SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

Yeah it looks like they've decided to build around the pitching. Not a bad plan considering their ballpark.

Well it has not worked well the last 2 seasons... Maybe they open the pocketbook this off season and pick up a major league hitter or two

No

No way they sign Harper. No way in hell. If he had a less skilled brother theyd sign him but not Harper. I will eat ketchup if they do. Hell, Ill eat ketchup if they even make a legit push to sign him.

Idnstay away from Harper...hes had one great season...the rest good but injury riddled and not super star numbers...bur he is young...jis best years are in his future....but that's a gamble...im glad the Yankees won't be in on him...but I'd love then to sign machado....then you can sign Corbin and trade didi and others for starting pitching via trade this winter

No way they sign Harper. No way in hell. If he had a less skilled brother theyd sign him but not Harper. I will eat ketchup if they do. Hell, Ill eat ketchup if they even make a legit push to sign him.

i dont know how long youve been a Mets fan but theyve taken huge contracts in the past.

i dont know how long youve been a Mets fan but theyve taken huge contracts in the past.

Not since Piazza. You can argue that Cespedes was a big contract signing but he was a cast off from other teams. The guy doesn't care. The Wilpons are an embarrassment and the club is a laughing stock. Almost everything they do blows up in their face.

Fan since 1974.

Not since Piazza. You can argue that Cespedes was a big contract signing but he was a cast off from other teams. The guy doesn't care. The Wilpons are an embarrassment and the club is a laughing stock. Almost everything they do blows up in their face.

Fan since 1974.

Band wagoner

Band wagoner

Ha!

The band wagon has 3 wheels and 2 are flat. It’s been in in the same spot for so long that it’s loaded with parking tickets.

Carlos Delgado and Beltran

Cliff floyyd

Pedro Martinez

Traded for and extended Johan Santana

K rod

Mike hampton...though he went to Colorado because of the schools

Delgado signing gets a C+. He was getable because of his anti-National Anthem issues

Cliff Floydd was a solid signing but nothing close to blockbuster

Santana would have been a great get but the Mets blew his arm out

KRod lasted 1 season and was nothing close to what they paid for him

Pedro was on his last legs, over paid/ too many years and only had 1 good season. Just like Glavine and Hershiser.

Mike Hampton was a good for 1 year.

Beltran was a great pick up but the guy couldnt play with a hang nail.

Eddie Murray was a head case.

The last great trade and eventual signing was Piazza(an argument can also be made for Ventura).For the very few people the Mets got better with theres all the Mo Vaugns, Roberto Alomars, Bobby Bonillas, Ricky Hendersons, Vince Colemans, Brett Saberhagens, Yoenis Cespedses and countless others that were a frigging joke.

Think of all the pitchers that went on to be superstars/winners after leaving the Mets or before getting to The Mets.

My topic was not about a big signing being a bust- thats a given with the Mets. But about their willingness to make the big signing. Beltran is a very good example.

That willingness you speak of isn’t there anymore and hasn’t been for a while which is why I said them even taking harper out for coffee is a long shot.

That willingness you speak of isn’t there anymore and hasn’t been for a while which is why I said them even taking harper out for coffee is a long shot.

But you went in a different direction to Guy.

I think they might. You’re gonna keep thos aces, you have to fill up a roster. They’ll have the same problem attracting sluggers the Giants do. Pitchers Park. So 10 years 380 million may get him to forget that.

But you went in a different direction to Guy.

I think they might. You’re gonna keep thos aces, you have to fill up a roster. They’ll have the same problem attracting sluggers the Giants do. Pitchers Park. So 10 years 380 million may get him to forget that.

I replied to Guy in that way because of the direction he went. I replied to you in the direction you were heading. As I said, I got a ketchup packet waiting if they make a legit offer. And not one of these offers the Mets are known for just to say we tried.

Can anyone give me a single good reason Reyes is still on the Mets Roster... the guy is fucking DONE.... there has to be SOME minor league infielder who can come up and get some experience instead of sending Jose out there... unless they think some GM will get drunk AF and trade him over waivers

The Mets tried to blow the game last night... That 7th inning was rough as fuck to watch. That Joey Votto for the Reds is a real hitter, I would take that dude in our lineup in a heart beat.

This McNeil kid we called up is looking pretty good, except for that scrappy fucking beard he is rocking. Have to assume his production will go down as pitchers start to build up a game plan against him, but I think some work with major league batting coaches he should be able to turn into a decent player. Wilmer had a great game for his birthday too... 3 for 4 with 2 RBI and run scored.

The Mets tried to blow the game last night... That 7th inning was rough as fuck to watch. That Joey Votto for the Reds is a real hitter, I would take that dude in our lineup in a heart beat.

This McNeil kid we called up is looking pretty good, except for that scrappy fucking beard he is rocking. Have to assume his production will go down as pitchers start to build up a game plan against him, but I think some work with major league batting coaches he should be able to turn into a decent player. Wilmer had a great game for his birthday too... 3 for 4 with 2 RBI and run scored.

The Mets need to get said major league hitting coaches first.

The Mets and the nats aren't making the playoffs...so, let's see if the archaic bwaa writers get it right and give the cy young to deGrom and not Scherzer because max has more meaningless wins.

What d eGrom is doing is unprecedented...barring injury or complete implosion...he will have tossed over 200 innings with over 200 strikeouts and an era below 2...and under 10 wins.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...