healthy that is something no trainer in the world can help you with. it is all about body type and physiology (sp?)

• 2 weeks later...